CCCUK logo

Lancaster Insurance

Website Control

Recent threads

New Forum Posts

» War Bonnet Yellow Paint Supplier by dave-mansiongardens on Mon 11 Dec 17 19:57

» Ropey C3's .... Where to Paint? by ERIKTHEVETKING on Mon 11 Dec 17 18:38

» Header recommendations (side mount) by Daytona Vette on Mon 11 Dec 17 17:24

» Club Magazine by roscobbc on Mon 11 Dec 17 16:59

» 1974 corvette c3 auto for sale by CaptainK on Mon 11 Dec 17 15:38

» Insurance recommenations by Invetterate on Mon 11 Dec 17 10:44

» Corvette-Fame 13-14-15 July 2018 - Valkenburg a/d Geul Netherlands by JonnyC4 on Sun 10 Dec 17 18:48

» Problem using Website by JonnyC4 on Sun 10 Dec 17 18:44

» 1976 C3 5.7L Auto For Sale by born2bmild on Sun 10 Dec 17 10:52

» Cheeeeap ZR1 by Nogbad on Sat 09 Dec 17 17:05

» Cruising in the US by Alan305 on Sat 09 Dec 17 13:10

» Silverstone Classic - 20/21/22 July 2018 by curious bystander on Fri 08 Dec 17 19:41

» !FOR SALE 1976 Corvette SURVIVOR 42k one owner. by Vetteheadtony on Fri 08 Dec 17 17:53

» For Sale C5 OEM Steering Wheel Airbag SOLD! by dex99 on Thu 07 Dec 17 15:02

» C+SC Show with Flywheel - Bicester Heritage Centre by curious bystander on Thu 07 Dec 17 14:43

» Drag Race your Corvette by roppa440 on Thu 07 Dec 17 08:50

» AMERICAN SPEEDFEST on 9th /10th JUNE 2018 by 7YEL on Wed 06 Dec 17 13:20

» SBC engine by roppa440 on Wed 06 Dec 17 10:48

» Alternators and Starters by CaptainK on Tue 05 Dec 17 14:16

» C5 thrown a 'serpentine' belt by roppa440 on Tue 05 Dec 17 09:38

» Proposed BBCN Region Christmas meet 2nd December by autocolor on Mon 04 Dec 17 19:14

» Bolton to Haywards Heath by stevel98 on Mon 04 Dec 17 09:31

» dashboard removal? by frogeyeman on Sun 03 Dec 17 23:06

» C1 Borg Warner 4-speed by monzax on Sun 03 Dec 17 19:55

» Caliper rebuild kits by L88 on Sat 02 Dec 17 16:52

» Corvette C5 clutch noise. by Kellner08021995 on Fri 01 Dec 17 08:40

» Meet cancelled today 30th November 2017 by AndyC on Thu 30 Nov 17 16:05

» Greasy nipples! by kentvette on Thu 30 Nov 17 09:40

» 89 Rough Running by Bowler on Thu 30 Nov 17 07:04

» Power and Torque figures from rolling road test by roppa440 on Wed 29 Nov 17 11:34

Off topic but... anyone hiring?

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyView next topic

Author

corvetteBlack

New Comer

Thu 20 Jul 17 10:29

Off topic but... anyone hiring?

Hi all,

I'm returning to the UK in a months time (after working for 1 year in Silicon Valley California). I finished uni in 2012 and have 5 years work experience in software engineering. If any of you are a manager and are looking for an employee please let me know.

Smile

Last edited by corvetteBlack on Thu 20 Jul 17 10:31; edited 2 times in total. [1 %]

stevel98

Awww... join the CCCUK!

Thu 20 Jul 17 14:13

Re: Off topic but... anyone hiring?

The NHS here is seriously needing competent IT and s/ware engineers as are a lot of the systems and equipment vendors as networking and connectivity is only just really getting started in healthcare.

Register with this site for news of what's happening in the UK. NPAG was created to allow private facilitators to infiltrate the NHS's systems and make it all happen.

A good working knowledge of wifi, networking and IT security will take you far these days.

http://www.npag.org.uk/

The National Performance Advisory Group is launching a new group The IT & Connectivity Network.

IT systems are reaching out into every area of society and new mobile technology bringing IT into every aspect of our lives. Government and social pressure are causing a rush into data sharing and connectivity without building the robust infrastructure, security, governance and supplier interfaces to ensure safe reliable provision.

Following a successful Inaugural Meeting in May, NPAG have recognised the clear demand for a cohesive IT -focused group, which straddles Health and Social Care organisations. This network will bring together NHS & Com-munity IT professionals, Clinical Engineers, and Suppliers to understand and overcome some of the intra-operability, security and connection issues. It will allow shared learning and training across organisations, pulling together a disparate community and gaining valuable insights from suppliers and experts.

corvetteBlack

New Comer

Mon 07 Aug 17 08:54

Thanks a lot Steve, I'll look into that, already applied for a few NHS IT jobs but my applications where declined Sad. I've got two face to face interviews lined up when I return. Hopefully it will be easier getting a job when I'm physically there.

--------------------
Hi, I'm a British citizen, though not born in England, who is now living in San Jose, California. I own a 1989 6 SP Manual C4 Corvette. I might return to live in England one day so I am a member of this UK Corvette Club.

I'm also a member of Corvette Forum US.
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/members/533515-corvetteb...

stevel98

Awww... join the CCCUK!

Mon 07 Aug 17 12:08

Good luck.. Smile

What your up against in the NHS, is the fact that although the rules state that jobs have to be advertised externally as well as internally, they are often earmarked for internal applicants.

In other words, the interviewers are only going through the motions as they know beforehand who is going to get the job! So don't sweat it, as if you don't get a post, its really nothing to do with anything lacking in your skills and experience.

This is a company I'm have been using for a few years now, totally excellent in terms of product and service. Head and shoulders about the rest. Where we used to use Hewlett-Packard and latterly Philips (the current owner of HP medical div.) we now use Mindray and it seems that everyone else is moving to them as well.

I've just kitted out a new A&E, 60 bed ward area, a complete hospital on Arran and replaced every monitor in Theatre/ITU etc with their products and its all working faultlessly. All networked off our own wifi where before it was Philips own proprietary networking systems (). Our nurses carry Samsung phones to alert them of patient issues linked to any monitoring system.

All this is putting a strain on out IT dept, who are struggling skillwise to cope with the latest in security etc especially as the latest thing is barcoding everything so you can tell at a swipe, the who, what, why and where of any device. A lot of our IT guys are retrained and fast tracked brickies and chippys who are good, but their lack of formal training is becoming obvious.

http://mindray.com/en/homepage/index.html

Regards,
Steve

z06_tim

Club Member

Mon 07 Aug 17 17:16

We have a few vacancies in IT at Aston Martin:

https://www.astonmartin.com/en/careers/current-opportunities...

--------------------
2001 Z06, 1994 LT1 (sold)
Alfa 147 GTA daily driver.

CaptainK

Club Member

Thu 10 Aug 17 14:35

stevel98 wrote (View Post):What your up against in the NHS, is the fact that although the rules state that jobs have to be advertised externally as well as internally, they are often earmarked for internal applicants.

In other words, the interviewers are only going through the motions as they know beforehand who is going to get the job! So don't sweat it, as if you don't get a post, its really nothing to do with anything lacking in your skills and experience.

You are not wrong there, even to the point where they earmark it for a very specific internal candidate and even other internal candidates can't get it, despite being the better candidate. Sometimes they invent better graded jobs just to get a specific person "promoted", as the NHS doesn't have a proper "promotion" career progression path.

stevel98

Awww... join the CCCUK!

Thu 10 Aug 17 16:27

Amen.. Rolling Eyes

I've interviewed people from other departments for posts here and we know beforehand who is going to get the post. Once I was told that someone was to get the post and I questioned it as they weren't my own choice, but I was told "..ah yes, Steve, your right of course, ..but its his turn in his own department to move on!"

Basically, if you are good at your job, you'll probably be kept doing it, but if you aren't or you don't really work in a team well, a post will be created to 'sideways' shift you as its easier and cheaper to do this than actually sack someone which normally never happens unless its really serious misconduct (use your imagination for I've seen it all!) or the like and the more status you have, the easier it is to survive this.

The support available here for this is enormous and can drag on for years for those who have problems. If one of my guys is off sick even for a day, I have to fill in a 5 page 'return to work' form, and they have to fill in their own forms all which is formally recorded and applied to the 'attendance pyramid' which escalates non attendance to higher levels of interview should you be off several times in your working year.

http://www.wavlist.com/movies/299/roboc-care.wav

CaptainK

Club Member

Wed 16 Aug 17 09:55

stevel98 wrote (View Post):Basically, if you are good at your job, you'll probably be kept doing it
^^ This is exactly why I haven't been promoted, but the monkeys in the jobs in the grade above me just sit around and have no idea.

The rest of what you said above is 100% accurate for here too. It really is shocking behaviour.

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyPrivate MessengerView next topic

Permissions