CCCUK - The Classic Corvette Club UK

CCCUK » Corvette Gossip » What did you do with your Vette today? Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3 ... 188, 189, 190 ... 207, 208, 209 / Next  :| |:

#1881: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: FIVE RED Location: North East Post Posted: Today at

Did they make the new cats for you or is that something else in place of the originals?

#1882: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: roppa440 Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne Post Posted: Today at

roscobbc wrote (View Post):Yes the 'X' pipe sound. People tell me that mine (has an 'X' pipe) sounds totally different to other V8's especially at higher revs. Guess its something to do with the exhaust pulses being equalised through two pipes.........was it just the front part of the system Dave?

I only got them to make the headers and fit high flow cats. FIVE RED gave me the x-pipe which I fitted myself to the original pipes (painted grey). mufflers and tailpipes are modified (by me) Magnaflow items.

It's the headers themselves that make the car sound more "sporty" and louder inside the car.

Last edited by roppa440 on Mon 12 Feb 18 10:58; edited 1 time in total. [11 %]

#1883: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: roppa440 Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne Post Posted: Today at

FIVE RED wrote (View Post):Did they make the new cats for you or is that something else in place of the originals?

I don't think they make the stainless steel cats. But yes they replaced the originals with them. Thumbs up

Last edited by roppa440 on Mon 12 Feb 18 10:59; edited 1 time in total. [6 %]

#1884: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: FelixP Location: Cardiff Post Posted: Today at

It's 2 years ago this week I bought my Corvette. Previous owner never used it in the rain. Laughing

#1885: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: Redlevel Post Posted: Today at

They don't rust, so it must be a lack of cojones!! Very Happy

#1886: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: Redlevel Post Posted: Today at

roppa440 wrote (View Post):FIVE RED wrote (View Post):Did they make the new cats for you or is that something else in place of the originals?

I don't think they make the stainless steel cats. But yes they replaced the originals with them. Thumbs up

That looks ! very tidy ! Yes

Excellent work! !!! Scratchchin

#1887: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: roppa440 Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne Post Posted: Today at

stevel98 wrote (View Post):roppa440 wrote (View Post):FIVE RED wrote (View Post):Did they make the new cats for you or is that something else in place of the originals?

That looks ! very tidy ! Yes

Excellent work! !!! Scratchchin

Cost the same as buying a pair of Stainless headers from the USA that probably wouldn't fit as well and I would have to fit myself.

#1888: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: Redlevel Post Posted: Today at

It looks like a really neat install. I hope it runs as well as it looks. Looking forward to reading the numbers one day! Did they do the whole system?
Thumbs up

#1889: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: FIVE RED Location: North East Post Posted: Today at

Well I'm looking at the Corvette still on the lift while I've been doing the winter jobs. Thick of dust but so far ticked off:
Replace discs and pads
Replace handbrake shoes
Engine oil & filter change
Service K&N air filter & recharge
X pipe refitted after welding
All steel underbody bits repainted
Tank shields polished
Clutch fluid flushed

Can't wait for the weather to improve so I can wash, clay bar & polish ready for taxing & driving Cool Cool

Last edited by FIVE RED on Tue 13 Feb 18 18:21; edited 1 time in total. [0 %]

#1890: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: Redlevel Post Posted: Today at

I'm totally amazed at the facilities some people have on this forum.. Lifts and space!

This is my work area (9' x 19') garage.. I do have a covered car port area and yard, but the garage is where most of the work happens and it quite tight.

Old pre-paint job images.

CCCUK » Corvette Gossip » What did you do with your Vette today? Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3 ... 188, 189, 190 ... 207, 208, 209 / Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.