Central South Sunday Breakfast Meet 7th July 2019 and Cruise to AACUK Nationals

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Sunday 7th July from 8.30 am at the Punchbowl, Rising Lane, Lapworth, Warwickshire (B94 6HR)

The Punchbowl Lapworth – Lapworth Restaurant, Rooms & Bar

This is an invitation for all Corvette Enthusiasts and Partners irespective of Region, to come along and join us for Breakfast and then a Cruise to the AACUK Nationals.

The Punchbowl is a lovely country Pub, Inn and Eatery - Serving a variety of freshly cooked breakfasts together with fresh orange juice, coffee or tea, all brought to your table with a smile.

The Punchbowl has excellent parking and is very well situated for the M6, M42 and M40 and not too far from the M5 corridor. You will be impressed by this venue.

Cruise to the AACUK Nationals

Post Breakfast we shall Cruise down to Hatton Country World and join with the AACUK where they are having their Summer Nationals

Please reply to this post or by email within the next seven days if you wish to come as both the Punchbowl and the AACUK wish to know the numbers attending.

All Vette heads and Partners welcome even if you are without a Vette.

WelshVette

Busy user
Hi Barry, We (David & Sallyann Lewis) would like to attend along with David & Amanda Murray.
I will be driving a Camaro and David will be in his Vette.

See you then. (y)

Backseatdriver

CCCUK Member
We're coming to Breakfast and on to Hatton for the rest of the day. (We may well pack a picnic.)
We'll be in the C2 (if we've fixed the fuel starvation problem) or the C6. It's such a good venue - with lots of shops and a garden centre. ( We know some corvettes love to be filled with plants!! )
Graham and Julie

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
We're coming to Breakfast and on to Hatton for the rest of the day. (We may well pack a picnic.)
We'll be in the C2 (if we've fixed the fuel starvation problem) or the C6. It's such a good venue - with lots of shops and a garden centre. ( We know some corvettes love to be filled with plants!! )
Graham and Julie
Great news that you will be coming - Thank you

Fuel Starvation for some could be caused by too many mothballs in the wallet - But not for Champagne Graham.

Possible issues / remedies .....................
Reverse blow out the fuel filter on to a piece of white A4 paper to look for orange particles / oxidation of the metal tank, the rust particles clog the one way micro gauze in the filter causing at first intermittent fuel starvation.

If that fails you need "Easy Jet"
In other words remove the carb and blow out the orifices with an air line.

Good Luck

See you both at Breakfast

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Hi Barry
We will be attending the Breakfast at the Punchbowl.

Mike and Deb
Hi Mike - Great - We look forward to seeing you both
Will you and Debbie also be cruising with us down to the AACUK Summer Nats at Hatton Country World
I am sure Debbie will love the miscellaneous artifacts in the various shops when the girls all troop off to have a look

Barry

monty

CCCUK regional rep
Hi Barry
I will ask her who must be obeyed and let you know, we might be coming in 2 cars if our daughter who is over from Dubai wants to come but it will only be 1 American car and as Graham says we might fill it with plants again it smelt nice on the way home though.

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Hi Barry
I will ask her who must be obeyed and let you know, we might be coming in 2 cars if our daughter who is over from Dubai wants to come but it will only be 1 American car and as Graham says we might fill it with plants again it smelt nice on the way home though.
There will be lots of american cars so do not worry, Debbie and daughter can come in an "SLK" or a van and max it with the Hanging Baskets
you will need three chairs if your Daughter is coming, tell her not worry most of us speak arabic.

Sa La Ma Lakum
السلام عليكم

Backseatdriver

CCCUK Member
This could have been the best event of the year (after the nationals, of course!)
Here come some pics....

Attachments

• IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    323.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    301.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    260 KB · Views: 11

Backseatdriver

CCCUK Member
It was a FABULOUS day!
And we have supper club on Thursday coming up.....can't wait to see everyone who comes! Amazing how all corvette people are happy, sociable, friendly, instant friends!

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
We second & third that!! What a fantastic day. Barry's skills as a regional rep we're very evident judging by the strong attendance, & the organisation was top notch. We met loads of friendly, helpful superb people. Thank you. Steve & Jan.

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Yes it was a great day - made great by all those who came - we had 12 Vettes, 1 lovely Black ZL1 Camaro and a Ferrrari and later on Yellow Peril the International Yellow and Chrome Truck

We had a total of 24 Vette Heads, with Dave and Amanda traveling from Cardiff, Dave and Sally Anne from Port Talbot, Phil and Carole from Gloucester and Lizzy all the way from Dubai

A great day at Breakfast and then at the AACUK Nats, where we made more friends there, with a couple more Vettes hopefully joining with us in the near future

Roger won Best Sponsor's Choice with his C2 427 Coupe and Mike won Best Modern with his C7 Z06 Coupe

Thank you to the AACUK for letting us join in their festivities and to include us in the Prize Giving

We had sought permission of the AACUK to join with them at their Nats, unfortuneately we bewildered one of the Marshalls who thought he was being assaulted by 12 Vettes all arriving at the same time and parking in a perfect line, I think if he could he would have given us all a parking ticket, I failed in my bid to run him over - A kind gentleman from the AACUK (Ex -Chairman) came over to apologise for the welcome we received, but hey ho, AACUK is a great Club - we enjoyed being there and sharing their day with them - Thank you to the AACUK.

A BIG BIG Thank You to all of you who came - It is all of you who came that made the day - WELL DONE!

Last edited:

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Wherever we went the earth shook - 5000 Cubic Inches of V8s - over 100 Pistons on the go - the waft of Pratt and Witney in the air, a Vette Dream for most.

monty

CCCUK regional rep
A good very hot day Deb and Lizzy enjoyed it (especially the Mustangs for Lizzy that is seen as she owns one in Dubai) even though they had to leave early to get back to the dogs 3 Staffies left alone for too long is a recipe for disaster in the house. I was a founder member of the AAC when John Macnamara was in charge of it early 1980's , i got talking to a guy who was in it back then who remembered my 1979 Trans-am and 1978 anniversary corvette which we took to lots of the shows that was before the children arrived on the scene, but back to the corvette's and we shall see all at the Thursday night supper meet. Oh yeah good job my air con was on with all those exhaust fumes from 10 V8 lumps in front of me.