» WTB: C6 Auto Coupe For Sale? by Atomic UK on Fri 09 Nov 18 02:27

» Spring Compressor by L88 on Thu 08 Nov 18 22:01

» My Ideal Vette by Jack75 on Thu 08 Nov 18 16:59

» Refurbishing wheels, factory finish by RumblinRon on Thu 08 Nov 18 13:45

» Visual differences US and Export models? by BlackZeD on Thu 08 Nov 18 13:28

» Help with newly acquired 72 350 Auto by Jimbo64 on Wed 07 Nov 18 16:52

» Coilovers by Daytona Vette on Wed 07 Nov 18 11:10

» CCCUK West Sussex meeting in November by robbiew on Wed 07 Nov 18 10:48

» South Central Regional Supper Club Meet by Daytona Vette on Tue 06 Nov 18 17:35

» Car Control by philv8 on Tue 06 Nov 18 14:51

» BBCN Region CHRISTMAS Dinner by Nicetie on Tue 06 Nov 18 12:54

» New Exhaust Controller for non-TPP C6 going cheap by 86vetteman on Tue 06 Nov 18 11:52

» Corvette required by roscobbc on Mon 05 Nov 18 22:19

» Original 2009 C6 tyres by BlackZeD on Mon 05 Nov 18 18:04

» What did you do with your Vette today? by Norm on Mon 05 Nov 18 16:36

» Air chambers by roppa440 on Mon 05 Nov 18 15:41

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2018 Opening Hours by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX on Mon 05 Nov 18 14:03

» South Central Regional Meeting and Midlands-ish Breakfast Club - November by Daytona Vette on Mon 05 Nov 18 12:56

C6 Recall, Parts and Service Centre

Go to page: 1, 2 / Next

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyView next topic

Author

Rich

Club Member

Wed 30 Oct 13 17:12

C6 Recall, Parts and Service Centre

The following may assist any C6 owners in the South.

Ian Allen Motors of Virgina Water (www.ianallanmotors.com) are a Cadillac Authorised Repairer having taken over from Whitequay Reading. They are able to obtain parts and perform service on all GM USA Brands including Corvette, but they are not a Corvette Franchised Repairer.

They are also able to assist with any Open Recall, regardless of model or brand.

Naturally, their experience of Corvette is limited, but they do have one technician from Whitequay.

Last edited by Rich on Wed 30 Oct 13 17:13; edited 1 time in total. [0 %]
--------------------
Rich Rogers
CCCUK Lifetime Member
2017 Yellow SS Camaro

Jack Cooper

Club Member

Fri 01 Nov 13 21:35

Useful info - many thanks, Rich.
J.C. (1911)

Blackadder

Regional Rep

Fri 01 Nov 13 22:29

Re: C6 Recall, Parts and Service Centre

Thanks Jack, Have made a note. Thumbs up

--------------------
If you are apt to get a "stiffy" looking at a hybrid. You are probably on the wrong website

Rich

Club Member

Sat 02 Nov 13 09:51

Blackadder wrote (View Post):Thanks Jack, Have made a note. Thumbs up

Yeah, thanks Jack Banghead Banghead

John - are you beginning to feel your age???

--------------------
Rich Rogers
CCCUK Lifetime Member
2017 Yellow SS Camaro

danny_acs

New Comer

Mon 20 Jul 15 10:09

Apologies, this may be a very stupid questions, but would these recall services be performed for free in the UK for a US car? I assume if I called them with the VIN number, they would be able to check if any recalls are due? Thank you!

FranV8

Awww... join the CCCUK!

Mon 20 Jul 15 11:06

I think you have your answer there - give them a call? They seem a friendly bunch. Their web address is at the top in Rich's post.

--------------------
1995 Corvette LT1 6-Speed Coupe
2007 Honda UFO

Previous
1986 Corvette Z51 Coupe

Yellowshark

Club Member

Mon 20 Jul 15 12:16

I am not sure how effective they would be on the recall front. I called them several weeks ago and they were not able to get any information on my C5 from the GM database. It made me think that GM had changed the rules/database/admin methods, whatever. But as Richard says they are NOT a franchised Corvette dealership that may well explain it.
The point is that if they cannot get at your information they will not know what your recall status is. I guess they may be able to send an email to someone in the GM organisation to get that info for them but they lack experience and during my conversation with them I did not get the impression that they had any contacts that they established a relationship with that would allow them to make a quick tele call to someone in GM. My conversation was with the service dept. not the sales dept.

Oh and I called them for an export hazard switch which they were not able to help me with - ultimately I found one myself (with help from C5 guys in the States).

Rich

Club Member

Mon 20 Jul 15 12:33

Yellowshark wrote (View Post): But as Richard says they are NOT a franchised Corvette dealership that may well explain it

They are now - this is an old thread.

--------------------
Rich Rogers
CCCUK Lifetime Member
2017 Yellow SS Camaro

Rich

Club Member

Mon 20 Jul 15 12:41

danny_acs wrote (View Post):Apologies, this may be a very stupid questions, but would these recall services be performed for free in the UK for a US car? I assume if I called them with the VIN number, they would be able to check if any recalls are due? Thank you!

The answer is here:

http://www.corvetteclub.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=14477&start=1...

I made a request to GM on behalf of the CCCUK members to include all C6s (regardless of origin) in the recall and they agreed. Perhaps we could persuade you to join the CCCUK?

"The update on the recall is as follows:

There will be a Safety Recall (2005 to 2007 MY) and a Customer Satisfaction Campaign (2008 to 2013 MY) running at the same time.

SAFETY RECALL - will be performed on all 2005 to 2007 Corvettes officially sold in Europe by GM (or its representatives). Owners should receive a letter. The recall will also be performed on Grey Imported vehicles, but owners will not receive a letter and need to contact an Authorised Dealer who will arrange the recall.

CUSTOMER SATISFACTIONS are treated slightly different. In the case of this recall it covers 2008 to 2013 MY. Normally, recalls under a Customer Satisfaction Campaign are only performed on those vehicles that were sold officially by the GM business units in the relevant region and are not usually performed on Grey Imported vehicles. However, in this particular instance, GM will perform the Recall and Customer Satisfaction repair on all vehicles, either Grey Imported or officially sold. Owners will not receive a letter and need to contact an Authorised Dealer who will arrange the recall free of charge.

Basically, the recall involves splicing an extra length of wire into the existing wiring."

--------------------
Rich Rogers
CCCUK Lifetime Member
2017 Yellow SS Camaro

Yellowshark

Club Member

Mon 20 Jul 15 13:00

Lol so it is silly But it does not change my very recent experience/observation - maybe GM have changed the rules and a UK franchised dealership does not have access to this database. The guys in Manchester did have access because they used it when I was on the phone ordering parts. I am pretty sure Southampton Saab had access too - or if not, they did have contact with GM Europe technical support.

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyPrivate MessengerView next topic

Go to page: 1, 2 / Next

Permissions