CCCUK - The Classic Corvette Club UK

CCCUK » Corvette Gossip » What did you do with your Vette today? Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209 / Next  :| |:

#2051: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: Vetteheadtony Location: Essex Post Posted: Today at

MIT wrote (View Post):And all that in a day!
What paint do you use?
All coming along nicely, Iím hoping to be at damn yankees, been speaking to andy, be nice to finally meet!

2 days actually,That will be great to finally meet up, been with Andy today, great guy and has similar car to yourself.
As for the paint, itís a anti corrosive satin black primer call Cromadex, use it on everything underside!

#2052: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: WelshVette Location: South West Wales Post Posted: Today at

Some of us members of the Western Region went to a charity day / car show at the Hogs Head just outside Abergavenny.

I was brave enough to leave the roof panel at home and load the car with picnic goodies and loads of wine ( for the non drivers of course) and the other members had the same idea!

Cheers

Great weather - great company - glorious weather - a super day.

Hope the three ladies who shall remain nameless Censored
Are over their hangovers by now Thumbs up Yes :

#2053: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: roppa440 Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne Post Posted: Today at

NINE of us had our Corvettes at the Scottish Car show in Edinburgh.

#2054: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: roppa440 Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne Post Posted: Today at

I personally liked this one myself as it got me there and back in good time.
The only down side was the AC stopped working on the way up. It was bloody warm in the car I can tell you! Rolling Eyes

Been putting off getting the system re-pressurised due to cost these days but it looks like I will have to dig into the back of the sofa before the drive to Santa Pod in two weeks.

Last edited by roppa440 on Mon 16 Jul 18 08:45; edited 1 time in total. [42 %]

#2055: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: MIT Post Posted: Today at

Not so much today, rather past week. Borgeson steering box upgrade, both rear wheel bearings changed, leaf spring side mount bolts/bushs, and changed the chrome valve covers to finned ones.
Car seems to be in bits more often than not! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by MIT on Wed 08 Aug 18 14:32; edited 1 time in total. [12 %]

#2056: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: FelixP Location: Cardiff Post Posted: Today at

Put my 89 C4 in for MOT and it failed on a numberplate bulb and handbrake efficiency. Feels close enough to a pass! I've ordered all new handbrake cables, since there's no adjustment I guess they're a bit crusty/stretched. Had new discs & pads on the rear last year.

#2057: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: roppa440 Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne Post Posted: Today at

FelixP wrote (View Post):Put my 89 C4 in for MOT and it failed on a numberplate bulb and handbrake efficiency. Feels close enough to a pass! I've ordered all new handbrake cables, since there's no adjustment I guess they're a bit crusty/stretched. Had new discs & pads on the rear last year.

No adjustment????? Surprised

#2058: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: FelixP Location: Cardiff Post Posted: Today at

On the later C4's it's automatically adjusts. There's a piston that presses against the pads. It's not like a regular handbrake with shoes. I guess my cables are a bit rusty/stretched, so even with full travel of the lever, they don't have enough force to keep the brakes on.

#2059: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: Blackadder Location: Kent Post Posted: Today at

Well it was the 13th October !! temp outside in Kent was 23 degrees. The sun was out.
So the Blackadder had the roof down, heated seats on, CD blasting out Little Deuce Coupe, Lille ole lady from Pasadena and taken out for a leg stretch. Whats not to like.
Corvettes are truly great cars.
Thumbs up Cloud9

#2060: Re: What did you do with your Vette today? Author: kentvette Location: Loir Valley, France Post Posted: Today at

The old '78 hasn't turned a wheel since early August, due to holidays, other commitments etc, so it was due a run out.

Sunday lunchtime, 14th, after a late night watching Petit Le Mans, with sunshine and 25 degrees seemed the perfect time! 60 miles on great roads through some lovely local countryside that we haven't travelled much before - plenty of Buzzards, Green Woodpeckers, and two female Hen Harriers - oh and about a dozen other cars on the whole route! Fab stuff!
CCCUK » Corvette Gossip » What did you do with your Vette today? Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209 / Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.