CCCUK logo

Adrian Flux

Website Control

Recent threads

New Forum Posts

» Insurance recommenations by FIVE RED on Tue 11 Dec 18 15:31

» How Many Miles Does Your Corvette Get Driven? by Daytona Vette on Tue 11 Dec 18 12:51

» What did you do with your Vette today? by roppa440 on Tue 11 Dec 18 08:33

» Bloodhound SSC by Atomic UK on Mon 10 Dec 18 13:04

» Spotted C2 by Jan25 on Mon 10 Dec 18 09:01

» Help with newly acquired 72 350 Auto by Jimbo64 on Sun 09 Dec 18 21:33

» Facebook page by fat_jogger on Sun 09 Dec 18 19:36

» O.m.g. by Redlevel on Sun 09 Dec 18 17:35

» Trimmer/upholsterer by roscobbc on Sun 09 Dec 18 17:15

» C5 Harmonic balancer wobbling! by therabster on Sat 08 Dec 18 22:02

» My C8 Grump by Vetteheadtony on Sat 08 Dec 18 13:05

» C7 Z06 by MShaky on Fri 07 Dec 18 15:17

» Replacement head unit for US spec C6 by Young Bill on Fri 07 Dec 18 10:10

» Kelsey Hayes Aluminum Wheels by Daytona Vette on Thu 06 Dec 18 01:05

» Thames Vally Region trip to Studio 434 by Nicetie on Wed 05 Dec 18 22:33

» C6 LED halos by autocolor on Wed 05 Dec 18 19:20

» Another day, another Mid-Engine Corvette thread by Norm on Wed 05 Dec 18 19:05

» 2007 C6 ZO6, Manual. by Fraser on Wed 05 Dec 18 15:50

» 2019 Nationals by curious bystander on Wed 05 Dec 18 11:15

» Replacing Fuel Filter by robbiew on Tue 04 Dec 18 18:28

» South Central Breakfast Club by Daytona Vette on Mon 03 Dec 18 12:52

» Differential Rebuild by Nick B on Sun 02 Dec 18 18:51

» Trans fluid by Nigelcurry on Sun 02 Dec 18 12:28

» wheels by robbiew on Sun 02 Dec 18 09:25

» The EVENTS CALENDAR by kentvette on Sat 01 Dec 18 15:25

» 1982 Collectors Edition by kentvette on Sat 01 Dec 18 15:23

» Magazine Purchase? by roscobbc on Sat 01 Dec 18 10:19

» 1976 ''Spirit of Le Mans'' Corvette by Atomic UK on Thu 29 Nov 18 18:00

» Speedo not working by kentvette on Thu 29 Nov 18 16:29

» International Corvette & Camaro Meeting 2019 - 20th Anniversary by Alexa-Italy on Wed 28 Nov 18 09:40

Now we're digital - Membership Renewals

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyView next topic

Author

Rich

Club Member

Wed 02 May 18 13:11

Re: Now we're digital - Membership Renewals

Mike, Ross and Jackie - did you receive my email last night in which I detailed a solution?

--------------------
Rich Rogers
CCCUK Lifetime Member
2017 Yellow SS Camaro

roscobbc

Committee Member

Wed 02 May 18 13:20

I have seen your email (can't answer for my colleagues) - quite why it's necessary to allude to a private email on a public forum escapes me.......

--------------------
CCCUK Chairman
'68 coupe - 4 speed - 3.08 - 489 cu in - 570 bhp @ 5850 rpm - 606 ft/lbs torque (821 Newton Metres) @ 3850 rpm

Wacjac

Committee Member

Wed 02 May 18 16:11

As it appears to be “diss the MemberMojo process time”, I feel it is time for me to present some hard facts and home truths which may not be palatable to all who read this.
Out of 680 membership renewals, we have received 20 offline payments in the form of cheques and BACS/SO payments. In total these equate to 2.9 % of renewals so far made. The remainder have renewed via the online process.

On 29th December 2017 I sent a personal letter to each member for whom no email address was held. Some members did not have the courtesy to reply. Further attempts have been made since then.

