CCCUK logo

Lancaster Insurance

Website Control

Recent threads

New Forum Posts

» What did you do with your Vette today? by FelixP on Wed 19 Sep 18 13:44

» Potential new C5 owner - some basic questions by Le Vette on Tue 18 Sep 18 14:09

» Stunt Driving from 1966 Chevys by Daytona Vette on Tue 18 Sep 18 10:47

» 1966 C2 Corvette Wilwood Master Cylinder by L88 on Mon 17 Sep 18 11:44

» C2 fibreglassing and stuff by L88 on Sun 16 Sep 18 16:15

» Euro to US tail lights help by julian marshall on Sun 16 Sep 18 11:41

» Mid engined Corvette by Norm on Sat 15 Sep 18 15:19

» C3 Side Exhaust Pipes by CaptainK on Fri 14 Sep 18 13:10

» Presume this is my battery on the way out? :-( by roppa440 on Fri 14 Sep 18 00:02

» [Pics] C6 Corvette's in the UK. by autocolor on Thu 13 Sep 18 19:45

» Resto Vette - or - Modifed Vette by Vetteheadtony on Thu 13 Sep 18 14:16

» T-tops - single / double latch by Vetteheadtony on Thu 13 Sep 18 14:06

» Breakfast meet by VetteWeekend on Wed 12 Sep 18 20:20

» Recommended Restorers by CaptainK on Wed 12 Sep 18 12:12

» 1990 L98 C4 not starting by lovejoy on Tue 11 Sep 18 19:28

» CCCUK West Sussex meeting in September by robbiew on Tue 11 Sep 18 18:34

» South Central Regional Meeting for September by Daytona Vette on Mon 10 Sep 18 12:22

» Spare wheel light by fordpop52 on Mon 10 Sep 18 07:14

» My 01 c5 yellow for sale by Celcius on Sun 09 Sep 18 20:58

» For Sale 09 C6 Corvette by John Lynn on Sun 09 Sep 18 01:25

» C2 Bonnets by L88 on Sat 08 Sep 18 22:56

» BBCN Regional meet by autocolor on Sat 08 Sep 18 09:48

» Interesting Article by philv8 on Fri 07 Sep 18 23:54

» Heads/cam by Fraser on Fri 07 Sep 18 16:26

» Carburettor leaking by Genghis on Fri 07 Sep 18 14:43

» z51 to z06 by The Dark Knight on Fri 07 Sep 18 08:21

» End of an Era by Firepit on Thu 06 Sep 18 23:39

» Sharing the joy! by Invetterate on Thu 06 Sep 18 21:14

» Seatbelt refurb by curious bystander on Thu 06 Sep 18 20:32

» 1978 C3 Corvette Silver Anniversary L82 Automatic by geoff917 on Thu 06 Sep 18 20:03

Drag event...

Go to page: 1, 2, 3 / Next

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyView next topic

Author

Ddave

Club Member

Wed 25 Jul 18 20:29

Drag event... Message Icon

Hi chaps,

I know a cccuk drag event was bandied about for a bit, but never quite happened.. but.. just throwing it out there.. a low key outing.. how about a get together of budding pre 73 racers pop along to this event?? Should be good good racing to watch as well as a chance to run..

Dave

curious bystander

Committee Member

Thu 26 Jul 18 07:25

Re: Drag event...

If anyone on here wants to join Dave please get in touch with him Thumbs up

What's your email or phone Dave?

--------------------
79 L82 Auto

Having a lot of bhp is all very well, but on these forums it's torque that counts

Club Secretary

CaptainK

Club Member

Thu 26 Jul 18 08:20

I think I'll lose badly with my 1968 327/300. 3 and a half hours driving to Santa Pod too. Hmmm.... but really would like to do some track work later on down the line. Shame there is never anything closer :S

Bowler

Club Member

Thu 26 Jul 18 10:19

CaptainK wrote (View Post):
Shame there is never anything closer :S

Ahem

https://straightlinersonline.co.uk/events/category/55-2016-d...

--------------------
2003 Euro Spec Coupe.
1966 Convertible

I suffer from an addiction called CH³ No² - a disease with no known cure....

roppa440

Club Member

Sun 29 Jul 18 12:36

Well the Mopar Euro Nationals this weekend has always been the best event for muscle cars and Corvettes and I saw a few arriving just as I was leaving the track on Saturday afternoon. Anyone on here?

