CCCUK logo

Heritage Insurance

Website Control

Recent threads

New Forum Posts

» "UK spec" C7 Headlights by Rich on Tue 24 Oct 17 08:32

» Corvette C8 Spotted at McDonalds Drivethrough by chevrolet on Mon 23 Oct 17 23:38

» Dart Corvette Tonbridge by roscobbc on Mon 23 Oct 17 17:17

» Fuel Pressure/engine stavation issues by roscobbc on Mon 23 Oct 17 17:16

» Most expensive petrol by stevel98 on Mon 23 Oct 17 12:57

» Front indicator bulbs. by Young Bill on Sun 22 Oct 17 19:24

» Problem solved by roscobbc on Sun 22 Oct 17 19:04

» Gift ideas...CCCUK Merchandise by VetteWeekend on Sun 22 Oct 17 11:38

» Surrey Region Monthly Meet by rubyragtop on Sat 21 Oct 17 20:16

» Steering Wheel 14" by youkaygreen on Sat 21 Oct 17 15:32

» C5 economy by roscobbc on Fri 20 Oct 17 19:14

» North London and Herts Meet Thursday 26th October by JJVETTE on Fri 20 Oct 17 18:59

» C5 by Le Vette on Fri 20 Oct 17 14:26

» Wanted two '71 headlamp retaining rings by aaroncorvette on Fri 20 Oct 17 14:20

» Alternative Seatbelts by aaroncorvette on Fri 20 Oct 17 14:19

» Next BBCN Region get together 21st October by Nicetie on Fri 20 Oct 17 13:53

» C6 Refuelling (Filling up at petrol station) by chevrolet on Fri 20 Oct 17 13:24

» What did you do with your Vette today? by dex99 on Thu 19 Oct 17 16:23

» Custom Jake LS1 Fender badges .. Metal by dex99 on Thu 19 Oct 17 16:03

» iva test by chevrolet on Thu 19 Oct 17 15:56

» For Sale C5 upgrade headlight units..Bi Xenon HID 6000k SOLD!! by dex99 on Thu 19 Oct 17 15:00

» Influx Magazine - Static Speed by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX on Thu 19 Oct 17 11:30

» Next Engine Mod by BlackZeD on Wed 18 Oct 17 18:09

» 1976 C3 5.7L Auto For Sale by born2bmild on Wed 18 Oct 17 17:38

» For Sale C5 OEM Steering Wheel Airbag by dex99 on Wed 18 Oct 17 17:25

» For Sale Custom LS6 intake by dex99 on Wed 18 Oct 17 16:30

» 1969 - 1972 C3 Wanted by Nick B on Tue 17 Oct 17 12:41

» Stalling by roscobbc on Mon 16 Oct 17 18:03

» C2 Spotted by chevrolet on Mon 16 Oct 17 15:39

» C4 Zr1 by theseoldcars on Mon 16 Oct 17 14:23

What did you do with your Vette today?

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171 ... 181, 182, 183 / Next

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyView next topic

Author

FIVE RED

Club Member

Sun 06 Aug 17 13:29

Re: What did you do with your Vette today?

Took the wife shopping Cool

--------------------
Graham.
C5 owner & very happy about it!

Le Vette

Club Member

Sun 06 Aug 17 15:40

Replaced leaking aircon condenser radiator with shiny new one courtesy of Keef at Eurovettes. It was a bit of a pain because on two occasions I dropped bits down the front and they're fiddly to get back! Also the standard air filter box is a pain to get mounted because it flexes and is fairly inaccessible (mental note, maybe I'll replace it with a pair of those k&n type filters on a split intake at some point). Banghead

I took the opportunity to install a grill over the big gap under the front where rocks obviously kick up and damage said condenser. No more! Just got to arrange to get it re-pumped up now. Toetap

Cup of tea now beckons.... Thumbs up

--------------------
Pete S.

May the Force be Quite a Long Way Behind You

Vetteheadtony

Club Member

Sun 06 Aug 17 19:22

Done a little bit of under hood detailing on the 1976 survivor Corvette ready for any perspective new buyers Thumbs up

Last edited by Vetteheadtony on Sun 06 Aug 17 19:26; edited 3 times in total. [0 %]
--------------------
Vetteheadtony
2004 Z06 lemans edition pro charged
613 BHP
Black C6 ZR1 wheels
FECKING FAST!!!

