CCCUK - The Classic Corvette Club UK

CCCUK » C4 Generation » Optispark / Water Pump Go to page: Previous / 1, 2  :| |:

#11: Re: Optispark / Water Pump Author: eurovettes Location: Stevenage, Herts, UK Post Posted: Today at

I can arrange truck collection by trusted guy at cost
cheers
keith

#12: Re: Optispark / Water Pump Author: Blackadder Location: Kent Post Posted: Today at

UkBeancounter wrote (View Post):Ask Paul at Lincolnshire Corvette to fit an MSD vented Optispark for you.
I have had 3 Optispark's on my 94 previously and the only one that has lasted is the MSD.

If you do want to have a go your self It is a bit of a nightmare. The clearance for removing the water pump is minimal and the Optispark mounted behind it (thanks GM) is a bit of a pig to get back in.

The whole job seemed much easier when I sat there drinking Coffee watching Paul sort it Laughing

Agree, My 94 had a MSD vented Optispark fitted after the original one started failing . No more issues after that. Fit new water pump at same time is recommended.Not a job for the fainthearted though. Thumbs up

#13: Re: Optispark / Water Pump Author: voguev8 Location: Weymouth Post Posted: Today at

Ok due to lack of funds I went the cheap route and touch wood all seems ok.

I was going to use Adrian and have spoken to him, he recommended the MSD opti but looking at the cost of this plus waterpump the final bill for parts would have been near 800. Plus the labour to fit.

So I used Summit purchased there recommended opti plus pump and the cost was around 400. I then used a local chap to fit (I gave him the Haynes manual and some antifreeze) 3 hours and 80 later all done with no issues and running perfect.

I suppose the route I took will mean I might have to do it again sooner than if I used better quality parts but looking at forum views on optis it would seem alot of it is down to luck. At least I should be able to enjoy my car this summer and see what happens from there.

#14: Re: Optispark / Water Pump Author: eurovettes Location: Stevenage, Herts, UK Post Posted: Today at

For future reference guys
I have the Dorman Optispark in stock for 92-94 185
New non GM water pump for same in stock 125
total 310 plus delivery

Have fitted these in the past with no issues
cheers
keith
CCCUK » C4 Generation » Optispark / Water Pump Go to page: Previous / 1, 2  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.