The "OOPS" Of The Day

N

Norm

Now that is an accident. The rest are collisions, crashes, wrecks where there is usually someone at fault.:eek:

tree.jpg

N

Norm

This is an often occurence riding the "Tail Of The Dragon" on US129 at the NC/TN line.

d5.jpgd4.jpgd3.jpgd2.jpg

B

Blackadder

Hi Everyone, Sticking my head above the parapit I know, but, whilst these demised Corvettes are tragic in many, many ways. I have a large circle of Vette friends and acquaintances in my group of the CCCUK and NCRS here in the UK. I do not know of any of them that have totalled their Corvette in this fashion or anything approaching the level of damage shown here. Yes, truly tragic for the drivers and owners and for the Corvette too of course. There may have been extenuating circumstances that brought these events about. But I do feel it should be born in mind that several of our sponsors and advertisers are Classic and Sports car Insurers and they contribute to our magazine, shows, website and the club in general. It is just that viewing this thread of wreckage from around the globe, one would be tempted to view our Corvettes as a liability , which they most definitely are not. In fact all the Corvette owners I know and have met here in the UK and in Europe, cherish, look after and drive their cars in the most exemplary fashion.
Just saying .

N

Norm

Hi Everyone, Sticking my head above the parapit I know, but, whilst these demised Corvettes are tragic in many, many ways. I have a large circle of Vette friends and acquaintances in my group of the CCCUK and NCRS here in the UK. I do not know of any of them that have totalled their Corvette in this fashion or anything approaching the level of damage shown here. Yes, truly tragic for the drivers and owners and for the Corvette too of course. There may have been extenuating circumstances that brought these events about. But I do feel it should be born in mind that several of our sponsors and advertisers are Classic and Sports car Insurers and they contribute to our magazine, shows, website and the club in general. It is just that viewing this thread of wreckage from around the globe, one would be tempted to view our Corvettes as a liability , which they most definitely are not. In fact all the Corvette owners I know and have met here in the UK and in Europe, cherish, look after and drive their cars in the most exemplary fashion.
Just saying .

Well, Mr. Blackadder, I certainly have been schooled here, no doubt. I'm to assume this is directed towards me? Gee, maybe a personal note to me would have been appropriate. So my posts of Corvette wrecks violates some sort of tenet, rules or regulations here on this forum?

My whole purpose of posting the pics, albeit readily available through the many avenues of public access on line for anyone to see, is for safety, awareness, and being cognizant of your surroundings, kind of like a modified version of a PSA. Kind of doing my part of promoting situational awareness.

Grant you, most likely hardly anyone in your grouping has experienced a catastrophe with their Corvette, that's good, let's keep that up.

I apologize if those postings have rankled a feather or two, and maybe have caused some concern to sensitive folks, that is not my intention. To the insurance companies, sponsors, and advertisers, I apologize to them as well.

Still will keep on posting though, I'll see if I can tone it down a bit.

Thanks,

Norm

N

Norm

Not a total write off, but you never know until you get the insurance adjuster's report.

yellow.jpg

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
Just saying .
We've got to remember that there are countless RTC's happening all over, every day, involving "run of the mill" motors. But when an unusual/expensive/rare car is involved in one, plenty of people photograph same and post them for various reasons. Nobody is immune to a "moment of madness" and these often don't end in an "Oops or Oh Bugger" situation. Certainly agree that the majority of people with classics, customs, sports, rare cars are far better behaved and respectful of their price and joy, but as stated already, there are exceptions and agree a photo or even a video clip, do not always tell the whole story. But it does and can show/remind everyone how fragile what we drive can be and even more importantly, a reminder that we humans are the most fragile part in a motor car.

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
Now that is an accident. The rest are collisions, crashes, wrecks where there is usually someone at fault.:eek:

View attachment 2513
Ah, maybe not. Yellow Vette Hot Dog driver from previous video, was back on the road, didn't learn and swerved off to the left again, but this time his sharp nosed Vette assisted in improving his lumberjack skills !😂

N

Norm

Just a FYI:

old crash.jpg

Maybe there’s a good reason why some folks don’t drive their convertibles in the winter.
Check out this video that apparently shows a black C7 Corvette convertible driving erratically on a western Canadian highway on Wednesday afternoon, moments before it bounced off a utility pole and ran down into a slight ravine and into a creek.

The elderly driver of the Corvette was trapped inside the car and had to be extracted by emergency workers, who apparently had to remove the driver’s door in the process. The extent of his injuries is unknown at this time, but video from the scene by Castanet, a Canadian news website, shows the Corvette didn’t fare very well, with damaged body panels from front to rear on at least the driver’s side of the car.
The crash happened on Highway 97 and Hudson in Kelowna just before noon.

Reporter Madison Earhardt said the Corvette was rolling on summer tires, but it’s unknown if that contributed to the crash. While snow remained along the roadside, the streets were clear and traffic was seen moving rapidly past the crash. A man at the scene who says he heard about the crash on a scanner speculated that the driver may have had a medical emergency, which would explain the erratic driving just before the car left the road.

[ACCIDENT] Elderly Driver Crashes C7 Corvette on a Snowy Road in Canada - Corvette: Sales, News & Lifestyle

AbdiKent

New user
very tough accidents, not one Chevrolet could stay safe after that, I hope their insurance will cover everything
I can advise them the insurance and towing service from car recovery dublin, I hope people stayed alive after such accidents.