CCCUK logo

Lancaster Insurance

Website Control

Recent threads

New Forum Posts

» Spare wheel kit 74 by BertieGas on Mon 16 Jul 18 23:40

» Vulcan Tour 2018 by Wacjac on Mon 16 Jul 18 20:03

» Developing Starter Issue by kentvette on Mon 16 Jul 18 18:41

» Shooting for 1000whp with my C7 @ Top Cats Racing by roppa440 on Mon 16 Jul 18 15:07

» Black '68 by Jan25 on Mon 16 Jul 18 10:23

» What did you do with your Vette today? by roppa440 on Mon 16 Jul 18 09:39

» Garage services required for a C3 in the NW by Daytona Vette on Sun 15 Jul 18 20:06

» NEC Classic Car Show - Birmingham by 86vetteman on Sat 14 Jul 18 22:39

» C4 coupe wanted by Redridge Corvette on Sat 14 Jul 18 21:54

» Corvette-Fame 13-14-15 July 2018 by Rich on Sat 14 Jul 18 18:11

»  by Nosheruk on Sat 14 Jul 18 17:44

» How to post a photo in the forums by Nosheruk on Sat 14 Jul 18 17:38

» Looking for a C6 Z06 by BlackZeD on Sat 14 Jul 18 15:47

» New member, new c3 on order! by Forrest Gump on Sat 14 Jul 18 12:06

» C5 seat refurbishment by roscobbc on Sat 14 Jul 18 09:29

» Classic + Vintage Vehicle Festival - Peterborough by curious bystander on Fri 13 Jul 18 17:35

» R/H door lock mech and clip by MIT on Fri 13 Jul 18 16:53

» What modern spark plugs for 1973 454? by roscobbc on Fri 13 Jul 18 00:43

» Insurance by MIT on Thu 12 Jul 18 21:44

» Buying a C6 Convertible.... Or more likely a Targa Top by chevrolet on Thu 12 Jul 18 21:28

» Modified C5 for Sale by Sinatra21 on Thu 12 Jul 18 11:49

» Electronic ign or new bushes by Nigelcurry on Thu 12 Jul 18 08:01

» Rockauto by weslp00 on Wed 11 Jul 18 23:30

» Kop Hill Climb Festival by roscobbc on Wed 11 Jul 18 21:38

» CCCUK Corvette Nationals pictures 2018 by JonnyC4 on Wed 11 Jul 18 18:42

» Ian Goss? by BlackZeD on Wed 11 Jul 18 08:43

» CCCUK West Sussex July meeting by Sea5 on Wed 11 Jul 18 08:26

» Exhaust too loud. by MIT on Wed 11 Jul 18 03:35

» 1960 C1 steering box by paj66 on Tue 10 Jul 18 16:03

» South Central Regional Meeting for July by Bowler on Tue 10 Jul 18 14:48

What did you do with your Vette today?

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196 ... 204, 205, 206 / Next

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyView next topic

Author

Redlevel

Club Member

Sun 15 Apr 18 13:49

Re: What did you do with your Vette today?

Excellent job but i'd need to be on my hands and knees to read that if it were on the ground.. Scratchchin

roscobbc

Committee Member

Sun 15 Apr 18 14:51

stevel98 wrote (View Post):Excellent job but i'd need to be on my hands and knees to read that if it were on the ground.. Scratchchin
Not an issue for Mopar fans - they seem to drag their knuckles on the ground when walking anyway Rofl

--------------------
CCCUK Chairman
'68 coupe - 4 speed - 3.08 - 489 cu in - 570 bhp @ 5850 rpm - 606 ft/lbs torque (821 Newton Metres) @ 3850 rpm

Germax

Club Member

Sun 15 Apr 18 20:34

Finally some good weather and besides of taking the car for a spin, we have fixed the electrical issues. They where a matter of cleaning the connectors on both the front and the rear lights. Changed all bulbs to LED as well, all a little more bright.

Painted the interior molding in the rear, when doing the prep cleaning with a scotch bright and ammonia the Black appears to be white....with the new paint it looks brand new again.

