» Love This Sound by roscobbc on Thu 21 Jun 18 19:09

» Nationals Questions by Daytona Vette on Thu 21 Jun 18 16:54

» Lights by Sid.123 on Thu 21 Jun 18 15:55

» This! by 5 USA on Thu 21 Jun 18 11:41

» Cigarette lighter by Sid.123 on Thu 21 Jun 18 00:00

» Dead battery, power window closing. by Grahamred70 on Wed 20 Jun 18 21:38

» Taxation by Nigelcurry on Wed 20 Jun 18 17:43

» V55/5 advise by JJVETTE on Wed 20 Jun 18 14:56

» 1978 C3 Corvette Silver Anniversary L82 Automatic by Barry scard on Wed 20 Jun 18 14:55

» c5 repairs and servicing by Bowler on Wed 20 Jun 18 08:53

» Manchester Car Show - 15/16 September 2018 by davidlarkins on Tue 19 Jun 18 21:52

» C3 1975 Small Block SIde Pipes by JJVETTE on Tue 19 Jun 18 20:45

» What did you do with your Vette today? by MIT on Tue 19 Jun 18 20:36

» Developing Starter Issue by Sid.123 on Tue 19 Jun 18 13:34

» New uk owner by Sid.123 on Tue 19 Jun 18 11:21

» Headlamp bulbs by berg944 on Tue 19 Jun 18 09:08

» clicking sound non starting.. only when jump started by L88 on Tue 19 Jun 18 08:24

» STOP PRESS ADDITIONAL BREAKY MEET AAC UK Summer NATS by Dave R on Tue 19 Jun 18 07:36

» c5 alarm fob by Firepit on Mon 18 Jun 18 23:38

» 2018 LeMans by kentvette on Mon 18 Jun 18 17:33

» 8 For 12 by Norm on Mon 18 Jun 18 14:18

» Le Mans 2018 - The Aftermath - (Spoiler Alert!) by kentvette on Mon 18 Jun 18 12:26

» FOR SALE - 1966 Corvette Stingray C2 327/300hp 4 Speed Manual Gearbox by veeeight on Sun 17 Jun 18 17:59

» A Beautiful Day For A Car Show by C7KEN on Sun 17 Jun 18 00:13

» Rockcliffe Hall Supercar Show Sat 16th June by C7KEN on Sun 17 Jun 18 00:02

» Kimbolton Country Fayre 8th July by autocolor on Sat 16 Jun 18 20:25

» c5 finally by Invetterate on Sat 16 Jun 18 18:42

» Water pump leak. by MIT on Sat 16 Jun 18 12:03

Driving Days at North Weald Airfield, Essex

Go to page: 1, 2 / Next

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyView next topic

Author

curious bystander

Committee Member

Tue 06 Mar 18 17:42

Driving Days at North Weald Airfield, Essex

Calendar Event: 27 Jul

Club Member David Smitheram who runs the Classic Sports Car Club has brought to our attention the chance for Corvette Club members to take part in one of a series of driving days to be held at North Weald Airfield in Essex.

Three are planned so far for 2018 - Friday 27th April, Friday 27th July and Friday 16th November.

Each will be an opportunity for you to drive your car in a fun and safe environment around circuits marked out with bollards - there will be NO walls or crash barriers, so if you did overcook it the likelihood of damage to your P+J is minimised

All cars must be road legal and be able to pass a static noise limit of 105dBA - which is pretty loud Scratchchin

Crash helmets will NOT be required and the planned activity should be covered by your normal road insurance (it is recommended that you confirm this yourself).

You will be able to go round the two different circuits as many times as it's possible to fit into the day, and only ONE car will be on the track at once.

What's more there will be a professional driver in attendance to give you hints and tips to improve your skills, and all this for just 40 per car per day

There will be a limit of just 25 cars each day and it's intended that we will join another car club to make up the numbers.

North Weald Airfield is located at Merlin Way,North Weald, Essex CN16 6HR

If you're interested please get in touch with me or discuss on this thread.