Personally I ran my target time that I have been working towards for years yesterday despite the strong headwind.

12.95 seconds at 106.41mph.

The "official" quarter mile time for a 2002 C5 was supposed to be 13.5 seconds but before I started making little changes it only ran 13.8 at best.

I have whittled that down every year with little mods to the original equipment. The only major non-factory part of the car being the exhaust system.

I have no idea what the engine hp is but by my figures it's making 321hp at the rear wheels now. Chuffed with that. Which means on a perfect day it should run as quick as 12.8 seconds.

Pinhead

New Comer

Sun 29 Jul 18 15:47

roppa440 I saw your car down there and I was hoping to find you for a chat but I guess you went home fairly early

The reason I browse this forum is just to keep an eye on the market as I hope to purchase a c6 soon

But your c5 really cought my eye and has made me think about a c5 again what have you done to it appearance wise as I couldn't quite work it out. I also saw a dark blue 99 down there and it seemed so plain compared to yours

Also congrats on the times
You will defenatly find more time on a different day the headwind and conditions held my car back at least a couple of tenths from what it would normally run and that seemed fairly consistent with what others were doing too

Ddave

Club Member

Sun 29 Jul 18 18:18

Nice, roppa.. have you taken your hemisphere for a run? If so, what sort of time is it good for?

CaptainK

Club Member

Mon 30 Jul 18 08:01

Bowler wrote (View Post):CaptainK wrote (View Post):
Shame there is never anything closer :S

Ahem

https://straightlinersonline.co.uk/events/category/55-2016-d...

Good find thanks. Smile

roppa440

Club Member

Mon 30 Jul 18 14:51

Pinhead wrote (View Post):roppa440 I saw your car down there and I was hoping to find you for a chat but I guess you went home fairly early

Yes me and my American buddy were only there for the one day and we had other people to meet before getting home to Newcastle so had to leave about 2:30ish.

Quote:But your c5 really cought my eye and has made me think about a c5 again what have you done to it appearance wise as I couldn't quite work it out. I also saw a dark blue 99 down there and it seemed so plain compared to yours

Well thanks. The paint is far from perfect these days but hey it's a silver car and the colour hides imperfections (and dirt) well. Smile

External mods are;

Rear amber/red Euro lights changed to Red/Clear. Fugly rear fogs painted to make they stick out like a sore thumb less.

Licence plate holders front and back hydro- dipped in a white carbon pattern over a silver basecoat. Aftermarket tail pipes.

The stock Euro amber side repeaters changed to clear versions that, although slightly bigger diameter, sit more flush to the fender.

Front Euro tow hook removed and the two openings and front fogs hidden behind mesh.

Front side, indicator lights replaced with all clear lenses.

Front and rear C5 badges have the black plastic ring around them removed and replaced with a stainless trim ring.

Wheels are Z06 chrome copies.

Silver metallic stripe decals not much different to the paint colour enhance the hood bulge in a subtle way.

Car is lowered with about a quarter inch removed from the rubber air dam under the nose.

Quote:Also congrats on the times
You will defenatly find more time on a different day the headwind and conditions held my car back at least a couple of tenths from what it would normally run and that seemed fairly consistent with what others were doing too

Good to hear that. Thumbs up

Last edited by roppa440 on Mon 30 Jul 18 14:53; edited 1 time in total. [3 %]

Pinhead

New Comer

Mon 30 Jul 18 21:09

roppa 440
Thanks for the details really nice car maybe I will see it again sometime for a proper look
I am also from up north just not quite as far north as you I live near York
You probably drove past my car in the pairing lanes after I suffered a flat battery from leaving the ignition on while I pushed the car (new battery on order as it should not have failed like that) mine was the red 99 camaro I have a few more engine mods than you and just managed a couple of 11.9s and a string of 12.0s although it should go 11.7 and has been 11.67 best ever

I think I have read that you have not had the car tuned for the bolt on mods you are running
If I am correct then I can recommend getting a tune done by someone reputable. The ECU is really good at learning the new airflow from the modifications and stock they run a little rich in PE mode but some nice power gains can be made with just a few slight tweaks and shift points pushed up a little makes a big difference
I have bought efilive and tuned my car myself the tune is not perfect yet but getting there also I have ls2 heads small cam and bigger injectors so quite a long way from the stock tune file

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyPrivate MessengerView next topic

Go to page: 1, 2, 3 / Next

Permissions