2019 Corvette Nationals show - 29th and 30th June

Pete

CCCUK Member
You’re both right, I know that but I was very cross at what happened. I don’t go pot hunting, but the Nationals is the benchmark and I spent a long time preparing the car as I know many others did. How can you have C? Best in Show when half or more weren’t even looked at. Besides, how could they be when the cars were mixed up all over the place.
Hope everyone has a great time.

Roscobbc

Club cars were 'mixed' in terms of show displacement last year. This was following several requests for a 'loose' format show that would allow regional groups and buddies to park together irrespective of individual Corvette marques. Feed-back was favourable from many members - so the same thing will happen this year. Were you 100% sure that your car wasn't looked at by the judges? (you were with your vehicle 100% of the time?) Please remember that last year (as this year) we didn't have a Nationals Organiser so I am going to defend the individual committee members, regional reps and their respective partners who put significant time and effort in to making the show what it is. Ok so the show is not perfect but unless one of our members is going to 'step up to the plate' and take the Nats on it'll be the best we can do given the available resources.....

Last edited:

Rich

Administrator
Do you have to book to attend the nationals somewhere, I.e to attend the 2 days?
If you want to stay in the Hotel, you need to book both Friday and Saturday nights but it may well be full. If you just want to join the Saturday night dinner without accommodation, you need to speak to the hotel. If you just want to attend either or both days, there is no need to book. Just turn up.

Harv Oz

CCCUK Member
If you want to stay in the Hotel, you need to book both Friday and Saturday nights but it may well be full. If you just want to join the Saturday night dinner without accommodation, you need to speak to the hotel. If you just want to attend either or both days, there is no need to book. Just turn up.
Perfect, that’s kind of what I thought, but as it’s my first time I wanted to double check. As there an agenda published somewhere?

Dave R

CCCUK Member
There was some mention at one point of those who didn't want to eat at the hotel on Friday night going to a nearby American Diner (I presume Buddies) Has anything come of this ? I've booked the hotel and the Gala Meal on the Sunday but have left my options open for the Friday

Roscobbc

There was some mention at one point of those who didn't want to eat at the hotel on Friday night going to a nearby American Diner (I presume Buddies) Has anything come of this ? I've booked the hotel and the Gala Meal on the Sunday but have left my options open for the Friday
I'm guessing we'll make a decision on that on the Friday?

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Dave - I think you had a typo the Gala Meal is on the Saturday Night
See you there.

Rich

Administrator
Jeannie and I will be there Friday evening too. Will almost certainly eat in the Restaurant as we are not attending the Friday "cabaret". I can feel a party coming on.....................

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
We are coming for Friday evening too, just booked a table at Buddies American Diner in Rushden... 🍔🇺🇸
Looking forward to seeing everyone!