CCCUK - The Classic Corvette Club UK

CCCUK » Corvette Gossip » C5R/C6R 1/43 Model collection

#1: C5R/C6R 1/43 Model collection Author: chevrolet Post Posted: Today at

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exceptional-lot-corvette-c5r-c6r-...

#2: Re: C5R/C6R 1/43 Model collection Author: Rich Location: Bournemouth, England Post Posted: Today at

With c.150 of the little beggars already in my study, I don't think I need any more. Watching this to see what it goes for.

#3: Re: C5R/C6R 1/43 Model collection Author: chevrolet Post Posted: Today at

Or get the builder around to extend the study? If my arithmetic is correct, there are "only" 100 in the Ebay ad photos. Very Happy

Last edited by chevrolet on Sun 07 Jan 18 19:50; edited 1 time in total. [32 %]

#4: Re: C5R/C6R 1/43 Model collection Author: FIVE RED Location: North East Post Posted: Today at

An impressive collection. Not quite so impressive is the chatty bit of OSB board they're mounted on that's been 'neatly cut' to fit - under the stairs?. Doh

#5: Re: C5R/C6R 1/43 Model collection Author: 666Vette Location: Tyne and Wear Post Posted: Today at

FIVE RED wrote (View Post):An impressive collection. Not quite so impressive is the chatty bit of OSB board they're mounted on that's been 'neatly cut' to fit - under the stairs?. Doh

It may have been a "work in progress" and the management have changed priorities Laughing

I would have been more impressed if there was some story about why there re so many, such as "a model for each car in each race in Europe" for instance, rather than just being lots of them.

I think my local management would have a fit if I bid on them Willy and I would be the one under the stairs Rolling Eyes

#6: Re: C5R/C6R 1/43 Model collection Author: chevrolet Post Posted: Today at

See that in the ad, the seller says "some are unique made by myself". So I was (also) wondering if there was a model for all of the teams that have run/raced a C5R/C6R. But if that was the case, guess the seller would have said that?

Last edited by chevrolet on Mon 08 Jan 18 15:18; edited 1 time in total. [2 %]

#7: Re: C5R/C6R 1/43 Model collection Author: Rich Location: Bournemouth, England Post Posted: Today at

chevrolet wrote (View Post):See that in the ad, the seller says "some are unique made by myself". So I was (also) wondering if there was a model for all of the teams that have run/raced a C5R/C6R. But if that was the case, guess the seller would have said that?

There are Corvettes that have competed for which they is no model that I know of. There are also models made by other manufactures and not Spark or Minichamp. Also 1:18 and 1:10 models - I have 4 of the latter. The detail is amazing.

He has a very nice and varied collection though.

It's already up to 500 euros so I am out.

Incidentally, during a CCCUK trip to Holland a few years ago we visited a private collection of models housed in an industrial unit and everywhere possible in the guy's home. Who knows how many he had - 5,000? Now that's a collector!!

Last edited by Rich on Mon 08 Jan 18 17:44; edited 1 time in total. [16 %]

#8: Re: C5R/C6R 1/43 Model collection Author: JonnyC4 Location: Diest-Belgium Post Posted: Today at

I've got other brands, like Autoart, Spark, TrueScale, Boss, Greenlight, ERTL, Acem, GMP, etc.

I'm still waiting for another one in 1/43, this one:

CCCUK » Corvette Gossip » C5R/C6R 1/43 Model collection

Generated using printer-friendly.