Every Cloud........

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
So after returning from the fab Hot Rods & Hills event in the Lake District, first job was to strip out interior to dry out carpets.
IMG_20190610_172553.jpg
IMG_20190610_172606.jpg
IMG_20190610_172625.jpgNext job was to establish where the squeaking in the rear axle area was coming from. Up on axle stands, rotating wheels but couldn't hear it.
Drove across city to mate's garage, squeaking was much worse, but got there. Back up on axle stands, me inside this time, car in drive, OMG both wheel bearings clearly shot, as both wheels moving about 2-3 inches - I was extremely lucky to get to his!
So car now in his garage, rear end stripped and awaiting new bearings. Hopefully new steering box arrives this week and can get that fitted too. Supposed to be going away next weekend for my wife's birthday and attending a car show on the Sunday, will have to wait and see.
Every cloud has a silver lining???
Of course! With car out of my garage, weather forecast good for next two days, time to clear it out and paint the floor!
IMG_20190622_121128.jpg
IMG_20190622_144943.jpg

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
Safe to say, wheel bearings are fooked!
U/Js not much better. So have decided to order not just rear bearings, seals & U/Js, but front ones too, as I assume from appearance, all original. IMG-20190626-WA0004.jpgIMG-20190626-WA0005.jpgIMG-20190626-WA0006.jpgIMG-20190626-WA0007.jpg

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Big job that Jimbo, it will be good to have that done and behind you.
I just came on to see if you were going to come to the Nats, but looks like another Show for you this Sunday.
Perhaps next year

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
Big job that Jimbo, it will be good to have that done and behind you.
I just came on to see if you were going to come to the Nats, but looks like another Show for you this Sunday.
Perhaps next year
No show this weekend either, as I'm not going to receive the bearings, seals & U/Js till next Wed at the earliest. Hopefully have all sorted before next event on 14th July.
Yes, attendance at Nationals is on my To Do List & 2020 has a nice ring to it.

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
Never made the show on 14th July (bearing delivery issue) But did make this one at start of August and if you expand photo and can still read wording, they have started the caption under the picture of my C3, with ICONIC. Never a truer word said about a little red corvette😇IMG_20190808_153944.jpg

N

Norm

Went through the same bearing repairs some years ago, never again, C3's gone now.
Nice job on the garage floor, looks good. (y)