CCCUK - The Classic Corvette Club UK

CCCUK » Corvette Gossip » New member moving to Scotland with C2

#1: New member moving to Scotland with C2 Author: Jan25 Location: near Geneva, Switzerland Post Posted: Today at

Hi all,

Just registered as a new CCCUK and forum member. I am moving to Scotland (Perth region) in November from Switzerland, near Geneva.

There is no way I will be leaving my '66 Coupe behind!

It's the twin sister of a C2 owned by forum user "Vipergts" (that I bumped into on the US forum).

Looking forward to sharing tips with you guys on the forum, and maybe meet some of you, although I realize I'm quite far away up North...

I'll be especially interested in help / tips with paperwork to get my car registered in the UK, as my current insurance will only cover me for 12 weeks after arrival. They seem inclined to extend this for a bit, but only as long as I can show that the UK registration is under way.

Cheers,

#2: Re: New member moving to Scotland with C2 Author: curious bystander Location: Derbyshire Post Posted: Today at

Welcome to the Club Jan - great looking car Thumbs up

Perhaps a set of snow tyres would be in order Scratchchin Laughing

#3: Re: New member moving to Scotland with C2 Author: Jan25 Location: near Geneva, Switzerland Post Posted: Today at

Thanks!

My Vredestein are -somewhat curiously- rated "M+S", but I doubt my car will see much action in winter: Rear-wheel drive and snow, salt and steel frame, both bad combinations.

#4: Re: New member moving to Scotland with C2 Author: Texastrike Location: Lincolnshire Post Posted: Today at

Look on the DVLA (Official) website, there will probably be a section that deals exactly with your situation.

#5: Re: New member moving to Scotland with C2 Author: DAN@ADRIAN FLUX Location: Norfolk Post Posted: Today at

Hi and welcome.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help.
Regards,
Dan.

#6: Re: New member moving to Scotland with C2 Author: Jan25 Location: near Geneva, Switzerland Post Posted: Today at

Thanks for the tips and offers for help!
Well noted and much appreciated.

Last edited by Jan25 on Mon 09 Jul 18 09:42; edited 1 time in total. [30 %]

#7: Re: New member moving to Scotland with C2 Author: Ranger Location: Glasgow Post Posted: Today at

Welcome Jan

Stunning car and a great addition to the Scottish group. There are a few members in and around Perth so you won't be alone.

Rob

#8: Re: New member moving to Scotland with C2 Author: Jan25 Location: near Geneva, Switzerland Post Posted: Today at

Good to know, thanks Rob!
CCCUK » Corvette Gossip » New member moving to Scotland with C2

Generated using printer-friendly.