CCCUK - The Classic Corvette Club UK

CCCUK » C5 Generation » C5 wipers go off the screen! Go to page: 1, 2 / Next  :| |:

#1: C5 wipers go off the screen! Author: Vetteheadtony Location: Essex Post Posted: Today at

Went out yesterday in the Z06 and it started raining, I was going quite fast and it was more windy than usual, when I turned on the wipers they flew past the edge of the screen quite violently.
I slowed down and they worked and parked fine, anyone had this trouble??

#2: Re: C5 wipers go off the screen! Author: philv8 Location: South West Post Posted: Today at

Not happened on my C5, but a couple of years ago a similar thing happened on my daughter's Fiat when on fast wipe. Turned out to perished bushes in the mechanism. If you lift the wiper is there any free movement? On the Fiat the blade was 'loose' to the tune of almost an inch either way. Replaced the bushes and it's been fine ever since.

Phil

#3: Re: C5 wipers go off the screen! Author: Vetteheadtony Location: Essex Post Posted: Today at

Iíll check that out Thumbs up

#4: Re: C5 wipers go off the screen! Author: UkBeancounter Location: Nottingham Post Posted: Today at

Same thing happens on my C4 at speed but not the C6.
Solution, buy a C6 and/or don't drive in the rain. Laughing

#5:  Author: eurovettes Location: Stevenage, Herts, UK Post Posted: Today at

maybe take off the cowl (carefully) the z06 screen is thinner and a bit fragile, after removing the wiper arms and check the linkages on the drivers side - this is a good time to also grapple with the udders (!!!) clear them out 2 drivers side, one under battery - when these clog on the drivers side the wiper mechanism and motor can get flooded.

cheers
keith

#6: Re: C5 wipers go off the screen! Author: Vetteheadtony Location: Essex Post Posted: Today at

UkBeancounter wrote (View Post):Same thing happens on my C4 at speed but not the C6.
Solution, buy a C6 and/or don't drive in the rain. Laughing
Thumbs up Thumbs up Rofl

#7:  Author: Vetteheadtony Location: Essex Post Posted: Today at

eurovettes wrote (View Post):maybe take off the cowl (carefully) the z06 screen is thinner and a bit fragile, after removing the wiper arms and check the linkages on the drivers side - this is a good time to also grapple with the udders (!!!) clear them out 2 drivers side, one under battery - when these clog on the drivers side the wiper mechanism and motor can get flooded.

cheers
keith

Thanks Keith Iíll check that out Thumbs up

#8:  Author: z06_tim Location: Warwick, UK Post Posted: Today at

Mine do this at speed too. It's quite disconcerting! This was at 150mph on the runway at RAF Wittering tho - Keith may remember this day.

Not sure what the threshold speed on mine will be, and I'm not planning trying it again!

#9:  Author: Vetteheadtony Location: Essex Post Posted: Today at

z06_tim wrote (View Post):Mine do this at speed too. It's quite disconcerting! This was at 150mph on the runway at RAF Wittering tho - Keith may remember this day.

Not sure what the threshold speed on mine will be, and I'm not planning trying it again!

I was up ther Tim, not as fast as you but surely this is not right on a car that does 180+ from the factory!

#10:  Author: Vetteheadtony Location: Essex Post Posted: Today at

Vetteheadtony wrote (View Post):z06_tim wrote (View Post):Mine do this at speed too. It's quite disconcerting! This was at 150mph on the runway at RAF Wittering tho - Keith may remember this day.

I was up ther Tim, not as fast as you but surely this is not right on a car that does 180+ from the factory!

Also, respect for doing 150mph in the rain! Laughing
CCCUK » C5 Generation » C5 wipers go off the screen! Go to page: 1, 2 / Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.