Unlike previous years, simply paying your membership fee does not means your membership is renewed. Due to incoming legislation all new and renewing members are required to provide their clear consent to the Club’s Rules and Regulations and Privacy Policy and GDPR Notice. If members do not provide their clear consent to the documents, their membership cannot be finalised.

These questions are built into the MemberMojo process however if people choose not to renew online, an alternative method is needed to obtain their agreement. This involves contacting the member, by either email or post. If there is a valid email address, the relevant documents are sent to them with a covering email asking them to respond. If no email address is held, the relevant documents and a covering letter are sent to them through the post.

A number of people have made payments into the club bank account and have been contacted to obtain their agreement to the required documents as per the above process. Sadly, 10 of those contacted have not bothered to reply which means that their membership cannot be finalised.

As MemberMojo is an online process, the ‘preferred’ method of payment is online. I have promoted the MemberMojo process since October 17 and provided ‘how to’ guides which have been included in the club magazine which all members receive and on the club forum.

I understand that not all members are comfortable with the idea of electronic payments and, in view of this, I have mentioned in every magazine article since October 17 that if members have any queries to contact me by email.

Since October 17, less than 5 members have contacted me with queries. Those who have, a workable solution has been reached and those members have now successfully renewed their club membership.

Information about the renewal process has been available to all members via the club magazine since October 17 and several recommendations have been made that members take some time to access MemberMojo to check their information. Despite this, it turns out that a number of members have not taken the opportunity to do so. Put very simply, that is not my issue!! The old adage of taking a horse to water…. springs to mind.

When I first considered talking on this role, I was aware that setting up an online membership process was going to be a hard sell. Both myself and my husband Allen work full time and since July 17, we have each spent a minimum of 10 hours, sometimes up to 40 hours per week trying to make this process as easy as possible, and this is on top of our paid work.

At no point has it ever been said that we won’t accept other forms of payment. What has been said is that ‘online’ payments are the preferred method. Anyone can make a PayPal payment on behalf of someone else, an option perhaps some members may want to consider to help other members.

Whilst everyone is free to post their opinion on the club forum, it is very easy to be a ‘keyboard warrior.’ There will always be people who don’t want to accept change however the reality is, that if we don’t, we cannot move forward as a club. After all, I am pretty sure that when someone first proposed the idea of using a car instead of horse, there was uproar!!

I am not so naive to think that there will not be challenges with the adoption of an online process and that, one size fits all. I would however state that the Membership Secretary ‘job role’ made no mention of requiring physic abilities. If members don’t contact me, how am I supposed to know that they have a question?

ALL members have a personal responsibility to identify any barriers they may have in renewing online. Leaving everything until the last moment and then complaining is not the best way of handling it.

To take your point about numbers of members without email addresses….. at the last count earlier today we have 18.

--------------------
Owner/driver of one of the world's rarest cars.... a BMW convertible with working indicators.... Zerelda aka Armoured Battle Maiden

5 USA

Club Member

Wed 02 May 18 22:34

A little to my surprise - being a tad over the age of 25 - I was able to renew my CCUK membership electronically and without difficulty. It's a straightforward process.

Among the many things that can be said or done over the internet, online banking is probably the safest. Banks operate a high level of security. To be shy about your bank account details is the equivalent of driving around with a cover over your car in case somebody sees you...

Keep up the good work, guys!

--------------------
The Stingray has landed!

roppa440

Club Member

Thu 03 May 18 07:42

Jackie! Clap Clap Clap Very Happy

Last edited by roppa440 on Thu 03 May 18 07:43; edited 1 time in total. [29 %]

autocolor

Club Member

Thu 03 May 18 07:59

Would someone please clarify if there is another option such as cheque or other paper / phone method that can be used.

This is the simple question I have been asking from the beginning of this thread, how that constitutes "dishing the membership process" or complaining and being a keyboard warrior eludes me.

From a personal viewpoint I have no issue with the process and think its a great idea and works well, I was simply responding to queries from other members regarding other options to renewal, I am pleased to see that finally among the rather extensive post from Jackie that there are other options available, but feel just a few lines to answer the question would have sufficed.

MIke

--------------------
Mike ,
A red Vette at last and back to a convertible

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyPrivate MessengerView next topic

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions