CCCUK logo

Ian Allan Motors

Website Control

Recent threads

New Forum Posts

» Look what is happening at Santa Pod by Daytona Vette on Thu 23 Nov 17 03:10

» New Teslas.. by roscobbc on Wed 22 Nov 17 23:15

» North Wales & Cheshire Vette Owner - 2018 Meets by curious bystander on Wed 22 Nov 17 22:29

» Fame Valkenburg by Rich on Wed 22 Nov 17 22:26

» HVAC Vacuum Programmer by gary 53 on Wed 22 Nov 17 19:40

» Interesting C7 Seller (Adrian Reynard) by chevrolet on Wed 22 Nov 17 12:56

» Problem using Website by WelshVette on Wed 22 Nov 17 09:22

» Very inactive here by roscobbc on Wed 22 Nov 17 00:34

» Maisto 1:18 Scale '57 Corvette by VetteWeekend on Tue 21 Nov 17 21:51

» Alternators and Starters by CaptainK on Tue 21 Nov 17 08:52

» Drag Race your Corvette by CaptainK on Tue 21 Nov 17 08:46

» Gas Tank by macquigley on Mon 20 Nov 17 08:18

» Roadster Shop's '63 Vette at SEMA 2017 by chevrolet on Sun 19 Nov 17 10:21

» Parkers Guide C6 Prices by Vetteheadtony on Sat 18 Nov 17 21:16

» Classic American mag by Vetteheadtony on Sat 18 Nov 17 20:49

» Diablew Intune I2 software tuner GM Vehicles 1999 to 2008 by dex99 on Sat 18 Nov 17 15:21

» For Sale Custom LS6 intake by dex99 on Sat 18 Nov 17 15:20

» trying to find MIJ3700 red manual 77 by chevrolet on Fri 17 Nov 17 11:48

» Great Western Classic Car Show by curious bystander on Fri 17 Nov 17 10:57

» New Years Day at Claremont Corvette by kentvette on Fri 17 Nov 17 10:52

» Manual window regulator for 1969 C3 by Daytona Vette on Thu 16 Nov 17 23:49

» Performance Car Show - NEC by curious bystander on Thu 16 Nov 17 20:10

» Brooklands Museum - Weybridge by curious bystander on Thu 16 Nov 17 19:49

» Lowering my c4 by stuart2379 on Thu 16 Nov 17 19:06

» ZR1 Dubai Debut by kentvette on Thu 16 Nov 17 16:04

» C5 Stormforce Outdoor Cover For Sale by MShaky on Thu 16 Nov 17 15:37

» C4 Headlight conversions.. by gary 53 on Thu 16 Nov 17 09:29

» Corvette C5 clutch noise. by shorty on Wed 15 Nov 17 21:03

» C5 by 5 USA on Wed 15 Nov 17 20:58

» Laying the Car up for Winter? Not This Guy! by z06_tim on Tue 14 Nov 17 20:05

"UK spec" C7 Headlights

Go to page: 1, 2 / Next

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyView next topic

Author

chevrolet

Club Member

Sat 21 Oct 17 16:20

"UK spec" C7 Headlights

Hi Guys - Was hoping that one of you with a UK spec/supplied car, could/would answer my question in this thread. i.e. Are the headlights "flatbeam," or do they dip to the left? Thanks.

http://www.corvetteclub.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=18450&pos...

--------------------
AKA "Silver C6" on Pistonheads

C7KEN

Addict

Sat 21 Oct 17 17:47

The ‘imported’ C7 requires No Modification or Adjustment to pass the IVA and Subsequent MOT if that Helps

--------------------
Previous cars C5 Z06: C6 Auto: C6 Z06 LeMans Blue: C6 Z06 in Black fully 'Blacked out' and Slammed
Back with a Corvette Stingray C7 finished in Velocity Yellow with Red 3LT trim Z51 Performance Package with Magnetic Selective Ride

chevrolet

Club Member

Sat 21 Oct 17 17:59

Re: "UK spec" C7 Headlights

Thanks Ken. But I would like to know if a UK spec car does in fact have "unique" left dipping headlights? Or are they the same as a US and/or Euro mainland car i.e "flatbeam" ? Yes, my MoT guy told me 5 years ago that left dipping headlights are not a requirement to pass the MoT.

