CCCUK logo

ShipMyCar.co.uk

Website Control

Recent threads

New Forum Posts

» How Many Miles Does Your Corvette Get Driven? by roppa440 on Tue 11 Dec 18 10:22

» What did you do with your Vette today? by roppa440 on Tue 11 Dec 18 08:33

» Bloodhound SSC by Atomic UK on Mon 10 Dec 18 13:04

» Spotted C2 by Jan25 on Mon 10 Dec 18 09:01

» Help with newly acquired 72 350 Auto by Jimbo64 on Sun 09 Dec 18 21:33

» Facebook page by fat_jogger on Sun 09 Dec 18 19:36

» O.m.g. by Redlevel on Sun 09 Dec 18 17:35

» Trimmer/upholsterer by roscobbc on Sun 09 Dec 18 17:15

» C5 Harmonic balancer wobbling! by therabster on Sat 08 Dec 18 22:02

» My C8 Grump by Vetteheadtony on Sat 08 Dec 18 13:05

» C7 Z06 by MShaky on Fri 07 Dec 18 15:17

» Replacement head unit for US spec C6 by Young Bill on Fri 07 Dec 18 10:10

» Kelsey Hayes Aluminum Wheels by Daytona Vette on Thu 06 Dec 18 01:05

» Thames Vally Region trip to Studio 434 by Nicetie on Wed 05 Dec 18 22:33

» C6 LED halos by autocolor on Wed 05 Dec 18 19:20

» Another day, another Mid-Engine Corvette thread by Norm on Wed 05 Dec 18 19:05

» 2007 C6 ZO6, Manual. by Fraser on Wed 05 Dec 18 15:50

» 2019 Nationals by curious bystander on Wed 05 Dec 18 11:15

» Replacing Fuel Filter by robbiew on Tue 04 Dec 18 18:28

» South Central Breakfast Club by Daytona Vette on Mon 03 Dec 18 12:52

» Differential Rebuild by Nick B on Sun 02 Dec 18 18:51

» Trans fluid by Nigelcurry on Sun 02 Dec 18 12:28

» wheels by robbiew on Sun 02 Dec 18 09:25

» The EVENTS CALENDAR by kentvette on Sat 01 Dec 18 15:25

» 1982 Collectors Edition by kentvette on Sat 01 Dec 18 15:23

» Magazine Purchase? by roscobbc on Sat 01 Dec 18 10:19

» 1976 ''Spirit of Le Mans'' Corvette by Atomic UK on Thu 29 Nov 18 18:00

» Speedo not working by kentvette on Thu 29 Nov 18 16:29

» International Corvette & Camaro Meeting 2019 - 20th Anniversary by Alexa-Italy on Wed 28 Nov 18 09:40

» Why did you buy your corvette by Wacjac on Tue 27 Nov 18 20:46

Le Mans 24 Hour

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3, 4 / Next

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyView next topic

Author

UkBeancounter

Club Member

Sat 31 Mar 18 12:08

Re: Le Mans 24 Hour

Gerard has now released the booking form for the 2018 Coral. The website does not appear to like Excel file uploads so PM me if you want a copy.
Text of the email for those who have not received it:

All right guys and gals : the 2018 Corvette Corral is on: Cadillac Europe and Corvette Racing have again agreed to support our organization this coming June!

We’ll be located at the same site as in 2017 within the Technoparc (47.942514, 0.217200): a clean and convenient arrangement by our friends at Acropolis who by the way also offer temporary accommodation for the race week (www.acropolis.fr).

Great food from Olivier, Martine and their team!

This year, I booked 4 grandstand seats : 2 Tertre Rouge and 2 Lagache, which will be again won in 2-hour periods at the raffle drawing on Friday night.

Please fill up the attached signup form and send it back to me; early payment will help me book all necessary goodies for a neat Corral experience.

Two new things this year:

1) The Association “Virage de Mulsanne » has selected Corvette as the honored brand for their traditional Friday event: they hope to get hundreds of cars exhibited on the Le Mans track around the Mulsanne curve. The 2018 program will be live soon on their website (http://www.viragedemulsanne.org) but as you can judge from pictures and videos from past occurences, the event is complete with food, drinks, games, exhibitions, a nice way to spend the day before the race. Exhibition is free and one can sign up on their website.

