» WTB: C6 Auto Coupe For Sale? by Atomic UK on Fri 09 Nov 18 02:27

» Spring Compressor by L88 on Thu 08 Nov 18 22:01

» My Ideal Vette by Jack75 on Thu 08 Nov 18 16:59

» Refurbishing wheels, factory finish by RumblinRon on Thu 08 Nov 18 13:45

» Visual differences US and Export models? by BlackZeD on Thu 08 Nov 18 13:28

» Help with newly acquired 72 350 Auto by Jimbo64 on Wed 07 Nov 18 16:52

» Coilovers by Daytona Vette on Wed 07 Nov 18 11:10

» CCCUK West Sussex meeting in November by robbiew on Wed 07 Nov 18 10:48

» South Central Regional Supper Club Meet by Daytona Vette on Tue 06 Nov 18 17:35

» Car Control by philv8 on Tue 06 Nov 18 14:51

» BBCN Region CHRISTMAS Dinner by Nicetie on Tue 06 Nov 18 12:54

» New Exhaust Controller for non-TPP C6 going cheap by 86vetteman on Tue 06 Nov 18 11:52

» Corvette required by roscobbc on Mon 05 Nov 18 22:19

» Original 2009 C6 tyres by BlackZeD on Mon 05 Nov 18 18:04

» What did you do with your Vette today? by Norm on Mon 05 Nov 18 16:36

» Air chambers by roppa440 on Mon 05 Nov 18 15:41

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2018 Opening Hours by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX on Mon 05 Nov 18 14:03

» South Central Regional Meeting and Midlands-ish Breakfast Club - November by Daytona Vette on Mon 05 Nov 18 12:56

Tips

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyView next topic

Author

Dellb

Club Member

Fri 12 Oct 18 16:17

Re: Tips

Thanks for the advice guys. I have been out in it and I cheated. I opened the headlight doors and bingo I knew where the nose was. Getting the hang of the length, but my new prob is the throttle. She is an absolute brute. A touch too much throttle and the rears spin.

After 2 1/2 years, she ecceeds all my expectations, and I just love her. Oh by the way you may think me a bit of a Jess, but I fitted front parking sensors during the build. Priceless.

--------------------
Derek L G

kentvette

Club Member

Fri 12 Oct 18 17:14

Hi "Jess"! Very Happy

Actually, what a great idea to put parking sensors in. I assume unobtrusively, inside and out?

We've had our '78 for 28 years and I'm still am not fully certain when I'm up against anything in front and have had a few close shaves when I thought I had a few more inches to spare! Haven't actually hit anything yet though Surprised

Its a whole lot easier driving on the "proper" side of the road here, no worries in car parks, toll booths etc, not to mention the fun we used to have when using the old system at the Dartford Crossing!

And, we are lucky in that more often than not, if I edge out of a junction, someone will let us (or any "interesting" car) out! Smile

--------------------
Stephen J Irons
CCCUK Lifetime Member
Corvette Club France
Corvettes of Southern California
NCM Family Member
Stephen & June's Web Site
Red Corvettes Have More Fun!

Apple IS Genisys!
The "Born-Again Greenies" are killing the planet! It's time to wake up and smell the rain-forest burning!

sublimemike

Club Member

Fri 12 Oct 18 22:00

I have a piece of plywood leant at an angle against the end of my garage. When the plywood bends it's time to stop. My advice is avoid tight spaces unless you have " banksman"

roscobbc

Committee Member

Fri 12 Oct 18 23:52

Tennis ball threaded with a piece of string suspended from ceiling can be adjusted so that it touches the front or rear windscreen when you are a set distance from end wall of garage. Same method can be used if parking to one side of the garage - line-up car so that tennis ball just touches side of windscreen when it is a certain distance from the side wall.

--------------------
CCCUK Chairman
'68 coupe - 4 speed - 3.08 - 489 cu in - 570 bhp @ 5850 rpm - 606 ft/lbs torque (821 Newton Metres) @ 3850 rpm

kentvette

Club Member

Sat 13 Oct 18 08:59

When our's was kept in the "lock-up" in the UK, I had chocks fixed at the optimum distance from the wall and was able to drive up to them. I had a marker on the garage back wall to line up to, to get the car in the "middle".

The problems comes when parking it away from home, up against a wall etc. Given how people easily mis-judge the length of the bonnet on a C3, I rarely reverse into a parking space, except at show/club meet. Smile

--------------------
Stephen J Irons
CCCUK Lifetime Member
Corvette Club France
Corvettes of Southern California
NCM Family Member
Stephen & June's Web Site
Red Corvettes Have More Fun!

Apple IS Genisys!
The "Born-Again Greenies" are killing the planet! It's time to wake up and smell the rain-forest burning!

CaptainK

Club Member

Tue 16 Oct 18 12:44

Daytona Vette wrote (View Post):CaptainK wrote (View Post):..... those blimmin wingmirrors don't extend out enough to properly see the rear wheel arch bulges.

With extended width my issue is worse, but some one is going to have a go and extend the originals for me, retaining the Mirror Head and Mounting Block.

Not started yet, but if successful I will post the details in the Mag.

Owww... that sounds like a good project and would be very helpful for parking in garages.

My original plan was just to buy a bigger house next year that has a double width garage Laughing

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyPrivate MessengerView next topic

Go to page: Previous / 1, 2

Permissions