Little jobs with high impact, real nice to do.

This week for MOT, should all be good, drives like a champ!!

roppa440

Club Member

Mon 16 Apr 18 08:54

stevel98 wrote (View Post):Excellent job but i'd need to be on my hands and knees to read that if it were on the ground.. Scratchchin

It's A2 size. If I can read it anyone can. Yes

Redlevel

Club Member

Mon 16 Apr 18 11:15

When I attended shows with my.'87, all I was ever asked was "..what's the mpg?" and my reply was usually "..four".

Most interest came from kids who wanted to sit in it and climb over it.

roppa440

Club Member

Wed 18 Apr 18 08:49

I have had a smaller A3 print of the same information on the dash for a few years. People do read it and occasionally ask questions as a result. Usually at the proper classic shows though to be honest. Older men in particular like to read something.

People want to do more than just walk past with their preconceptions of what Corvettes are about. At shows I watch for people having more than just a casual glance at my car and engage in conversation with them. Sometimes it's just a few cheerful remarks. Sometimes they get drawn into a longer conversation and a sit in the car.

I enjoy this aspect of shows. It makes the day go by much faster and stops me (and the visitors) being bored. Because lets face it. There is nothing more boring than looking at a line of parked cars.

I like to think I have made a few people at least feel their day was good fun and perhaps give them something to remember and talk to their friends and family about.

Last edited by roppa440 on Wed 18 Apr 18 08:57; edited 1 time in total. [59 %]

roppa440

Club Member

Wed 18 Apr 18 09:02

Don't you just hate it when at a show looking at an interesting car and, despite showing interest in it, all the people on the club stand are just sitting huddled in their little chairs talking to each other showing no interest in the fact you are probably wanting to know more about the car?

Redlevel

Club Member

Wed 18 Apr 18 09:18

roppa440 wrote (View Post):Don't you just hate it when at a show looking at an interesting car and, despite showing interest in it, all the people on the club stand are just sitting huddled in their little chairs talking to each other showing no interest in the fact you are probably wanting to know more about the car?

I know that scenario very well.. I thought it was just me. I usually have a load of questions to ask but all I get is a look from the chairs that says "..what are you doing here, looking at our cars?"

A bad one was the Honda S800 club at the NEC. I used to own one and I have intimate knowledge of the workings of the engine etc and was keen to ask a few questions about recurring issues I had back in the day, but the response to my interest in peering into an engine bay was very curt, like, "..is there something we can do for you?"

I do tend to find the patio chair huddle thing quite intimidating and tend not to approach for that reason. The Ayrshire Classic Car Club Clique is the worst, they totally blank you if you approach them.

Any shows I attended I always tried to be friendly and invite people to look over my C4 and sit in it and on occasion, even start it up. Don't mind the kids getting in for photies etc. Best comment? "....that's just a lardy Spitfire!" Laughing

roppa440

Club Member

Wed 18 Apr 18 09:34

I tend not to sit in the club marquee with everyone else exactly for this reason Steve.

It makes me look rather unsociable, which because of my "issues" I am to a degree anyway, but cars are my hobby and being able to talk with enthusiasm about your hobby is always a great thing for anybody.

Redlevel

Club Member

Wed 18 Apr 18 10:09

The NE guys and yourself I found very welcoming and easy to talk to that time at Thirlestane, which had me wishing I lived closer so I could join in.

What did p*ss me off that day was the Scots Xmembers Forum group that I was a member of for years, totally ignore me when I tried to say hello and put faces to names.

Unfortunately, I don't have the outgoing personality to ingratiate myself well, as my normal speaking voice is very quiet and I can lose it altogether if I get stressed, so at shows I generally wait til an owner is close to his car before saying hello. Michelle says she can tell when I'm stressed as I start sounding a bit hoarse like Dirty Harry and talking under my breath!

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyPrivate MessengerView next topic

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3 ... 194, 195, 196 ... 204, 205, 206 / Next

Permissions