CCCUK logo

Heritage Insurance

Website Control

Recent threads

New Forum Posts

» Was this a thing?? by roscobbc on Tue 23 Jan 18 08:00

» Sunday Scramble - Bicester Heritage Centre by curious bystander on Mon 22 Jan 18 20:07

» Le Mans 24 Hour by kentvette on Mon 22 Jan 18 17:38

» Leeds Castle Motors by the Moat Sunday 13th May 2018 by 7YEL on Mon 22 Jan 18 13:47

» BBCN Region January Meet by oldtimer on Mon 22 Jan 18 13:42

» Breakfast Club Meet FEBRUARY by Daytona Vette on Mon 22 Jan 18 13:16

» Concours of Elegance by 7YEL on Mon 22 Jan 18 13:14

» Electric Question by Daytona Vette on Mon 22 Jan 18 13:03

» Black '68 by CaptainK on Mon 22 Jan 18 11:41

» C3 headlights . by Chuffer on Mon 22 Jan 18 10:45

» Query on C5 TPM sensor nut torque setting by roppa440 on Mon 22 Jan 18 09:51

» Who to use? by roscobbc on Sun 21 Jan 18 20:45

» BBCN Region February meet at Meguires by autocolor on Sun 21 Jan 18 09:56

» New Exhaust System by eurovettes on Sat 20 Jan 18 20:56

» 5 German Corvette on a North England trip in May by HGW on Sat 20 Jan 18 15:23

» 1976 C3 5.7L Auto For Sale by born2bmild on Sat 20 Jan 18 14:04

» Vinyl hardtop by sublimemike on Sat 20 Jan 18 13:53

» About to buy a C6 by Fishy Dave on Fri 19 Jan 18 22:46

» Steering Wheel Position Sensor - Reset? by Le Vette on Fri 19 Jan 18 17:21

» Zo6 lost all power by Fraser on Fri 19 Jan 18 14:19

» iva test by hoo-raa-boy on Thu 18 Jan 18 18:19

» Classic Car + Autojumble - Hampshire by curious bystander on Thu 18 Jan 18 18:12

» Tyres for Corvette C6 Grand Sport 2011 by BlackZeD on Thu 18 Jan 18 15:36

» C5 Interior Re-Trim by Invetterate on Thu 18 Jan 18 13:32

» BBCN Region January Meet by Nicetie on Thu 18 Jan 18 13:03

» Ordering Spares From The States by FIVE RED on Wed 17 Jan 18 21:09

» [ KB ] C4 Windshield Wiper Adjustments by Ben on Wed 17 Jan 18 19:25

» Steve Cauldwell - DART Corvette by curious bystander on Wed 17 Jan 18 17:16

» C5 wipers go off the screen! by z06_tim on Wed 17 Jan 18 13:21

» What did you do with your Vette today? by 1997BlackC5 on Wed 17 Jan 18 11:58

What did you do with your Vette today?

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3 ... , 184, 185, 186 / Next

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyView next topic

Author

weslp00

Club Member

Sun 29 Oct 17 18:38

Re: What did you do with your Vette today?

'Ello BlackZed... whats this billet bearing support??? Bigear

BlackZeD

Club Member

Sun 29 Oct 17 19:04

Hi there

It is the black wotsit on the right in the monster clutches link that i posted.
They can be got from other places but monster made them first so im gonna stick with them.
Also sent you a pm back

Dave.

--------------------
Don't take life too seriously, after all, your not coming out of it alive.

weslp00

Club Member

Sun 29 Oct 17 21:10

Ah ha gotcha..its all falling into place now ! Yes

FIVE RED

Club Member

Tue 31 Oct 17 13:24

Sorn'd it for the winter Sad
Got the Dodge to play with now though Cool

--------------------
Graham.
C5 owner & very happy about it!

JonnyC4

Vette News

Thu 02 Nov 17 11:38

Working on the C4 35th anniversary for the second day in a row. Yesterday I clayed the body up and polished the C4 after it, like a mirror.

Today some more parts replaced like some sealing on the front wheel bays, cleaned the wheels and checked the fluids of the engine. I think that the most work on the engine bay needs to be done at the NEC, as the engine bay will be dusty again on arrival.

The C4 will be ready for the trip to Birmingham and the CCCUK stand next Thursday.

