CCCUK - The Classic Corvette Club UK

CCCUK » Corvette Gossip » What did you do with your Vette today? Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3, 4 ... 204, 205, 206 / Next  :| |:

#21: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: YellowStingray Location: Bristol Post Posted: Today at

Drive my '88 to work every day (after dropping my son off at school) come rain or shine Laughing Great smile on both of us in the mornings.

#22:  Author: Shifty Location: London / Edinburgh Post Posted: Today at

Just rigged up a new fluorescent in the garage. Will make for an improved home for the Vette over winter! I've heard they're afraid of the dark:lol:

#23: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: roscobbc Location: S W Essex Post Posted: Today at

I'm going to junk the fluorescent soon and use a 15 metre 240v LED strip at 70 watt consumption!

#24:  Author: z06_tim Location: Warwick, UK Post Posted: Today at

LED strip sounds interesting Ross - tell us more?

I was planning expanding my one fluorescent tube to 6 (x 6 foot i guess) for my double garage, then i started thinking about LED tubes, but even four of those is going to be pretty pricey.

#25:  Author: roscobbc Location: S W Essex Post Posted: Today at

z06_tim wrote (View Post):LED strip sounds interesting Ross - tell us more?

I was planning expanding my one fluorescent tube to 6 (x 6 foot i guess) for my double garage, then i started thinking about LED tubes, but even four of those is going to be pretty pricey.

I do a number of lighting control systems, mainly large domestic - it amazes me the overkill in terms of lighting that some electrical contractors apply to buildings. Nothing is for nothing however and high power LED's are often cool white, totally inappropriate for domestic use where warm white would be more logical. I'll pop out in the garage later and take a photo and see if we can compare a single fluorie at one end with a the 240v Led strip simply strung-up temporary (after Gotham has finished!)

#26:  Author: z06_tim Location: Warwick, UK Post Posted: Today at

Thanks Ross. There's no rush tho. It's a bit chilly out ther tonight!

#27:  Author: Shifty Location: London / Edinburgh Post Posted: Today at

Fluoro is cheap and cheerful. A damn site cheaper than an LED light would be I would imagine? I fancy rigging up another just for the sake of doing it. Love a bit of DIY and the car just refuses to break!

#28:  Author: z06_tim Location: Warwick, UK Post Posted: Today at

I agree Shifty. For the amount of time i have the lights on in the garage, i don't think i would see the cost benefit of LED tubes. I think they are more than 3x the price.

#29: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: roscobbc Location: S W Essex Post Posted: Today at

LED ítubes' are not worth the expense unless they are being used 24/7.

#30:  Author: Shifty Location: London / Edinburgh Post Posted: Today at

Glad I didn't rig up the wrong light fitting then!!

What else can I do to pimp my garage... Some more wall hangings perhaps!
CCCUK » Corvette Gossip » What did you do with your Vette today? Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3, 4 ... 204, 205, 206 / Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.