» Love This Sound by roscobbc on Thu 21 Jun 18 19:09

» Nationals Questions by Daytona Vette on Thu 21 Jun 18 16:54

» Lights by Sid.123 on Thu 21 Jun 18 15:55

» This! by 5 USA on Thu 21 Jun 18 11:41

» Cigarette lighter by Sid.123 on Thu 21 Jun 18 00:00

» Dead battery, power window closing. by Grahamred70 on Wed 20 Jun 18 21:38

» Taxation by Nigelcurry on Wed 20 Jun 18 17:43

» V55/5 advise by JJVETTE on Wed 20 Jun 18 14:56

» 1978 C3 Corvette Silver Anniversary L82 Automatic by Barry scard on Wed 20 Jun 18 14:55

» c5 repairs and servicing by Bowler on Wed 20 Jun 18 08:53

» Manchester Car Show - 15/16 September 2018 by davidlarkins on Tue 19 Jun 18 21:52

» C3 1975 Small Block SIde Pipes by JJVETTE on Tue 19 Jun 18 20:45

» What did you do with your Vette today? by MIT on Tue 19 Jun 18 20:36

» Developing Starter Issue by Sid.123 on Tue 19 Jun 18 13:34

» New uk owner by Sid.123 on Tue 19 Jun 18 11:21

» Headlamp bulbs by berg944 on Tue 19 Jun 18 09:08

» clicking sound non starting.. only when jump started by L88 on Tue 19 Jun 18 08:24

» STOP PRESS ADDITIONAL BREAKY MEET AAC UK Summer NATS by Dave R on Tue 19 Jun 18 07:36

» c5 alarm fob by Firepit on Mon 18 Jun 18 23:38

» 2018 LeMans by kentvette on Mon 18 Jun 18 17:33

» 8 For 12 by Norm on Mon 18 Jun 18 14:18

» Le Mans 2018 - The Aftermath - (Spoiler Alert!) by kentvette on Mon 18 Jun 18 12:26

» FOR SALE - 1966 Corvette Stingray C2 327/300hp 4 Speed Manual Gearbox by veeeight on Sun 17 Jun 18 17:59

» A Beautiful Day For A Car Show by C7KEN on Sun 17 Jun 18 00:13

» Rockcliffe Hall Supercar Show Sat 16th June by C7KEN on Sun 17 Jun 18 00:02

» Kimbolton Country Fayre 8th July by autocolor on Sat 16 Jun 18 20:25

» c5 finally by Invetterate on Sat 16 Jun 18 18:42

» Water pump leak. by MIT on Sat 16 Jun 18 12:03

looking for a c5

Go to page: 1, 2 / Next

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyView next topic

Author

vettemad paul

Club Member

Sun 25 Feb 18 08:52

looking for a c5

hi
im thinking of buying a c5 in the next couple months.
just putting the feelers out as they don't come up very often.
2000 onwards preferred.
must be auto
any leads or pics would be greatfully received.
cheers
paul

Invetterate

Club Member

Sun 25 Feb 18 12:43

Re: looking for a c5

Hi! Good choice!! Clap

There are quite a few on Autotrader & Pistonheads - presume you have seen these?

Tom Falconer has a 2001 convertible auto for sale at Claremont Corvette

http://claremont.corvette.co.uk/?p=5973

If you PM me with your email address, I can send you a copy of the Club C5 Buyer's Guide if you like

Good luck with your search Thumbs up

JJVETTE

Club Member

Sun 25 Feb 18 15:42

HI Mate,

Some may not agree with me telling you this but heyho....I regularly have nice Corvettes for sale ...and lately I seem to be getting a few C6's . so I am sure I will be able to find you a suitable C5 a the time ...

Thanks

Jeff

automotioncarsales.co.uk

Vetteheadtony

Club Member

Mon 26 Feb 18 10:29

As a C5 owner the same as Invetterate I think I can safely say they are a very reliable car and with there onboard diagnostics definitely not a car to be afraid of, in my opinion there are plenty of cars online to choose from ie eBay, piston heads, car&classics to name a few, there is all the help and advise you need right here on the CCCUK website/forum. Most cars available will probably be known to someone.
Remember going to dealers may suit you but your only using up your car budget to pay someone else’s mortgage!

Last edited by Vetteheadtony on Tue 27 Feb 18 01:03; edited 1 time in total. [0 %]
--------------------
Vetteheadtony
2004 Z06 lemans edition pro charged
613 BHP
Black C6 ZR1 wheels
FECKING FAST!!!

JJVETTE

Club Member

Mon 26 Feb 18 21:20

you almost sound bitter Mr Rudd than someone else pays my mortgage.

If it wasn't for us car dealers buying Corvettes & importing them etc it would be the same old cars going round and round....

Jeff

Proud to be a Reputable Car Dealer

JJVETTE

Club Member

Mon 26 Feb 18 21:23

Hi ,

I forgot to mention , that buying from a proper dealer Not a part timer gives you peace of mind , as all cars are Carfax (usa hpi) and hpi clear , finance options are available and ALL cars are covered y the sale of goods act so WE give 6 months warranty on all our cars .
Jeff
Automotion Car Sales

5 USA

Club Member

Mon 26 Feb 18 22:05

There's a huge amount to be said for buying privately from an owner who's got a car with proper history. These are fundamentally reliable cars in any event. And your saving compared with buying from a trader can be stuck in a teapot on the mantle-piece for any bills that arise.

IMO a warranty from a "trader" should be taken with a large pinch of salt. You'll have fallen asleep long before you get to end of the exclusions....

--------------------
The Stingray has landed!

roppa440

Club Member

Tue 27 Feb 18 09:35

A dealer warranty is only good if you live fairly close to the dealership. If you have had to travel a big distance you can't just drop the car off on your way to work.

A mate of mine in the North East bought a C4 from the most well known Corvette dealer in the country who originally started his business in the North East himself.

The power steering obviously had issues but he was assured it was fine. He could hardly steer it by the time he got back up here. Impossible to drive it 300 miles back.

JJVETTE

Club Member

Tue 27 Feb 18 12:55

Hi all,

Obviously there are some dealers that may not consider that customer service and dealer reputation are key to running a successful and reputable business...

But unfortunately you cant please all of the people all of the time but so long as you can please some of the people some of the time ....as a CCCUK member for about 6 years and also an NCRS member having a happy customer whether its a 76 C3 or a 2005 C5 it is very important to me that the cars are prepped properly and if there is an issue which sometimes this can be unavoidable you have to be prepared to just sort it out.
A couple of years ago I sold a lovely C3 (that I bought off a club member after I sold it to him a few years previously) it all seemed fine , Scott at Corvette Kingdom did lots of work on it , ie new exhaust , front and rear tracking etc etc , then we had it Mot,d and all was fine , But it was not until the new owner drove it back to Yorkshire and then called me with a news of a shake fro the steering wheel , after a local garage showed him that one of the front tyres had de laminated and it needed to be replaced , well you tell me how many full & part time used car dealers would warranty a tyre on a 40 year old car ...well I did , I asked Paul Allen of Lincs Corvettes to Collect the car from Yorkshire and take it back to his work shop to investigate the issue , Paul said that it needed 1 NEW tyre < I ordered 4 BRAND NEW BF Goodrich tyres from Northants tyres and sent them up to Paul to be fitted ...So the moral of the story is Yes you may buy a car thats warranty is dealer only or has too much small print but there are some dealers out ther e LIKE ME that will stand by their product and look after the customer ,... what would would one of the many "part time " Corvette dealers out there have done.
Thanks Jeff
Automotion Car sales
"Living The Dream"

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

Last edited by Bowler on Tue 27 Feb 18 13:57; edited 1 time in total. [4 %]

roppa440

Club Member

Tue 27 Feb 18 13:58

Thumbs up

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyPrivate MessengerView next topic

Go to page: 1, 2 / Next

Permissions