2) Hold your breath: the ACO has just one spot left for track laps: 3 (THREE!) laps, 25 cars max. Saturday morning from 7:30 to 8:10. Yes. Now take a deep one: 1’500€ a pop (mind you, that’s 25% off original proposal!). Start negotiating at home. And then respond to me QUICKLY (reply even before filling form!) as this opportunity will disappear just as fast as it came! Please note that this is a flat-fee proposal: we need all 25 cars to get this rate!

Looking forward to reading from you, and to seeing you mid-June!

Best regards

Gerard

Gerards email address = gplanche55 @ gmail.com

There is also a Twitter Post regarding the Coral.

Not sure I can afford the 500Euro per lap track time this year, it used to be 50Euro per lap !

Jason

Last edited by UkBeancounter on Sat 31 Mar 18 12:09; edited 1 time in total. [1 %]
--------------------
Sorry I can't come to work today, I need to see the Vette.

philv8

Club Member

Sun 01 Apr 18 07:38

Always fancied doing that, just to say I had, but 1500 Euros for 25 miles! If it had been April 1st it would have been a laugh.

Never understand why they leave it so late to sort the corral out, when most people who might like to take advantage of it will have already booked accommodation/parking last year to make sure they can get in.

kentvette

Club Member

Sun 01 Apr 18 20:35

Good to see that Gerard has highlighted the Virage Mulsanne event. Full details on the previous page of tis thread, but suffice to say that there are already a good number of Corvettes registered.

We attended a "launch evening" a couple of weeks ago and we reminded that only the first 100 registrations receive the signed version of the very nice plaque which carries a painting by local artist Ray Toombs.

--------------------
Stephen J Irons
CCCUK Lifetime Member
Corvette Club France
Corvettes of Southern California
NCM Family Member
Stephen & June's Web Site
Red Corvettes Have More Fun!

Apple IS Genisys!
The "Born-Again Greenies" are killing the planet! It's time to wake up and smell the rain-forest burning!

Le Vette

Regional Rep

Mon 02 Apr 18 12:51

I went to the 'Le Mans Retro' event yesterday and very good it was too. I'll post some pics of the event on the CCCUK facebook page. There was a booth publicising the 'Virage de Mulsanne' event, so I registered there and then and it looks like it'll be a great Corvette event. As has been mentioned, the first 100 vettes to register will get the VIP treatment, so if you're around on the Friday it'll certainly be a highlight. We plan to visit the Classic British Welcome at St Saturnin first, but should be at Mulsanne around lunchtime... Thumbs up

--------------------
Peter Sansbury
CCCUK International Rep

May the Force be Quite a Long Way Behind You

kentvette

Club Member

Mon 02 Apr 18 21:06

Pete, I'd hoped to be at the Retro event this year, if only to ask about selling some mags! But, over in the "sunny UK" till tomorrow!

Hope to see you at Virage Mulsanne, if not before! Thumbs up

--------------------
Stephen J Irons
CCCUK Lifetime Member
Corvette Club France
NCM Family Member

Apple IS Genisys!
The "Born-Again Greenies" are killing the planet! It's time to wake up and smell the rain-forest burning!

kentvette

Club Member

Sun 27 May 18 16:02

I received today a short up-date on the Virage Mulsanne event on the Friday before the 24 Hours. This is the text from David Mousty, the president of the organising association.:

Dear collectors,

We were very pleased to host you last year during our « Virage de Mulsanne » event.
All the team is working hard and is committed to make our 7th edition, which will celebrate the mythical CORVETTE brand a big success.

We are expecting not less than 100 Corvette, from C1 to C7 and 500+ other cars.

If you want to join us during on June 15th, please register using the links as follows :

· For Corvette cars owner : http://www.viragedemulsanne.org/fr/inscription-exposants-cor...
· For the other cars owner : http://www.viragedemulsanne.org/fr/formulaire-inscription-ex...
Don’t hesitate to share these links with your friedns that would like to come with us !

Would you like to see our 2017 film : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSIMuQJRQ0Q&feature=yout...

Hope to see you again this year.

WIth kind regards,

David MOUSTY – Président de l’Association Virage de Mulsanne
(Please think to come early in the morning as we are expecting a high number of cars this year )

If you're coming down for the race, you could do a lot worse than be at Mulsanne! Looking forward to meeting some of you there.

--------------------
Stephen J Irons
CCCUK Lifetime Member
Corvette Club France
NCM Family Member

Apple IS Genisys!

Le Vette

Regional Rep

Tue 29 May 18 16:34

Just a small word of caution.

We've been conscious that the French appear to have taken over/hijacked the Classic British Welcome to some degree (all the prime spots are now occupied by French-registered cars) and it seems to me that the Virage de Mulsanne event is a very similar event to the CBW at St Saturnin. So whilst I'm looking forward to both events, I do think the 'Virage' event is maybe one for this year only (given the Corvette theme).

Maybe the writing is on the wall for the CBW and it may eventually become the 'Bienvenue Classique Francaise', peut etre (if it hasn't already!)....? Doh

--------------------
Peter Sansbury
CCCUK International Rep

kentvette

Club Member

Wed 30 May 18 08:29

Le Vette wrote (View Post):
Just a small word of caution.

We've been conscious that the French appear to have taken over/hijacked the Classic British Welcome to some degree (all the prime spots are now occupied by French-registered cars) and it seems to me that the Virage de Mulsanne event is a very similar event to the CBW at St Saturnin. So whilst I'm looking forward to both events, I do think the 'Virage' event is maybe one for this year only (given the Corvette theme).

Maybe the writing is on the wall for the CBW and it may eventually become the 'Bienvenue Classique Francaise', peut etre (if it hasn't already!)....? Doh

To be fair, The St Saturnin Classic British Welcome is a French event! But I do know that when John Curtis retired the new chairman of the event did want to "broaden the field" a bit. The chap currently with the responsibility of bringing in the "featured marque" cars is a Brit, but he has told me that there is less emphasis on the featured cars having to be British marques and, to attracting more of the many interesting cars around Le Mans that are French owned, as well as the hundreds that now come from other European countries each year. And, he doesn't have the UK connections that John had, so it's harder for hime to organise UK attendees.

With regard to the Virage Mulsanne event, there is no differentiation between cars from any country. You park next to the car you followed in basically. And that will be the same for the Corvettes on display, which will be parked on the Mulsanne Straight section of the track, rather than the road down to Indianapolis. In effect, there are no "prime spots", as all the parking is alongside the track. It just depends on when you arrive to how far down you are! The Virage Mulsanne organisation makes no pretence about being "British focused", but welcomes cars from all over Europe, just as "St Sat" now knows it has to. If you have an interesting car, the French will appreciate it.

Of course, I'm a member of the Corvette Club de France and our local club, Club Auto Passion 72, so am well used to travelling, parking and having the car admired with other French registered cars, as well as a few UK registered ones.

Last edited by kentvette on Wed 30 May 18 08:35; edited 1 time in total. [8 %]
--------------------
Stephen J Irons
CCCUK Lifetime Member
Corvette Club France
NCM Family Member

Apple IS Genisys!

Le Vette

Regional Rep

Wed 30 May 18 14:47

Thanks for your measured insights Stephen, balanced as ever! Thumbs up

--------------------
Peter Sansbury
CCCUK International Rep

kentvette

Club Member

Sat 02 Jun 18 16:05

A little more info on the Mulsanne Event;

We were at the track yesterday (Friday) for the Test Scrutineerig and were approached by Jean-Phiippe Aubry, one of the organising team of the event and also a Commissaire working the pit lane. He saw we were wearing Corvette clothing and heard we were English. He was very keen to tell us all about the event and when he found out we had a Corvette, extremely keen that we attend.

They have close to 100 Corvettes already registered so are hoping to exceed that.

He was keen to point out that the sooner one arrived, the better it would be. If you are one of those from the UK who had already signed up, great, Clap just don't delay your arrival. If you haven't yet signed up, there is still time! Thumbs up

Last edited by kentvette on Sat 02 Jun 18 16:05; edited 1 time in total. [0 %]
--------------------
Stephen J Irons
CCCUK Lifetime Member
Corvette Club France
NCM Family Member

Apple IS Genisys!

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyPrivate MessengerView next topic

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3, 4 / Next

Permissions