CCCUK - The Classic Corvette Club UK

CCCUK » Corvette Gossip » New uk owner Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  :| |:

#41: Re: New uk owner Author: stevel98 Post Posted: Today at

Is the flash rate important then? Scratchchin

My wife's '96 Chevy S10 has always flashed the indicators very fast but this has never been a problem at MOT time.

#42: Re: New uk owner Author: Sid.123 Location: Kent uk Post Posted: Today at

Depends on the guy doing the mot i suppose. Officialy they should flash 1-2 times a second. Thats what the website says.

#43: Re: New uk owner Author: FelixP Location: Cardiff Post Posted: Today at

Looks decent! My car has all red rear lights and the indicators are in the reverse lamps. Passes MOT as they're an equal distance but would fail VOSA because they're too far inboard of the car.

I've seen the lights you have on buses/trailers but still better than ambers!

#44: Re: New uk owner Author: Sid.123 Location: Kent uk Post Posted: Today at

Yes that was my initial thoughts. Putting the indicators in the reversing lights...then I thought about putting some indicators under the bumper between the exhausts but nothing seemed right. I didnt want to go down the road of putting lights in the bumper or rear panel..

#45: Re: New uk owner Author: chevrolet Post Posted: Today at

Nice job. Must admit I like the 2 red/2 orange lights (fog light in reversing light). Mine done, many years ago, by Mr Keith Beschi of Eurovettes.

#46: Re: New uk owner Author: Sid.123 Location: Kent uk Post Posted: Today at

I was looking for a pair of those orange lights but they are super expensive.. Theres a guy in Australia with 2 pairs for sale on ebay...Hes looking at 200+ a pair. That's ridiculous for a plastic light.

To change the subject a bit... Did a bit of welding today.. Repaired both the rear exhaust boxes.. Getting ready for the mot next week.

#47: Re: New uk owner Author: Sid.123 Location: Kent uk Post Posted: Today at

In preparation for the upcoming mot . Today ive changed the rear shoxk absorbers, changed the power steering fluid and added some p/s treatment which has got rid of the " morning sickness" is that what its called when its notchy when you start it...checked the tightness of the rear wheel bearings...hopefully should suffice to get through the test...

#48: Re: New uk owner Author: Sid.123 Location: Kent uk Post Posted: Today at

Had the mot today.. The man was happier with my lights then last year...passed with one advisary...
Its now taxed as well so on the road for the next six months...

#49: Re: New uk owner Author: Sid.123 Location: Kent uk Post Posted: Today at

Hi..
First these are pics of my newly painted bonnet n fuel flap emblems...Previously had no red paint left in them.

Secondly my new LED under bonnet lights... The first pic has the new LED on the right. I'm hopeing the pic shows the difference..They are realy bright compared to the standard bulb. The second pic shows them both fitted..

#50: Re: New uk owner Author: Sid.123 Location: Kent uk Post Posted: Today at

only three attachments allowed per post..
CCCUK » Corvette Gossip » New uk owner Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.