--------------------
Compositor of club magazine
Owner of 1988 #1782 35th anniversary Corvette

FelixP

Regular

Thu 28 Dec 17 12:09

Fitted the smog pump bypass kit. It's amazing how much you can remove! I also put on a new belt and tensioner. I gave the car a full service too and renewed the front brake pad clips. Now I have no rattles!!!

For Christmas my girlfriend bought me a very nice Auto Art die-cast model, so I took that for a spin too!

--------------------
1989 Corvette C4 L98 6 speed ZF with Z51 & FX3

stevel98

Awww... join the CCCUK!

Thu 28 Dec 17 14:07

FelixP wrote (View Post):Fitted the smog pump bypass kit. It's amazing how much you can remove!

Did that too, including its solenoid and other electrical fittings under the plenum, as the pump's bearing was screaming at me. The entire AC/Intercooler system is gone too as the pump didn't work and I replaced it with a simple idler. Cruise control, entire evap system (got no vacuum piping anywhere apart from the servo, fpr and ventilation controls). Radio (didn't work) and four speakers. Few other random bits are gone too and not an SES code to be seen!

I suppose I should really have fixed them all, but they serve me no useful purpose and I like the simplicity of my car now and I didn't buy it as an investment. I work with medical electronic systems all day and have no interest in pursuing even more when I get home, prefer to spend my money and time to keep all the other vital systems in good shape instead..

The C4's water pump runs backwards compared to a C3's, so if you fit a C3 water pump you can lose the smog kit and AC, and fit a much shorter drive belt with underdriven pulleys to gain a few more bhp.

stevel98

Awww... join the CCCUK!

Thu 28 Dec 17 14:16

I see you have the cruise disconnected. Not working?

What kind or headers are those? Any good? No leaks? Scratchchin

Thinking of doing that too as I still have the stock cast manifolds with those inserted pipes. Apart from looking crap, they are a bit restrictive too..

I'm currently scoping the net for what am best headers for a C4. I thought about getting cast performance headers after reading about sealing problems on the tubular steel type.

FelixP

Regular

Wed 03 Jan 18 11:40

You're right, my cruise isn't working. I'm going to redo all my vac lines and look into it, the weather is horrible at the moment though! It'd be nice to have it working for longer journeys and I couldn't be without AC in a black car with a bronze tinted roof in summer!!

I have the cheaper Hedmans. I stripped off the black transit paint and gave them a few coats of BBQ paint from B&Q, which is holding up to the temp fine. Then I got my trusted local mechanic to fit them, he had to remove the dipstick and starter on the passenger side, otherwise they just bolted straight up. So far there's no leaks and the car pulls noticeably better at higher RPM. I have a true dual exhaust too, it produces a nice, deep sound.

On NYE as is tradition, a bunch of us met up to do a few laps of the tunnels & underpasses in Cardiff. The VXR8 sounded incredible!

--------------------
1989 Corvette C4 L98 6 speed ZF with Z51 & FX3

FIVE RED

Club Member

Sun 07 Jan 18 17:50

Got the car up on the lift for the winter jobs.
So far I've removed the Bassani X pipe as it's got a hole on one of the welds (discovered on MOT), easy fix by the guys over the road.
Also started replacing the discs and pads with Powerstop units - really nice. Got the fronts done but while doing the rears I thought it'd be an opportunity to find out why the handbrake is so poor. Apart from a bit of crap in there the adjuster and shoes look to be ok, the shoes measuring 3mm thick so unlikely to need replacing.
Doing research on the adjustment it all seems to rely on the notched adjuster to spread the shoes. Although I've read that the handbrake lever can be adjusted by pulling up 3 times, this only applies to any slack in the cables, it does nothing for the shoes.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I can't see how the shoes can 'self adjust'. I can see how the thing works - move the adjuster to the left to spread the shoes. Some cars have a small hole in the disc so that a flat screwdriver can be inserted to move the adjuster, my discs don't have this hole, nor do the new discs have it.
I'm tempted to drill a small hole so that I can adjust the handbrake without taking the disc off, obviously a large hole may be a balance issue but it only needs to be 5mm or so.
Any thoughts? Scratchchin

--------------------
Graham.
C5 owner & very happy about it!

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyPrivate MessengerView next topic

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3 ... , 184, 185, 186 / Next

Permissions