» WTB: C6 Auto Coupe For Sale? by Atomic UK on Fri 09 Nov 18 02:27

» Spring Compressor by L88 on Thu 08 Nov 18 22:01

» My Ideal Vette by Jack75 on Thu 08 Nov 18 16:59

» Refurbishing wheels, factory finish by RumblinRon on Thu 08 Nov 18 13:45

» Visual differences US and Export models? by BlackZeD on Thu 08 Nov 18 13:28

» Help with newly acquired 72 350 Auto by Jimbo64 on Wed 07 Nov 18 16:52

» Coilovers by Daytona Vette on Wed 07 Nov 18 11:10

» CCCUK West Sussex meeting in November by robbiew on Wed 07 Nov 18 10:48

» South Central Regional Supper Club Meet by Daytona Vette on Tue 06 Nov 18 17:35

» Car Control by philv8 on Tue 06 Nov 18 14:51

» BBCN Region CHRISTMAS Dinner by Nicetie on Tue 06 Nov 18 12:54

» New Exhaust Controller for non-TPP C6 going cheap by 86vetteman on Tue 06 Nov 18 11:52

» Corvette required by roscobbc on Mon 05 Nov 18 22:19

» Original 2009 C6 tyres by BlackZeD on Mon 05 Nov 18 18:04

» What did you do with your Vette today? by Norm on Mon 05 Nov 18 16:36

» Air chambers by roppa440 on Mon 05 Nov 18 15:41

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2018 Opening Hours by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX on Mon 05 Nov 18 14:03

» South Central Regional Meeting and Midlands-ish Breakfast Club - November by Daytona Vette on Mon 05 Nov 18 12:56

Corvette Nationals 2018 - pre booking.

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 / Next

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyView next topic

Author

WelshVette

Club Member

Tue 17 Apr 18 14:42

Corvette Nationals 2018 - pre booking.

We had a Western Region monthly meeting Sunday last and one of the topics of conversation was this years Nats.

Can you confirm if the Show pre-booking and therefore pre payment is mandatory?

Now don't shoot the messenger, but a few members were unhappy if it is.
for example - One is in business and cannot commit early and normally would like to decide on the Sunday morning to drive there and back (360 miles) that day but was miffed that he could get there and be turned away!
Another member's car is off the road and will be working on it as late as possible so fears the same.

After last years event, I am already a fan and have booked the whole weekend.

So - Just saying! Neutral

curious bystander

Committee Member

Tue 17 Apr 18 18:58

Re: Corvette Nationals 2018 - pre booking.

Obviously some big misunderstandings on this.

Nobody will be turned away - period

The only restriction is the number of rooms available at the Sharnbrook Hotel.

There are only 42 and unfortunately (and not unexpectedly) they are all booked.

But there are other places to stay in the vicinity. If you want a room, either Friday or Saturday or both, contact Mike Lacey the Nationals Organiser for help. (nationals@corvetteclub.org.uk)

Everyone, without limits, is welcome on both the Friday night (Abba tribute) and the Saturday Gala Dinner (entertainment to be finalised) - but you must go onto Eventbrite, Sharnbrook Hotel to book in.

Sunday is the main show and shine day - all Club Members welcome

Last edited by curious bystander on Tue 17 Apr 18 19:18; edited 1 time in total. [11 %]
--------------------
79 L82 Auto

Having a lot of bhp is all very well, but on these forums it's torque that counts

Club Secretary

roscobbc

Committee Member

Tue 17 Apr 18 20:45

WelshVette wrote (View Post):We had a Western Region monthly meeting Sunday last and one of the topics of conversation was this years Nats.

Can you confirm if the Show pre-booking and therefore pre payment is mandatory?

Now don't shoot the messenger, but a few members were unhappy if it is.
for example - One is in business and cannot commit early and normally would like to decide on the Sunday morning to drive there and back (360 miles) that day but was miffed that he could get there and be turned away!
Another member's car is off the road and will be working on it as late as possible so fears the same.

After last years event, I am already a fan and have booked the whole weekend.

So - Just saying! Neutral

Thanks for raising the point (and we're talking about members coming for the day here arn't we?)
The Sharnbrook Hotel has obviously found favour with members who came last year - and it had sufficient space for all of us who attended last year......but.....if we see a significant higher number of members (and visitors) attend this year we could potentially have an issue getting everyone in! - hence the reason for requesting people to pre-book. By doing this we can hopefully avoid the risk of having to turn people away. The very last thing we want is the scenario of some of your guys leaving home on a nice sunny morning, making a 200 mile+ journey expecting to pay on the gate and finding the place full. Yes

Last edited by roscobbc on Tue 17 Apr 18 22:10; edited 1 time in total. [2 %]
--------------------
CCCUK Chairman
'68 coupe - 4 speed - 3.08 - 489 cu in - 570 bhp @ 5850 rpm - 606 ft/lbs torque (821 Newton Metres) @ 3850 rpm

Rich

Club Member

Tue 17 Apr 18 21:07

curious bystander wrote (View Post):Obviously some big misunderstandings on this.

roscobbc wrote (View Post): ..we can hopefully avoid the risk of having to turn people away. The very last thing we want is the scenario of some of your guys leaving home on a nice sunny morning, making a 200 mile+ journey expecting to pay on the gate and finding the place full. Yes

Apologies for raising this, but which is it?

Either nobody will be turned away (as Bill says) or some may be turned away (as Ross says)?

If the latter, then are we truly facing the situation where Club Members will not be allowed into their show which they finance with their membership fees.

