CCCUK logo

Ian Allan Motors

Website Control

Recent threads

New Forum Posts

» Lights by Daytona Vette on Mon 20 Aug 18 13:09

» U-joint replacement by langlj00 on Mon 20 Aug 18 13:03

» Carpets for 56 C1 by vet80y on Mon 20 Aug 18 08:42

» Another 'nail in the coffin' for UK based motorsport by chevrolet on Sat 18 Aug 18 22:00

» Heads/cam by roppa440 on Sat 18 Aug 18 16:15

» Spare wheel light by Nigelcurry on Sat 18 Aug 18 11:34

» 2003 Anniversary Red and Shale Convertible. by Number3 on Fri 17 Aug 18 19:30

» BBCN Regional meet by Nicetie on Thu 16 Aug 18 19:47

» Tyres by roscobbc on Thu 16 Aug 18 13:02

» Drag event... by roppa440 on Thu 16 Aug 18 09:20

» 1989 C4 For Sale by RobBrom on Wed 15 Aug 18 19:56

» C5 Headlamp Adjusters "Golden Rods" by roppa440 on Wed 15 Aug 18 16:31

» Shooting for 1000whp with my C7 @ Top Cats Racing by Sierra on Tue 14 Aug 18 14:19

» C6 European Rear Light Conversion by Daytona Vette on Mon 13 Aug 18 16:42

» Full geo setup needed. by Daytona Vette on Mon 13 Aug 18 10:33

» C3 Side Exhaust Pipes by CaptainK on Mon 13 Aug 18 10:00

» Kit Kat wrappers don't make good insulation by CaptainK on Mon 13 Aug 18 09:52

» Head Unit Replacement by L88 on Sun 12 Aug 18 13:57

»  by Chris123 on Sun 12 Aug 18 12:24

» 1968 Door Handles by riddyboy on Sat 11 Aug 18 08:54

» Aircon fixed at last! by Daytona Vette on Fri 10 Aug 18 13:29

» Headlight Buckets by kentvette on Fri 10 Aug 18 09:40

» C3 Auto Box Issue Just Developed by Daytona Vette on Thu 09 Aug 18 22:52

» CCCUK West Sussex meeting tonight 9th August by Sea5 on Thu 09 Aug 18 18:27

» History of my vehicle VJD 5G by Bill Riches on Thu 09 Aug 18 16:58

» Borgeson steering box upgrade. by Skeets on Thu 09 Aug 18 13:19

» Cumbria classic (Dalemain House) car show. Sunday 19th August by 666Vette on Thu 09 Aug 18 12:26

» Concours of Elegance by curious bystander on Wed 08 Aug 18 16:47

» What did you do with your Vette today? by MIT on Wed 08 Aug 18 15:31

» South Central Regional Meeting for August by Daytona Vette on Wed 08 Aug 18 10:35

Corvette Nationals 2018 - pre booking.

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 / Next

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyView next topic

Author

Rich

Club Member

Mon 30 Apr 18 10:41

Re: Corvette Nationals 2018 - pre booking.

To be brutally frank, it is getting a little tedious witnessing myself and other members being jumped on when we bother to share an opinion, and in the case of this topic, I was simply trying to put forward a suggestion as to how to solve a problem raised by the Chairman himself (who hasn’t been jumped on!!).

ciro_ciampi wrote (View Post):The Hotel or Venue is NOT too small for the Corvette Nationals - sorry to disappoint you.
What I actually said was that the venue was too small IF WE GET A GOOD TURNOUT. I don’t think you were involved in the club when we used to get 250+ Corvettes and public at our shows. That wasn’t too long ago and if that was to happen again we may have a problem. I don’t blame you for defending your hotel (I actually really like the venue) but I am a little hurt that my comment was not fully understood.

666Vette wrote (View Post):…………Potential members can join from anywhere that they can receive the internet on their mobile devices……
Good point, but my comment was based on the situation at the London Show where our “staff” were not advised that this was a solution and potential members may have been lost. If there has been a change in policy that this is great news, but I wasn’t aware of it.

Rant over – the Moderators are now queuing up to hit the “delete post” button. Getmecoat

Last edited by Rich on Mon 30 Apr 18 10:43; edited 1 time in total. [3 %]
--------------------
Rich Rogers
CCCUK Lifetime Member
2017 Yellow SS Camaro

Daytona Vette

Club Member

Mon 30 Apr 18 12:11

No deletions - I have booked - I have joined - hope the C3s are on the Tarmac this time, thirsty work C3s need to be closer to the Bar - What a great event - looking forward to it - All we need is the good weather.

--------------------
Barry - Daytona Vette

Rich

Club Member

Tue 01 May 18 08:36

Daytona Vette wrote (View Post):..........., thirsty work C3s need to be closer to the Bar

Glad you mentioned this Barry. We have one VIP parking space at Corvette Fame next to the bar. I'll put a little flag in the ground with your name on it.

