Who is THAT driving a Corvette?

67HEAVEN

Well-known user
On the Yenko 63 what are the two gold Pods / Vents one on the top of each back wing - for brake cooling ? they are already behind the brakes ??

Indeed they are for brake cooling. Keep in mind that until 1965, Corvettes were drum brake vehicles, very prone to overheating on the track. I've highlighted the ribbed hoses that pull the air from the pods to the brakes in this photo. The seven holes across the taillight panel are to relieve as much underside air pressure as possible.
1963ChevroletCorvette-Yenko-#6-brake-cooling.jpg

Jack Cooper

Well-known user
One of the greatest - Jeff Beck.
Jeff Beck - pretty neat guitar picker, eh? (Shades of Cliff Gallup).
At one time he owned an early C4; it was the 1984 Earls Court Motor Show car, I think, and had one or two 'Euro' features such as an elongated
recess for the rear licence plate. Anyway, J B (for reasons best known to himself) neglected it for many years, outside under a tree (or in a shed
that wasn't weather-proof) until Tom Falconer rescued it a few years ago. He restored/recommissioned it in 2016 (?) and sold it; we in the NCRS UK Chapter gave it the once-over prior to the sale by way of a judging school, not a full 'Flight' judging. I presume it's still somewhere in the UK.

Back to guitarists: Jeff Beck was a bit of a petrol-head and built hot-rods, just like Danny Gatton, although he fortunately didn't follow Danny Gatton's
example with a firearm. Sad loss.
J.C. (1911)

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Indeed they are for brake cooling. Keep in mind that until 1965, Corvettes were drum brake vehicles, very prone to overheating on the track. I've highlighted the ribbed hoses that pull the air from the pods to the brakes in this photo. The seven holes across the taillight panel are to relieve as much underside air pressure as possible.
View attachment 2160
Cheers

kentvette

CCCUK Member
At one time he owned an early C4; it was the 1984 Earls Court Motor Show car, I think, and had one or two 'Euro' features such as an elongated
recess for the rear licence plate. Anyway, J B (for reasons best known to himself) neglected it for many years, outside under a tree (or in a shed
that wasn't weather-proof) until Tom Falconer rescued it a few years ago. He restored/recommissioned it in 2016 (?) and sold it; we in the NCRS UK Chapter gave it the once-over prior to the sale by way of a judging school, not a full 'Flight' judging. I presume it's still somewhere in the UK.

Back to guitarists: Jeff Beck was a bit of a petrol-head and built hot-rods, just like Danny Gatton, although he fortunately didn't follow Danny Gatton's
J.C. (1911)

Back in the days when I worked in "law enforcement" in Bermondsey, Jeff Beck recorded at a little studio there, in Bermondsey Street. One night duty we saw a hot rod parked outside and were admiring it when the owner, said JB came out. He had a little chat about it and then, with our permission, gave it the beans up through the tunnel - fab! (Full story in an edition of Classic & Sports Car a few years ago!)

Daytona Vette

Well-known user

J.C. (1911)

Many moons ago I rode shotgun in the very car