--------------------
Rich Rogers
CCCUK Lifetime Member
2017 Yellow SS Camaro

roscobbc

Committee Member

Tue 17 Apr 18 21:23

Rich wrote (View Post):curious bystander wrote (View Post):Obviously some big misunderstandings on this.

roscobbc wrote (View Post): ..we can hopefully avoid the risk of having to turn people away. The very last thing we want is the scenario of some of your guys leaving home on a nice sunny morning, making a 200 mile+ journey expecting to pay on the gate and finding the place full. Yes

Apologies for raising this, but which is it?

Either nobody will be turned away (as Bill says) or some may be turned away (as Ross says)?

If the latter, then are we truly facing the situation where Club Members will not be allowed into their show which they finance with their membership fees.

Readit Its both - Bill's emphasis is directed more towards the Friday and Saturday evening entertainment............
Readit I was relating to the possibility (as remote as it may be) of running out of space for visitors who wish to pay on the day.......not saying that will happen.....don't want that to happen.......Its not as though we have spare fields is it - which is why members are advised to pre-book.

Last edited by roscobbc on Tue 17 Apr 18 22:11; edited 1 time in total. [7 %]
--------------------
CCCUK Chairman
'68 coupe - 4 speed - 3.08 - 489 cu in - 570 bhp @ 5850 rpm - 606 ft/lbs torque (821 Newton Metres) @ 3850 rpm

WelshVette

Club Member

Wed 18 Apr 18 08:44

Sorry to labour the point - but its still not clear!

curious bystander wrote (View Post):

Readit I was relating to the possibility (as remote as it may be) of running out of space for visitors who wish to pay on the day.......not saying that will happen.....don't want that to happen.......Its not as though we have spare fields is it - which is why members are advised to pre-book.

SO, Its looks like members could be turned away if the space is full and have not prebooked. (As remote as that may be) Willy

The Pokester

Club Member

Wed 18 Apr 18 20:56

Can't believe I'm reading this. If there is insufficient room in the hotel grounds for Club members on any day of the Nationals then either we need a larger venue or we chuck out non-members. I was planning to attend on the Sunday, but since I have relocated to Cornwall, there is no way I'm setting off not knowing if I'll be "turned away". As a paid up member I resent the idea of having to pre-book in order to attend. Suggest we have a definitive solution asap or members will simply stay away and perhaps discontinue their membership, myself included.

--------------------
John.

Former owner of a silver '68 427 split roof coupe 'vette way back in 1975/76 when I was a lot younger. Bought it from Steven Ouvaroff's American Car Centre, Kingston on Thames and sold it to a guy from Bangor, N.Wales.
Now own a silver '07 Z06 bought new from Stratstone Leeds (sadly now gone!)

roscobbc

Committee Member

Wed 18 Apr 18 23:07

The Pokester wrote (View Post):Can't believe I'm reading this. If there is insufficient room in the hotel grounds for Club members on any day of the Nationals then either we need a larger venue or we chuck out non-members. I was planning to attend on the Sunday, but since I have relocated to Cornwall, there is no way I'm setting off not knowing if I'll be "turned away". As a paid up member I resent the idea of having to pre-book in order to attend. Suggest we have a definitive solution asap or members will simply stay away and perhaps discontinue their membership, myself included.
There is no pleasing some people is there! - so you "resent the idea of pre-booking in order to attend" - "we need a larger venue or chuck out non-members" "Suggest we have a definitive solution asap or members will simply stay away and perhaps discontinue their membership, myself included" - perhaps you'd care to put your advise to good use and help the club organise the weekend? - Please remember out of a membership in excess of 900 people only one person put their hand up to organise the Nationals - Mike Lacey. If he hadn't have done this last year (and again this year) there wouldn't have been a Nationals.....full stop. We have to work with what we have. The whole reason for using the Eventbrite system for pre-booking the event is to avoid any risk of members not gaining access - and still someone isn't happy. Its 10:00 entry for members whether for three days or one day.

--------------------
CCCUK Chairman

roscobbc

Committee Member

Wed 18 Apr 18 23:16

WelshVette wrote (View Post):Sorry to labour the point - but its still not clear!

curious bystander wrote (View Post):

SO, Its looks like members could be turned away if the space is full and have not prebooked. (As remote as that may be) Willy

I'm sure it wouldn't be 'rocket science' to figure out a way of either making provision for a limited number of members arriving on the day - perhaps even booking on the morning - either myself of Mike Lacey will come back on this subject.

--------------------
CCCUK Chairman

curious bystander

Committee Member

Thu 19 Apr 18 07:51

That's a harsh comment to make on a public forum John - threatening to leave the Club over such a minor issue.

The committee are asking as many club members who are able and willing to pre-register so we get an overall picture of likely numbers who want to attend over the weekend.

We can then add a percentage who decide to come on the day and make the necessary plans.

As Ross so eloquently points out volunteers are very thin on the ground, so for us to ask club members to book in advance before attending the Nationals is really asking them to do very little to help us.

It's also a benefit because by paying in advance it means we don't have to handle money on the gate.

A bit of help is worth a lot of sympathy

Pre-book here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/classic-corvette-club-uk-nati...

Last edited by curious bystander on Thu 19 Apr 18 08:56; edited 1 time in total. [8 %]
--------------------
79 L82 Auto

Having a lot of bhp is all very well, but on these forums it's torque that counts

Club Secretary

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyPrivate MessengerView next topic

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 / Next

Permissions