CCCUK logo

Lancaster Insurance

Website Control

Recent threads

New Forum Posts

» Amazing by FelixP on Wed 19 Sep 18 14:31

» What did you do with your Vette today? by FelixP on Wed 19 Sep 18 13:44

» Potential new C5 owner - some basic questions by Le Vette on Tue 18 Sep 18 14:09

» Stunt Driving from 1966 Chevys by Daytona Vette on Tue 18 Sep 18 10:47

» 1966 C2 Corvette Wilwood Master Cylinder by L88 on Mon 17 Sep 18 11:44

» C2 fibreglassing and stuff by L88 on Sun 16 Sep 18 16:15

» Euro to US tail lights help by julian marshall on Sun 16 Sep 18 11:41

» Mid engined Corvette by Norm on Sat 15 Sep 18 15:19

» C3 Side Exhaust Pipes by CaptainK on Fri 14 Sep 18 13:10

» Presume this is my battery on the way out? :-( by roppa440 on Fri 14 Sep 18 00:02

» [Pics] C6 Corvette's in the UK. by autocolor on Thu 13 Sep 18 19:45

» Resto Vette - or - Modifed Vette by Vetteheadtony on Thu 13 Sep 18 14:16

» T-tops - single / double latch by Vetteheadtony on Thu 13 Sep 18 14:06

» Breakfast meet by VetteWeekend on Wed 12 Sep 18 20:20

» Recommended Restorers by CaptainK on Wed 12 Sep 18 12:12

» 1990 L98 C4 not starting by lovejoy on Tue 11 Sep 18 19:28

» CCCUK West Sussex meeting in September by robbiew on Tue 11 Sep 18 18:34

» South Central Regional Meeting for September by Daytona Vette on Mon 10 Sep 18 12:22

» Spare wheel light by fordpop52 on Mon 10 Sep 18 07:14

» My 01 c5 yellow for sale by Celcius on Sun 09 Sep 18 20:58

» For Sale 09 C6 Corvette by John Lynn on Sun 09 Sep 18 01:25

» C2 Bonnets by L88 on Sat 08 Sep 18 22:56

» BBCN Regional meet by autocolor on Sat 08 Sep 18 09:48

» Interesting Article by philv8 on Fri 07 Sep 18 23:54

» Heads/cam by Fraser on Fri 07 Sep 18 16:26

» Carburettor leaking by Genghis on Fri 07 Sep 18 14:43

» z51 to z06 by The Dark Knight on Fri 07 Sep 18 08:21

» End of an Era by Firepit on Thu 06 Sep 18 23:39

» Sharing the joy! by Invetterate on Thu 06 Sep 18 21:14

» Seatbelt refurb by curious bystander on Thu 06 Sep 18 20:32

Corvette Nationals 2018 - pre booking.

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 / Next

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyView next topic

Author

curious bystander

Committee Member

Fri 20 Apr 18 18:10

Re: Corvette Nationals 2018 - pre booking.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Alan - the committee have it all well covered Yes

Enjoy your Westfield show, to which you will be taking your new toy?

--------------------
79 L82 Auto

Having a lot of bhp is all very well, but on these forums it's torque that counts

Club Secretary

Alan305

Fri 20 Apr 18 19:19

Not quite finished Bill. Battery connected and Iím now testing the electrics. Iím planning a first engine start next week, so will be ready for an IVA inspection in May.

--------------------
"what could possibly go wrong"

Rich

Club Member

Fri 20 Apr 18 22:14

curious bystander wrote (View Post):the committee have it all well covered Yes

That's a relief as 48 hours ago that didn't seem to be the case.

Last edited by Rich on Sat 21 Apr 18 09:31; edited 1 time in total. [45 %]
--------------------
Rich Rogers
CCCUK Lifetime Member
2017 Yellow SS Camaro

Alan305

Sat 21 Apr 18 09:19

At least this reminds me why I donít waste my time on social media. Thanks for all youíve done over the years Bill.

Alan

--------------------
"what could possibly go wrong"

FranV8

Awww... join the CCCUK!

Sat 21 Apr 18 17:47

At least with Corvettes there are 7 different generations to choose from.

--------------------
1995 Corvette LT1 6-Speed Coupe
2007 Honda UFO

Previous
1986 Corvette Z51 Coupe

Vetteheadtony

Club Member

Sat 21 Apr 18 17:48

Rich wrote (View Post):Guy - I agree with most of what you said but that is the way it is, the way it has always been and the way it will probably always be. Only a few are willing to step up to the plate, but that doesn't preclude them from receiving feedback.

Anyway, the Chairman has eluded to a potentially serious problem, so as a Club why don't we all put our thinking caps on, stop bickering and get it sorted.

I have put forward a suggestion and if I was still Chairman (and I'm glad I'm not at the moment!!) that is the approach I would take.

Rich why donít you buy a Vette and become chairman again! Mines for sale! Although Iím not a dealer! Lol Rofl

--------------------
Vetteheadtony
2004 Z06 lemans edition pro charged
613 BHP
Black C6 ZR1 wheels
FECKING FAST!!!