--------------------
Rich Rogers
CCCUK Lifetime Member
2017 Yellow SS Camaro

Daytona Vette

Club Member

Tue 01 May 18 11:22

Rich wrote (View Post):Daytona Vette wrote (View Post):..........., thirsty work C3s need to be closer to the Bar

Glad you mentioned this Barry. We have one VIP parking space at Corvette Fame next to the bar. I'll put a little flag in the ground with your name on it.

Thank you Rich, I only drink water, but I always take it in the right spirit.

--------------------
Barry - Daytona Vette

craigyboy

Club Member

Thu 24 May 18 19:26

I still don't see why there isn't a better Venue. You could hire Silverstone area cheaply or even have it combined with another show somewhere.

I use to work at Silverstone and it is cheap! half the time the place is empty and losing money.

I do feel once you look at around nice corvettes there is sod all else to do. It be nice if there was other stuff to look at.

Alan305

Committee Member

Thu 24 May 18 20:15

I guess the Committee is resigned to the fact that they can’t please everyone all the time.

I thought last year worked well at the Sharnbrook.

I’ve hired part of the the “wing” at Silverstone for a conference but it’s value is totally determined by what’s on the track, and for many days that’s very little. Equally the ‘Control Centre’ is pretty boring when there’s nothing on the track.

We also hired the conference facilities at Williams F1, museum, food and service superb, but difficult to get to, and expensive.

Raise the subject at the AGM?

--------------------
"what could possibly go wrong"

Invetterate

Club Member

Thu 24 May 18 20:58

Some of the people some of the time is about average I would think.

Lots of people have "good ideas" but never seem to turn them into action funnily enough.

Spot on re the AGM. Hopefully, there will be lots of ideas complete with costings, benefits of location including access for the maximum number of members, other attractions [that are wanted by the majority and are affordable], facilities, estimates or better yet actual figures on member preferences and, crucially, people who will actually do the work to make it happen.

Regarding the London Show, I was there for 3 days from opening to closing each day and we were pretty much run off our feet which showed the interest in the cars. I don't think we missed many membership "sales" [something I work hard at at these things] and this year, if there was a [very small] gap, we will have it plugged. Very Happy

Deep joy to all

The Pokester

Club Member

Thu 24 May 18 21:05

I agree with your comments craigyboy. For me, the best CCCUK Nationals that I attended was my first in 2008 at Huntingdon racecourse. Lots going on besides the show and shine, Bauer Millett put on a brilliant display, Stratstone were there, a guy with aero engines fired up, plenty of trade stands, etc., etc., and very well attended by both members and non-members. No problems getting everyone in, however, it was deemed too expensive a venue for the Club (or so I was told).
Now that we have a record membership in terms of numbers, Silverstone would be a good choice especially if the track could be used as well. The question is, is it affordable? Would there be a room available to hold the AGM?
Obviously we all have our individual likes, dislikes and preferences, but the Club should cater for the wishes of the majority of its members.

--------------------
John.

Former owner of a silver '68 427 split roof coupe 'vette way back in 1975/76 when I was a lot younger. Bought it from Steven Ouvaroff's American Car Centre, Kingston on Thames and sold it to a guy from Bangor, N.Wales.
Now own a silver '07 Z06 bought new from Stratstone Leeds (sadly now gone!)

Alan305

Committee Member

Thu 24 May 18 21:33

The Pokester wrote (View Post):... Now that we have a record membership in terms of numbers, Silverstone would be a good choice especially if the track could be used as well. The question is, is it affordable? Would there be a room available to hold the AGM?

Plenty of options in the Wing at Silverstone but room rates are £50 + per person plus lots and lots for the track. I don’t think that would work for the Nationals.

Westfield had their Nationals at Stoneleigh, with the kit car show. Lots to look at, but only if you like kit cars, although quite a few Corvettes made it, including a C7 and the worlds fastest shed, at 100 + mph (RS4 powered, but why?)

Why not throw your hat, and some suggestions, in the ring at the AGM.

What would bring 250 + Corvettes back to the Nationals?

Last edited by Alan305 on Thu 24 May 18 21:36; edited 1 time in total. [2 %]
--------------------
"what could possibly go wrong"

roscobbc

Committee Member

Thu 24 May 18 21:43

Gentlemen - your opportunity to influence the Nationals venue and content is nigh......
If either of you (and possibly both of you) really want to make a difference for the 2019 Nationals ( Yes ) and put your own mark on the event - then attend the AGM and 'put your hands up' as National Events Organiser or organisers - Mike Lacey will be standing down after this year's event.

--------------------
CCCUK Chairman
'68 coupe - 4 speed - 3.08 - 489 cu in - 570 bhp @ 5850 rpm - 606 ft/lbs torque (821 Newton Metres) @ 3850 rpm

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyPrivate MessengerView next topic

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 / Next

Permissions