CCCUK - The Classic Corvette Club UK

CCCUK » C3 Generation » ping ping or maybe beep beep

#1: ping ping or maybe beep beep Author: fordpop52 Location: LEATHERHEAD SURREY Post Posted: Today at

Hi All
Sometimes when driving the C3 i get this sound off beep or ping sounds coming from inside on the drivers side
Hard to explain the sound sometimes 4 or 6 dongs?

thanks in advance for any answers

#2: Re: ping ping or maybe beep beep Author: kentvette Location: Loir Valley, France Post Posted: Today at

I think we need a bit more info Laughing

Where about "inside", front or rear, or under the dash? Is the noise loud, or soft like a "modern car" seat belt warning etc?

In what driving conditions does it present - hard acceleration, braking, turning?

Always tricky to narrow these things down isn't it!

#3: Re: ping ping or maybe beep beep Author: fordpop52 Location: LEATHERHEAD SURREY Post Posted: Today at

under dash drivers side and quite soft noise only when driving around 40 to 60 mph

#4:  Author: Mick Howes Location: Dorset or wherever my Vette takes me! Post Posted: Today at

It's the 'you're driving too slow' alert😁😁😁

#5: Re: ping ping or maybe beep beep Author: kentvette Location: Loir Valley, France Post Posted: Today at

Nice one Mick! Laughing

Might it be coming from the speedo - ie, the innards of the speedo?

#6: Re: ping ping or maybe beep beep Author: fordpop52 Location: LEATHERHEAD SURREY Post Posted: Today at

All
Used the car for work today and the ping/beep from driver side under dash did it a few times also when not moving at T junction and also at around 40-50 mph
What the hell is it?
Ta all

#7: Re: ping ping or maybe beep beep Author: curious bystander Location: Derbyshire Post Posted: Today at

If yours is like mine the alarm horn is engine side on the drivers side firewall.

If the alarm switch is starting to short out you will get intermittent peeping noises.
If it shorts out completely you'll be deafened. And attract a big crowd.

Try disconnecting the horn wire (awkward to reach Doh ) and see if that cures it
CCCUK » C3 Generation » ping ping or maybe beep beep

Generated using printer-friendly.