Rich

Club Member

Sat 21 Apr 18 19:18

Vetteheadtony wrote (View Post):Rich why donít you buy a Vette and become chairman again! Mines for sale! Although Iím not a dealer! Lol Rofl

Laughing Laughing

Yours is a very fine car but I'm not in the market for a Corvette. Much as I would like to be Chairman, we have a pretty good one already.

However, if you are saying that Committee Members must have a Corvette then you never know................................

--------------------
Rich Rogers
CCCUK Lifetime Member
2017 Yellow SS Camaro

Vetteheadtony

Club Member

Sat 21 Apr 18 19:31

Rich wrote (View Post):Vetteheadtony wrote (View Post):Rich why donít you buy a Vette and become chairman again! Mines for sale! Although Iím not a dealer! Lol Rofl

Laughing Laughing

Yours is a very fine car but I'm not in the market for a Corvette. Much as I would like to be Chairman, we have a pretty good one already.

However, if you are saying that Committee Members must have a Corvette then you never know................................

Iíll take the Camaro in P/X Rich. 😂

--------------------
Vetteheadtony
2004 Z06 lemans edition pro charged
613 BHP
Black C6 ZR1 wheels
FECKING FAST!!!

ciro_ciampi

Nationals Hotel

Thu 26 Apr 18 17:30

[quote="Rich";p="148200"]Come on chaps, please lighten up and let Club Members have their say without being jumped on.

This is potentially a very serious matter, with our own members not being allowed into the Nationals purely because the venue is too small to handle a club of our size if we get a good turnout. Attendance within the club is very much weather dependent and the Nationals Organiser canít legislate for that.

However you are trying to plan for a scenario that you really donít know about yet. The pre-booking numbers can only be a guide. From an aerial shot of the show area shown to the 2016 AGM, it appears that the site can hold about 150 show cars. I may be wrong, but let's use that figure for the purpose of this post. If you have 150+ pre-bookings then you will know you have a problem. If you donít get 150 bookings then you will be none the wiser, due to members turning up on the day and those turning up hoping to renew or even join on the day (which, of course they canít do)

HOTEL HERE - 11 YEARS OF AT LEAST 4 CAR SHOWS PER YEAR....let's get some facts straight please!!!

The Hotel or Venue is NOT too small for the Corvette Nationals - sorry to disappoint you. The only reason we have requested pre-booking is to gauge an idea of numbers expected and what cars are coming along which will form a register as well as make check in for vehicles on the Sunday morning MUCH MORE EFFICIENT as you would have prepaid.

Nobody at any stage has muted the idea that my hotel venue is too small and therefore please refrain from this suggestion. If you do not book in advance FINE, but cars will be parked on a first come first serve basis, therefore if your late and not registered then you may find that you are parked in the adjacent field where spectators will be parked.

In 2017 Nationals and from that aerial shot that I have, I could have parked at least another 80 vehicles in there if we had been expecting them or needed to as the gravel area around the outside of the upper grass area was empty and we had far more space available.

If you do not wish to prebook then FINE - you will NOT be turned away on the day BUT you may not be parked up in a prominent location. In an ideal world, we are trying to get the majority of members/non-members pre-registered so that we can plan the event and parking.

It has also been requested that we open up the event to non-corvette American Classics too - this again is absolutely fine with me as we ran 2017 at 30% capacity based on number of spectators that attended. So the busier the venue is the better HOWEVER if we open up to general american vehicles for parking behind the hotel where the C5 & C6's were located in 2017, then we need to know how many members are attending with Vette's so that we do not take this area up for other american cars if it is indeed needed for Vette's. The Field for spectator parking behind the hotel could have taken another 300 cars full of spectators.

Having read all the blisteringly vehement comments and I am also a Member of this AWESOME club too, I personally think some 'issues' are being exaggerated and taken a little too far. Committee/Events meeting this Sunday so we will address the concerns accordingly - BUT nobody will be turned away HOWEVER please book in advance so we can cater for you and ensure it is done so efficiently.....

Thank You & Actually Can't wait until the Nationals, my Vette is going to win the BEST 1979 L82 Burgundy C3 category without question!

Regards

Ciro Ciampi Bigear

Last edited by ciro_ciampi on Thu 26 Apr 18 17:35; edited 1 time in total. [2 %]
--------------------
Ciro @TheSharnbrook
#PETROLHEADONISM

1979 Corvette C3 L82

666Vette

Committee Member

Sat 28 Apr 18 18:35

...............those turning up to renew or even join on the day (which of course they can't do)
To correct this statement.... Potential members can join from anywhere that they can receive the internet on their mobile devices... just one of the benefits of running an online membership system, and of course they can join on the day, come and see us.

Obviously by then all members will have renewed. The membership year ENDS on 30th April Readit . That's only 2 days away.

--------------------
Cheers
Allen

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyPrivate MessengerView next topic

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 / Next

Permissions