CCCUK - The Classic Corvette Club UK

CCCUK » CCCUK Chat » Drag Race your Corvette Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4 / Next  :| |:

Poll - Would you be interested in a private weekday drag race event at Santa Pod

Yes - I'm definately interested 

63%

63% 

(21)

No - I am not interested 

36%

36% 

(12)

Total Votes: 33

#1: Drag Race your Corvette Author: roscobbc Location: S W Essex Post Posted: Today at

The original plan to have some strip action at Santa Pod on the 2018 Nats weekend has unfortunately come to nothing despite assurances from the management at Santa Pod that we could get reserved parking for CCCUK members at the Pod on Saturday and some 1/4 mile action for club members. When the 2018 FIA European race calendar was recently announced 'our' weekend has been schedules for Santa Pod's three day Summer Nationals event.
Question - If the CCCUK was to consider sharing a weekday private drag race event at Santa Pod that would guarantee virtually unlimited 1/4 strip activity - how many members would be interested? costs and date TBA -
Please fill-in the poll to give us an idea of what you think.

Last edited by VetteWeekend on Mon 18 Dec 17 18:38; edited 4 times in total. [1 %]

#2:  Author: Invetterate Location: Essex Post Posted: Today at

I would be interested [subject to details]! Would you envisage some sort of bracket racing category as well as head-to-head? Otherwise only the very fastest cars would progress or even possibly be interested. It would mean that a factory standard mid-70's C3 could race a brand new C7 Z06 for instance and stand a chance of winning!

#3:  Author: roscobbc Location: S W Essex Post Posted: Today at

Invetterate wrote (View Post):I would be interested [subject to details]! Would you envisage some sort of bracket racing category as well as head-to-head? Otherwise only the very fastest cars would progress or even possibly be interested. It would mean that a factory standard mid-70's C3 could race a brand new C7 Z06 for instance and stand a chance of winning!
Haven't a clue at this stage how we would run it Mark. More concerned about actually making something happen initially. Once we have seen some input from members perhaps we can look in depth how the event should be planned-out. Yes

Last edited by roscobbc on Sun 19 Nov 17 11:45; edited 1 time in total. [4 %]

#4:  Author: CaptainK Location: Devon Post Posted: Today at

Sounds like a fantastic bit of fun.

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend for the following reasons:
1) I live nowhere near the Pod.
2) I have a 327 C3. I'm not gonna win anything.
3) Said 327 has a few issues at the moment and needs some love and money put into it.
4) I'm rubbish at launching my C3. I'm miles better in my FTO.

#5:  Author: Daytona Vette Location: Warwickshire Post Posted: Today at

CaptainK wrote (View Post):Sounds like a fantastic bit of fun.

3) Said 327 has a few issues at the moment and needs some love and money put into it.

May I suggest you go and find a Volkswagen Beetle in your neighborhood and challenge him to a race - that way you will win the race and not had to move from your local vicinity - Plus it will be one more over the Germans following on from WW1 WW2 and Brexit.

#6: Re: Drag Race your Corvette Author: Redlevel Post Posted: Today at

Sounds good.. Thumbs up

I'd love to have a go at something like this, and on a weekday too! How badass is that? I'll need a note for the teacher! Laughing

#7:  Author: roscobbc Location: S W Essex Post Posted: Today at

CaptainK wrote (View Post):Sounds like a fantastic bit of fun.

Don't do that trusty old 327 down - I'm sure it will be more than competitive against some of those later smog era 350's. Many months away yet - ample time to get starter rebuilt.

#8:  Author: CaptainK Location: Devon Post Posted: Today at

roscobbc wrote (View Post):Don't do that trusty old 327 down - I'm sure it will be more than competitive against some of those later smog era 350's. Many months away yet - ample time to get starter rebuilt.
I know, I was just joking.
My 327 is fine-ish at the moment for normal driving, but still needs a new carb (long story), new starter, a good service and tuneup, new headers and exhaust ideally and probably some new handbrake cables as I swear one side is sticking a little bit. The car also vibrates a bit at high revs....
Hopefully it'll all be resolved by mid next year as I'm gathering parts for an overhaul.

I would love to do some actual drag racing in it when it is all sorted though, but trying to find the time to get to the Pod on a Friday might be hard due to distance etc. I would also love to see your (roscobbc) Corvette with that huge engine conversion in it. Very Happy

#9:  Author: roscobbc Location: S W Essex Post Posted: Today at

OK, so the thread and poll have only been up since Sunday - but just 5 votes (3 against a race event - 2 'for' a race event) just hoping more members will vote on here after reading Decembers Vette News - if not I'm just not even going to bother to take it any further with CCCUK members and look elsewhere for 'interested' parties.

#10:  Author: 62vette Location: romford essex Post Posted: Today at

why not try an organize something for the mopars Ross
CCCUK » CCCUK Chat » Drag Race your Corvette Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4 / Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.