Mick Howes

Club Member

Mon 07 Aug 17 08:29

Sunday, trip to Cardiff to visit friends and show them our new baby, by which I of course mean the new C4 Laughing in the six days since buying the car, we have covered some 650 miles, more than the last owner covered in the previous year...love this car Cloud9

--------------------
C4- ok now officially a convert!
www.mickhowes.freewebspace.com

CaptainK

Club Member

Mon 07 Aug 17 12:08

Took my C3 to a steam fayre and vintage vehicle show over the weekend, and did the whole parade arena driving thing as well. Always fun and also get lots of people interested in the Vette.

kentvette

Club Member

Mon 07 Aug 17 13:07

We did another "Traversee" event on Sunday, this time in and around Le Mans. Some parts of the city that we knew nothing about, so very interesting and, some lovely countryside around of course. Couple of stops in villages for a drink, provided by the village, and a picnic in the city centre before a return to St Saturnin (known to Le Mans 24 hours goers) for a an "Au Revoir" glass... 115 miles in all, so a nice little run out for the old '78. Another brilliantly organised, relaxed and friendly event that unfortunately wouldn't work in the UK. Sad

--------------------
Stephen J Irons
CCCUK Lifetime Member
Corvette Club France
Corvettes of Southern California
NCM Family Member
Stephen & June's Web Site
Red Corvettes Have More Fun!

Apple IS Genisys!
The "Born-Again Greenies" are killing the planet! It's time to wake up and smell the rain-forest burning!

stevel98

Awww... join the CCCUK!

Mon 07 Aug 17 14:26

Did a bit of 'fine tuning' of the camber settings on the front of my '87 now that its all settled down. Basically it was just adding in a pair of 2mm spacers into the top wishbone mounts on the o/s. This now gives me about 1.5deg -ve on each front wheel from the stock +ve camber 1deg setting (why would they do that on what's supposed to be a sports car??) Scratchchin

Feels ok to drive but as I feel I can go harder into bends, its showing up the crap and drifty Cooper Cobras on the back for what they are, just big fat tyres to give the '87 a muscular stance! Very Happy All good fun though and they wear well.. Smile

Shifty

Awww... join the CCCUK!

Thu 17 Aug 17 00:50

Finished install of new spark plugs and leads today, for the first time (I suspect ever for this car). Oil and filter already done. New wheels and tyres inbound!

All 8 old sparks looked healthy, none lean nor rich. One or two of the threads were thinly oily though. Not enough for me to bother thinking about investigating gaskets, as the car doesn't seem to actually lose any oil, but something I'll keep in mind I suppose. Installed all new leads and did both ends with dielectric grease. Spark plug #7 is truly a bitch, but not half as bad as the yanks make it out to be.

Next jobs, clutch fluid, gearbox fluid, and differential fluid (if I have it).

What else does she deserve at 50k miles...?

--------------------
2004 Corvette C5 Coupe
2000 Aprilia Falco SL1000

Rich

Club Member

Thu 17 Aug 17 06:25

Shifty wrote (View Post):What else does she deserve at 50k miles...?

A current CCCUK windscreen sticker. Wink

--------------------
Rich Rogers
CCCUK Lifetime Member
2017 Yellow LT1 Camaro

stevel98

Awww... join the CCCUK!

Thu 17 Aug 17 09:04

Shifty wrote (View Post):Finished install of new spark plugs and leads today, for the first time (I suspect ever for this car). Oil and filter already done. New wheels and tyres inbound!

All 8 old sparks looked healthy, none lean nor rich. One or two of the threads were thinly oily though. Not enough for me to bother thinking about investigating gaskets, as the car doesn't seem to actually lose any oil, but something I'll keep in mind I suppose. Installed all new leads and did both ends with dielectric grease. Spark plug #7 is truly a bitch, but not half as bad as the yanks make it out to be.

Next jobs, clutch fluid, gearbox fluid, and differential fluid (if I have it).

What else does she deserve at 50k miles...?

Could well be that whoever installed the plugs put some lubricant on the threads, and that's what your seeing.

I have collected a load of socket extensions and adapters from various shows and fairs that have served me well over the years, ideal for modern car bits that are hard to access. Those palm ratchets are really handy things I find when you loosen something yet don't have a lot of room to swing a ratchet arm. My own ratchet has a double action where you can hold it still and twist the end of the arm itself to drive a socket via an internal multiplying gear arrangement..

How about changing coolant fluid, brake fluid and fuel filter if you haven't already?

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyPrivate MessengerView next topic

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171 ... 181, 182, 183 / Next

Permissions