What did you do with your Vette today?

UKBeancounter

Committee Member
Sadly not, it won't reach Southampton until the 17th of June (I'm going to be in France from the end of May so wouldn't be able to collect it before then anyway)

It will be at the Nationals (hopefully)
Nigel,
I think our new car may be on the same ship as yours (loaded at Baltimore but then went to Charleston). Assuming so would you be disappointed if your car has changed colour and been downgraded to a Grand Sport when you go to collect it o_O
Jason

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Yesterday, picked up my new (make that used) 2017 ('67 plate)/2k miles/3LT/Auto from Ian Allan. Ex IA demo, plus one previous owner (him below) , Luvvin that red stitched leather. :cool:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DV1.jpg
    DV1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Carl

CCCUK Member
That’s a beauty. Get the dam thing up to Scunthorpe on Sunday and put some miles and smiles on the thing. That’s what it deserves and that’s what it’s for 😁

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Looks nice !
I have owned 3 Corvettes that were black and when kept clean they look mean and fast

Have to tried the different modes for A8, engine, exhaust and shocks ?
Is this your first Corvette with paddle shifters ?
Try launch control for instant smiling :)

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Thanks Carl & ZR. Yes Carl, Had crossed my mind, but then remembered that my last time on the M1 Southbound late Sunday afternoon/early evening, was after the Nationals last year. 1/2 the UK population had decided that sitting in an endless traffic jam on M1 Southbound was the way to spend the day. I gave up at Newport Pagnell services and had a "picnic" for over 2 hours, hoping it would improve. Set off again and it didn't, so stopped again for another hour or so till it got better. Also got IA to fit a set of GM Accessory "Splash Guards" on the car, like you have on your C6, and the square "Aero" front number plate mounting kit that fits in the grille, rather than the "sticky out oblong job" IA use. Looks much better (all the Bauer Millett C7s had those).

Yes ZR, have been trying the different driving modes, but not launch control yet (weather not been good here last two days). Had the shifters on the C6, but didn't use them much TBH. Am really enjoying your "tips" and advice on here, especially now on the C7. Keep 'em coming! (y) Cheers/Peter

Last edited:

UKBeancounter

Committee Member
Chevrolet, The c7 looks fantastic. Need some more photo's. Like Teamzr1 says you can't beat a clean black Corvette.
Hope you enjoy, but not in this weather. Paid a visit to Lincolnshire Corvette's today and was going to take the C4, until I stepped out of the front door.
This global warming is murder.
Jason

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Due to the damn DOD ( 4/8 cylinder mode) you might think of running some de-carb to clean up the carbon
buildup on the 4 cylinders that are turned on/off
Most of my customers ask when I am tuning the PCM is turning DOD off altogether as who wants 4 cyl for a Corvette

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Thanks ZR, now remember you mentioning that. My home is 7 miles from the Ian Allan garage, via congested/multiple traffic light roads, including the pedestrian full town of Weybridge. Must admit, I drove it home in Eco Mode (turned the volume up later in the day!). Couldn't believe how quiet the car was in Eco. Like a mouse with a bag of "Cheeselets." Car is 18 months old/little used/2k miles. Do I need the de-carb?

Last edited:

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Chevrolet, The c7 looks fantastic. Need some more photo's. Like Teamzr1 says you can't beat a clean black Corvette.
Hope you enjoy, but not in this weather. Paid a visit to Lincolnshire Corvette's today and was going to take the C4, until I stepped out of the front door.
This global warming is murder.
Jason
Thanks Jason, Bet you are looking forward to getting your GS in from the States? I HPI'd mine on-line Thursday morning before collecting from IA. It told me the car is a GS. Phoned Craig at IA Sales, and he "assured me it is not a GS" (like I didn't know that!). Got down there, and he has a handful of V5s, where according to him, DVLA has produced with the wrong model on them. Cheers/Peter

UKBeancounter

Committee Member
Thanks Jason, Bet you are looking forward to getting your GS in from the States? I HPI'd mine on-line Thursday morning before collecting from IA. It told me the car is a GS. Phoned Craig at IA Sales, and he "assured me it is not a GS" (like I didn't know that!). Got down there, and he has a handful of V5s, where according to him, DVLA has produced with the wrong model on them. Cheers/Peter
Ooh, if that's the case I might register the GS as a "Volt" so I can use the ULEV lanes in Nottingham, and get out of paying the congestion charge.
Car arrives at Southampton either tomorrow or Monday, I can then see it in the flesh at last.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Thanks ZR, now remember you mentioning that. My home is 7 miles from the Ian Allan garage, via congested/multiple traffic light roads, including the pedestrian full town of Weybridge. Must admit, I drove it home in Eco Mode (turned the volume up later in the day!). Couldn't believe how quiet the car was in Eco. Like a mouse with a bag of "Cheeselets." Car is 18 months old/little used/2k miles. Do I need the de-carb?

Your Welcome
Not knowing how the last owner drove it and what type of gas was used just might be well to go ahead and drop a de-carb product like Seafoam or other type in oil and fuel tank

Here is USA gas has up to 15% Ethanol, which is crap, causes engine to have a leaner AFR, with 4 cylinders dropping off for DOD
causes those to run hotter and makes carbon harder.
Since your engine has direct fuel injection no fuel gets sprayed onto valves so the 4 DOD cylinders can get carbon buildup sooner

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
ZR, If you turn off the DOD/4 cylinder operation, how much louder is the car in Eco Mode on start-up and running? Thanks, Peter

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
If DOD is shut off via a PCM tune then engine would from startup be in full 8 cylinder mode so exhaust would be fuller
As you may know for base C7 and with the A8 tranny there is 2 electric exhaust dampers before the Cats and then 2 more by mufflers
that can be controlled when you go to the exhaust management and change it's mode.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Watch this video might help
C7 Modes

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
This is what I do with my 1999 highly modified C5, every day if I can, this is aah, cleaning out exhaust tests :)
We hate waxing but love bouncing rev limiter ! :D

" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Great Stuff ZR! The "mufflers" on a C7 are made, I believe, by Tenneco, makers of Walker mufflers and Monroe shock absorbers amongst others. I worked for them for 5 years in the '80s. Good to see they have not been "wasting their time" since then? ;)

Carl

CCCUK Member
I did this today

Attachments

• 9154E88F-BE8A-4415-B6A4-869BAD982720.jpeg
    9154E88F-BE8A-4415-B6A4-869BAD982720.jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 2753C77C-4CD4-4429-827C-52BC4D6506DA.jpeg
    2753C77C-4CD4-4429-827C-52BC4D6506DA.jpeg
    369.9 KB · Views: 13
  • A512E20A-0D68-4D1D-A660-4084E3A44E78.jpeg
    A512E20A-0D68-4D1D-A660-4084E3A44E78.jpeg
    330.1 KB · Views: 13

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Nice varied gathering there Carl, including two Mk1 Lotus Cortinas? Successfully raced by Jim Clark, if I remember correctly? One of my "dream cars" as a kid, with what at the time were those extremely wide 5 1/2J inch. wheels. (y) Trust the Americans to go and spoil it all? Ha Ha! ;)

Last edited: