Missing "Service Stamps" Chevy UK owned/run C7s

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Anyone on here own a Bauer Millett supplied UK spec C7 (2014/2015) that has Chevrolet UK as the first registered owner? That may include cars used by Man Utd as part of their sponsorship deal? If so, are there any service stamps in the book for the period of Chevy UK ownership?

Been looking for an early UK spec car. Phoned about this one, Oliver Gavin's 2015 old "company car". They have had it for ages (early 2018?). Wouldn't/couldn't (?) tell me if there are any stamps in the book.

Saved Adverts

Saw a 2014 car this week, owned by Chevy UK for 2 years. No service stamps in the book for that period. Thanks/Peter

Rich

Administrator
I bought a 2013 Man Utd Grand Sport from the second owner after Chevrolet. GM owned It for 18 months and it was 2 years old by the time I got. No stamps in the service book whilst GM had it and I had a warranty claim to make. Chevrolet refused to honour the warranty as they said it hadn't been serviced. I told them not to be so stupid as they had owned it for the first 18 months and if it wasn't serviced, they had voided their own warranty.

Gut feel was that the cars were serviced but due to the special arrangement with Bauer Millett normal service procedures may not have been applied.

My warranty claim was honoured, by the way.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Thanks Rich, Now you mention it, I do remember your original post on this. Being Chairman of the CCCUK at the time (?) might have helped? The one I looked at then allegedly went off to Jersey for 2 years after Chevy UK. No service stamps there either. Dealer got it serviced at Ian Allan last October. Had to point out to the dealer that the Reg and VIN numbers on the IA invoice didn't agree with car or its V5. Hard work trying to find a good C7? Cheers/Peter

c5ynk

CCCUK Member
Hi there Peter you are right to be looking for genuine uk cars how about the black one that Ian Allan has it will come with warranty and all the recalls done airbag ,creaking roof gear linkages as they are main dealers. They have had it some time so you may get a deal good luck Mick !!!

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Hi Mick, Thanks for the info, knew about the airbag recall, but not the "creaking roof gear linkages." Is that on the convertible? IA is just down the road from me/get my Saab daily driver serviced there. Did phone Craig about the black one (19k miles) a few weeks back when it was £44k. Said he'd knock £2k off it, which he has now done/still unsold. But, I am looking for a lower mileage car. Like the £44k 2015/8k miles yellow one advertised (private seller) on Ebay in April. Tried to phone the seller soon as it came on/no response. Advert withdrawn the same day ("error in listing" (yeah right!). Then advertised by both Adrian Dromey and American Dreams for £46,950.

My only reservation on 2014/5 UK cars, apart from the prices dealers are asking (around 70% of original list price) is they are all manuals, as you know. My C4 & C6 were autos. Still debating with myself whether I would regret buying a manual car? Not because I am lazy, just that with a such a powerful car on narrow/potholed UK roads, always good to have both hands on the wheel? ;) Cheers/Peter

Last edited:

c5ynk

CCCUK Member
The creaking roof was just anoying it was just a matter of changing the locating studs on the clip in roof different material and it worked . As for manual i would not have the early autos left over from c6 i now have a new c7 8 speed auto would either push the boat out and get a newer 2016 8 speed or just get a 2014/15 manual. Would go and test drive the black manual and they have a white 8 speed demo that you can try ,help make your mind up M8 good luck hunting your c7 down oh would try the nationals mine was up 4 sale at last years didnot hang around for long Mick !!

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
OK/Thanks again Mick. Think I might have spoken to you last year at the Nats on the Sunday, if yours was the red ex-Aston Martin one for sale? Cheers/Peter

c5ynk

CCCUK Member
Yes that was the one lovely car have a friend that is thinking he may sell his white c7 its only done 6000 miles very nice 2014 manual just had it serviced at Ian Allans think he wants £49000 Mick !!

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Right, now I know who to blame for the all the hassle of the last couple of weeks, trying to find a mint/low miles UK car. ;) I was the guy asking you to rev it up in Track mode as you went off, thinking must have one of those!! :) Had white cars before, but white not my favourite colour for C7. A paid for/mileage adjusted Parkers guide price for a 5k miles 2014 UK car is saying £44-47k Private sale, depending on options fitted (£48-50k Franchised Dealer). Its saying £45k for the black/19k miles one at IA. Cheers/Peter

c5ynk

CCCUK Member
Oh sorry 4 getting you hooked M8 .Not many genuine ones about so they do fetch good money had mine 2 and half years put 13000 miles on it and got my money back but did have good history. Like i say i would go 2 IA and test drive manual and auto then you can compare and at least know what you really want as you know what the older auto box is like happy hunting and hope 2 c you at Nationals Mick !!!

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Thanks Mick. Yes, would certainly "push the boat out" for an early (2016 on) UK/mainland Europe spec auto. But, as an avid used Vette ad watcher (make that daily), I have never seen a used 2016-17 UK/Euro spec auto car for sale in the UK, including Ian Allan. American Dreams had an ex IA 2018/'67 plate/2k miles/silver/auto/Red Edition for sale in March for £59k (£14k off list). Sold within 2 weeks. I am off to Ian Allan tomorrow. Will look out for you at the Nats, if I make it on the Sunday. What colour/reg plate year is your current one? Your red/adrenaline interior car looked fantastic at the Nats last year. Cheers/Peter

Last edited:

c5ynk

CCCUK Member
Very true not easy at all i ended up buying a new one the blue one that IA had pre reg and got a really good deal sometimes you can ask Kevin you never know !!!

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Yes, saw it in IA's showroom. Looked fantastic and so "subtle" in the Admiral Blue/silver wheels/black calipers?. Only Admiral Blue (non Grand Sport) UK car?

Last edited:

c5ynk

CCCUK Member
oh wow didnot know it was that rare a car saying that i have only seen GS in that colour just love it have got both roofs aswell happy days !!

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
And, I have only seen two UK cars with the silver wheels/black calipers (my favourite). Yours, and this CCCUK member owned '64 plate Bauer Millett supplied silver one (my favourite colour).
005.JPG

c5ynk

CCCUK Member
All personal taste i suppose the silver wheels r growing on me always look for paint defects under the coating it was a problem with the early wheels thats why mine ended up redone under warranty again Mick !!!

Stingray

CCCUK Member
would certainly "push the boat out" for an early (2016 on) UK/mainland Europe spec auto.

As you may already know, 8-speed auto was not made available in UK/Europe for quite some time after it was released in USA. Early C7s have a 6-speed auto carried over from C6. (In the same way early C6s had a 4-speed auto carried over from C5)

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Steve? Well, my Stingray has not landed (yet), but I am working on it. Must admit, I thought the available from 2016 autos on UK/Euro cars (2014/5 all manuals) are 8 speed? 6 speed autos only on early US spec cars? Cheers/Peter