Last edited by Bowler on Thu 08 Mar 18 14:58; edited 2 times in total. [5 %]
--------------------
79 L82 Auto

Having a lot of bhp is all very well, but on these forums it's torque that counts

Events Co-ordinator

Fishy Dave

Club Member

Wed 07 Mar 18 16:28

Re: Driving Days at North Weald Airfield, Essex

These are really fun events, much kinder on your car than a trackday and with acres of run off and one car at a time there is nothing substantial to hit!

I have probably been on 5 of these events over the last 15 years, with different groups and car clubs and every one has been great fun. Both my wife and Father have taken part and both said they enjoyed and learned something from the day. In Dads case it was not to wear massive shoes in a Caterham or else your foot gets jammed over the throttle! Readit Very Happy

If you have never been on a trackday before this is the perfect introduction for you. Let's get the airfield ringing to the sound of V8's. As an added bonus, for those of you travelling around the M25 clockwise you get to drive through the two tunnels. Bigear

I would personally prefer Friday 27th July please.

Regards, Dave

--------------------
2007 C6 Manual

Forrest Gump

Regional Rep

Wed 07 Mar 18 21:09

This sounds like great fun.
I've got to know how (badly) my C3 compares to more modern machinery!

Please count me in for this.
I could do any of the dates but July would be my first choice.

--------------------
Blue '75

Invetterate

Club Member

Thu 08 Mar 18 09:24

Great opportunity to get some professional instruction at a very reasonable price. I'm in!

Friday 27 July for me too please Thumbs up

Mark

philv8

Club Member

Thu 08 Mar 18 10:49

I'd be interested in the 27th July too, if only to prove I really am as slow and steady as I think. Nothing to hit is a great appeal as well Smile

curious bystander

Committee Member

Thu 08 Mar 18 11:26

I've put it on the Event Calendar as a definite for 27th JULY 2018

Keep the interest coming Thumbs up

--------------------
79 L82 Auto

Having a lot of bhp is all very well, but on these forums it's torque that counts

Events Co-ordinator

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

CCCUK Supporting Vendor

Sun 11 Mar 18 21:50

Hi,
If anyone needs any help with insurance for this event then please feel free to drop me a line as I would imagine your standard road cover wouldn't cover this type of event I'm afraid.
Regards,
Dan.

curious bystander

Committee Member

Sun 11 Mar 18 22:30

Thanks Dan

In that case we will warn all those Club Members who take part to arrange separate or additional cover as appropriate.

If this event is on a private airfield is insurance actually mandatory?

Bill

--------------------
79 L82 Auto

Events Co-ordinator

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

CCCUK Supporting Vendor

Mon 12 Mar 18 11:27

curious bystander wrote (View Post):Thanks Dan

In that case we will warn all those Club Members who take part to arrange separate or additional cover as appropriate.

If this event is on a private airfield is insurance actually mandatory?

Bill

Hi again,

Yes I would definitely advise members' that this type of activity won't be covered by their standard motor policy as it isn't on a public highway and not subject to Road Traffic Act rules etc.

Insurance for these events isn't mandatory but by the same token any damage that could potentially occur won't be covered - so no accidental damage, fire and no damage to third party vehicles, property etc.

So in essence it would be at the owners own risk and we'd certainly recommend that they potentially obtain track day cover whilst not being a bona-fide track day.

I hope that this helps.

Dan

--------------------
www.adrianflux.co.uk

www.influx.co.uk

Fishy Dave

Club Member

Mon 12 Mar 18 13:41

Thanks for the advice Dan. Smile

Personally I won't worry be taking out insurance cover for this event, there is only one car on track with a very minimal risk of damage or contact with anyone or anything as a result.

Those insurance companies who do tend to offer cover for a trackday usually only cover those events that are ATDO members. Lotus-On-Track who often run these events are ATDO members, but I doubt they have ever had any kind of incident on these days over the last 15 years?

Regards, Dave

--------------------
2007 C6 Manual

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyPrivate MessengerView next topic

Go to page: 1, 2 / Next

Permissions