Headlights

oberger

Regular user
Hi
Some of my headlights are not turning on but I can’t understand why because I believe that the external lights are low beams while internals are high beam. However with low beams only the LH external is on and with high beam I have both on in the LH and only the external in the RH. What that can be?
Also don’t know why the RH headlight is slower to pop up and down than the LH

Many thanks for your help33553356

langlj00

Busy user
Evening,
When you select dip (low) beam, only the outside lamps should light - These lamps are dual filament (dip and main).
When you select high beam all four should light - the inners are single filament only.
Therefore:
Your Drivers side outside lamp is working (dip and main).
Your Drivers side inside lamp (main beam single filament only) is working.
Your Passenger side inside lamp (main beam single filament only) is not working,
Your Passenger side outside lamp is working in main but not dip (one filament blown).

So either you have issues with the lamp/filaments as identified - or there is a wiring issue (probably the bulbs though).

With regard to the lights opening and closing at different speeds - these are vacuum operated (air), and thus you have a slight leak somewhere in the system (probably in the actuator relay) :
1968-1982 Corvette Headlight & Wiper Door Vacuum Actuator Relay

Jeremy

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
Hi
Some of my headlights are not turning on but I can’t understand why because I believe that the external lights are low beams while internals are high beam. However with low beams only the LH external is on and with high beam I have both on in the LH and only the external in the RH. What that can be?
Also don’t know why the RH headlight is slower to pop up and down than the LH

Many thanks for your helpView attachment 3355View attachment 3356
Have a look at this video. Refers to non raising of lights due to vacuum leak. One of my lights would only go up half way. Changed the seal as per video, now goes up faster than the "good" one! So that's next on list. Steve