This topic may not be so 'off-topic' after all

N

Norm

I don't know if that would fly here, someone would find a way too manipulate/bypass the computer and other software. Besides, I know there would be a lot of *issed off folks.

Roscobbc

And people wonder why so many UK citizens voted to get out of the EU! - take it from me that is only the 'tip of the iceberg' from the 'big brother' unelected euro-bureaucratic MEP's that keep churning out ever more crazy laws and rules.
Even here in UK our London Mayor from April this year is effectively prohibiting the use of pre-2006 diesel vehicles and pre-2006 petrol vehicles in, initially central London, and then in 2021 outer London unless you pay a £12 per day 24/7 congestion charge,

kentvette

CCCUK Member
And people wonder why so many UK citizens voted to get out of the EU! - take it from me that is only the 'tip of the iceberg' from the 'big brother' unelected euro-bureaucratic MEP's that keep churning out ever more crazy laws and rules.
Even here in UK our London Mayor from April this year is effectively prohibiting the use of pre-2006 diesel vehicles and pre-2006 petrol vehicles in, initially central London, and then in 2021 outer London unless you pay a £12 per day 24/7 congestion charge,

They voted because they are ignorant and don't understand at all how Europe works and how the UK decided to implement EU recommendations! Don't get me started - I'm saying no more on that, because I know I am right!!

As for the alarmist stuff about speeding, well, we'll see won't we - funny how people actually though 1984 would come true by then.

But, does anyone wonder why the UK not the EU!) is spending so much time and money on exploring "driverless cars"?

Roscobbc

Possibly because (and though ironically not a dominant car manufacturing force) we have world leading technology and research facilities) - however there will be significant hurdles to overcome I expect (re. driverless cars) from legislative bodies and insurers.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Possibly because (and though ironically not a dominant car manufacturing force) we have world leading technology and research facilities) - however there will be significant hurdles to overcome I expect (re. driverless cars) from legislative bodies and insurers.
It's actually the legislators and insurers doing the "exploring".... :(

N

Norm

In certain segments of society and government.....................

benjamins.jpg