New Respray and Minor Repairs to Hairline Cracks - Paint Shop Hertfordshire/Beds/Bucks Area (or reasonable distance)

Paul Benton

CCCUK Member
Can any one put me onto a good paint and repair shop for my C3 Corvette used to working with fibre glass that can deal with some very minor damage and can deal with hairline movement cracks in the bonnet area, i.e. carbon fibre layers on the fibre glass to prevent re-occurrence.

Paul

Firepit

Well-known user
If you are looking for an outstanding job then consider Mechspray in Kent. You’re welcome to look at my C5 anytime. It’s currently at Top Cats Racing getting some tlc 22B486A6-5827-4720-9BF8-91F2DA2A3A78.jpeg

c6_pete

Regular user
Hi Paul

Can recommend Custom Exotics - recently had a bit of work done and the guys were reasonable and knowledgeable.

Cheers

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Can any one put me onto a good paint and repair shop for my C3 Corvette used to working with fibre glass that can deal with some very minor damage and can deal with hairline movement cracks in the bonnet area, i.e. carbon fibre layers on the fibre glass to prevent re-occurrence.

Paul

Try Cosmetic Autocare , Letts Road , Northampton . 01604 877231 . They did a great job on my 1980 C3 and are used to fibre glass repairs . They dealt with minor stress cracks and also straightened out the ripples on the deformable nose that had been poorly fitted by previous owners . They built it up in carbon fibre layers and filled in the shut lines to give a smart `sharper ` look to the front end . Speak to Greg or Gary and say Mike with purple Corvette recommended them . They have also done resprays for Mike Brewer of Wheeler Dealers fame . Only down side is they take on a lot work so you might have to chase them a bit . Worth the wait though as they do a good job and don`t charge like a wounded rhino !