Last edited by chevrolet on Sat 21 Oct 17 18:03; edited 1 time in total. [23 %]
--------------------

MIKERED

Club Member

Mon 23 Oct 17 17:01

Can't speak for the UK spec car's, but my C7 is Euro spec and I can confirm that the beam is flat. The very first thing I did after driving the car from Belgian was got an M O T station to check them out and they were fine.
MIKERED.

Rich

Club Member

Tue 24 Oct 17 07:32

The easy way to find out is to ask the owner of a UK C7 to check the RPOs. For C5 and C6 the headlight RPO was T84 and T85. No RPO = US lights.

From what Mike said, it looks like there was no change to the lights as previous Euro spec generations had different beam patterns - "T84 Right hand rule of the road"

--------------------
Rich Rogers
CCCUK Lifetime Member
2017 Yellow LT1 Camaro

chevrolet

Club Member

Tue 24 Oct 17 14:46

MIKERED wrote (View Post):Can't speak for the UK spec car's, but my C7 is Euro spec and I can confirm that the beam is flat. The very first thing I did after driving the car from Belgian was got an M O T station to check them out and they were fine.
MIKERED.

Thanks Mike/Appreciated Thumbs up I am presuming that when you bought yours, the DVLA was happy to register it on the basis that it had a European Certificate of Conformity (CoC) certificate, and didn't require any testing therefore? As you may have seen on the Pistonheads link, "SoopDogg" ("RedDogg" on here?) said:

"If you import a used car from the EU as an individual, DVLA insist that you still have it checked and signed off by an MOT inspector, to say that the lights conform to UK regs before they will allow you to register it." So maybe the rules have changed?

--------------------

chevrolet

Club Member

Tue 24 Oct 17 15:04

Rich wrote (View Post):The easy way to find out is to ask the owner of a UK C7 to check the RPOs. For C5 and C6 the headlight RPO was T84 and T85. No RPO = US lights.

From what Mike said, it looks like there was no change to the lights as previous Euro spec generations had different beam patterns - "T84 Right hand rule of the road"

Thanks Rich. Good point about the RPO codes. Being a bit of a couch potato in attending meets, I don't know anyone with a UK spec C7, hence my query on here.

I did phone Ian Allan in 2016. They told me that the C7 was like C6 (i.e there is a UK spec headlight, and a Euro mainland spec headlight (as well as the US one)). Not sure that is correct? If I do a search on C7 Corvette Stingray Headlights RPO codes, it doesn't bring anything up, so looks to me that they all have the same headlights?

--------------------

chevrolet

Club Member

Sat 28 Oct 17 12:21

Dropped into Ian Allan this morning to look at the new C7s on display and talked to John the Service Manager.

Per John, "They have had to change C7 headlights for customers" He then phoned someone from Corvette/Cadillac, who said that UK and Euro mainland cars do have unique (part number) left or right dipping headlights, but John is "not saying a Euro mainland car will not pass the MoT".

Last edited by chevrolet on Sat 28 Oct 17 12:31; edited 1 time in total. [1 %]
--------------------

5 USA

Club Member

Sat 28 Oct 17 13:16

Cars sold officially in Europe need European type approval, which is tougher than both MOT and IVA. [IVA is tougher than MOT]There are market specific requirements for headlamp beam pattern, headlamp washers and also which side a single rear foglamp is fitted.

It's the European type approval which enables cars to have a COC (certificate of conformity) and straightforward registration between EU member states.

Do Euro C7s have one rear fog lamp or two? If one, it has to be the correct side for LHD or RHD. When my Euro C5 was delivered it had two rear foglamp/reflector units. Both were wired-up but only the right hand one had a bulb.

--------------------
The Stingray has landed!

big red one

Club Member

Tue 31 Oct 17 07:39

I can confirm that if you buy a EU supplied car the right hand headlamp does in fact kick up,maybe kick is to strong a word.

Its a lift, so its definitely higher on the right.

Last edited by big red one on Tue 31 Oct 17 07:44; edited 1 time in total. [32 %]

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyPrivate MessengerView next topic

Go to page: 1, 2 / Next

Permissions