» [Pics] C6 Corvette's in the UK. by Young Bill on Mon 17 Dec 18 20:18

» C3 wheel trims for sale by Jack Cooper on Mon 17 Dec 18 19:58

» Fuel - Esso Synergy Supreme+ 97 by roscobbc on Mon 17 Dec 18 10:37

» Bloodhound SSC by GCVETTE on Mon 17 Dec 18 10:00

» Username Changes by GCVETTE on Sun 16 Dec 18 18:48

» Help with newly acquired 72 350 Auto by kentvette on Sun 16 Dec 18 14:18

» Tesla Pick Up by Redlevel on Sun 16 Dec 18 13:05

» Fuse replacements by Daytona Vette on Sat 15 Dec 18 13:29

» Another day, another Mid-Engine Corvette thread by Norm on Fri 14 Dec 18 23:31

» Once A Vette Head - Always A Vette Head! by Jimbo64 on Fri 14 Dec 18 20:40

» 2007 C6 Z51 BX08 ECV - Any Former Owners Here? by GCVETTE on Fri 14 Dec 18 16:44

» South Central Midlands Supper Club Meet by Daytona Vette on Fri 14 Dec 18 11:58

» 2002 C5 Coupe by roppa440 on Fri 14 Dec 18 10:29

» CCCUK West Sussex Xmas meeting tonight 13th December by Sea5 on Thu 13 Dec 18 17:14

» Outer Door Handles by kentvette on Thu 13 Dec 18 11:13

» How Many Miles Does Your Corvette Get Driven? by Skoosh1970 on Thu 13 Dec 18 11:08

» Website Copy and Paste by Rich on Wed 12 Dec 18 07:51

» Trimmer/upholsterer by Forrest Gump on Tue 11 Dec 18 20:06

» Spotted C2 by Jan25 on Mon 10 Dec 18 09:01

» O.m.g. by Redlevel on Sun 09 Dec 18 17:35

» C5 Harmonic balancer wobbling! by therabster on Sat 08 Dec 18 22:02

» My C8 Grump by Vetteheadtony on Sat 08 Dec 18 13:05

» C7 Z06 by MShaky on Fri 07 Dec 18 15:17

» Replacement head unit for US spec C6 by Young Bill on Fri 07 Dec 18 10:10

2009 CCCUK race series

Go to page: 1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 / Next

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyView next topic

Author

aaroncorvette

Awww... join the CCCUK!

Wed 04 Mar 09 22:19

2009 CCCUK race series

Finally i'm proud to announce the official 2009 CCCUK race series, it's a 6 round drag racing series (you only have to turn up to 3 rounds)

Come one, come all, join us in blacktop heaven!

Its very simple to enter, if you can answer yes to the following brain teasers then you can enter....

1 - Do you own a Corvette?
2 - Are you A CCCUK member?

Good stuff,

the rules

This series is designed for the 'vette guy who likes street driving and who may or may not take his/her car to the strip occasionally, not for the out and out racer, hence-

- stock suspension layout must be in place (no live axles).
- max tyre 355, road tyres ( yes the ones that live on your car 99% of the time!)
- obviously must be taxed and mot'd etc.

This series is points based so that all performance levels of cars can have a chance at winning, the more rounds you turn up to ( up to 3 rounds or all 4 and you pick your best 3 rounds ) the more points you'll get, what matters is the times and consistancy, its not heads-up racing as such

-Turn up 5 points
-Each run up to a max 3 runs (you can do as many as you like but your fastest 3 will be added togther and divided to get your average ( if you dont make 3 passes you wont score in the average run part) and this is what will be used as your time) 1 point per run

-Fastest average time 20 points
-2nd 15 points
-3rd 12 points
-4th 10 points
-5th 9 points
-6th 8 points etc

Fastest ET (single run) 3 points
Fastest MPH 3 points
Fastest reaction time 3 points
Red light -3 points
Slowest reaction time -2 points

It's very simple , just long winded to explain Skep , as an example if you turned up (5), did a run (1), then conked out on the next go, but you recorded the top MPH (3)
you would get 9 points

hopefully this will reward consistancy as well as out and out speed.

Dates

Round 1 Shakespeare County Raceway 'Yanks Weekend' [b] sat May 30th, [/b]it's a weekend event but we are racing on the saturday, some of us are camping there (20 in advance for the weekend + pay 25 to race on the day) book thies ASAP if you want to come

Round 2 Shakey Sat 13th June
http://www.shakespearecountyraceway.com/eventdetails.asp?eve...

Round 3 Santa Pod Raceway sat 4th July

Round 4 Santa Pod Sat 25th July

Round 5 North weald Sunday July 26th, RWYB

http://www.northwealdmotorsport.co.uk/index.html

Round 6[b]Santa Pod[/b] Sat 15th August

http://www.santapod.co.uk/calendar.php

I'll find out about prices for the rounds 2-6 in a bit (I know there less than round 1) also i might be able to pre book rounds 2-6 as a club ( normally first come first served)

It's only necessary to turn up to 3 of the rounds (you choose), you can turn up for all 6 if you like and use your best 3 placings, Remember to bring a crash helmet, long sleeve top and jeans, also bring your drivers licence.
The winner will receive an official CCCUK trophy, a cheap bottle of something and bragging rights Yes

If anyone has any questions or i've missed something or you've booked shakespeare, put a post on here
I think thats about it, the more 'vettes, the merrier
Thanks. Aaron.

VRROOOOOM!!!!!

Last edited by aaroncorvette on Wed 03 Jun 09 17:14; edited 9 times in total. [134 %]
--------------------
'71 vette convertible + the odd mod.
I thought we won the war?

Blackadder

Regional Rep

Thu 05 Mar 09 10:12

Re: 2009 CCCUK race series

Aaroncorvette, As you may already know there is a lot of dissapointment about at the moment due to the cancellation of Shoreham Drag race evening on the south coast which was scheduled for 4th July I think. Banghead

It may be an idea to post a flyer on that forum link. I for one would be interested in joining your series. Having checked the dates etc.
Possibly doing Shakespear, North Weald and Santa Pod.
Good luck anyhow, and thanks for your hard work in organising this series for the club.
Clap Clap

--------------------
If you are apt to get a "stiffy" looking at a hybrid. You are probably on the wrong website

Rich

Club Member

Thu 05 Mar 09 16:44

On behalf or the Committee and all CCCUK members, a big thank you to Aaron for organising this series (which is a CCCUK funded event) Clap Clap

Well done, Aaron and thanks.

--------------------
Rich Rogers
CCCUK Lifetime Member
2017 Yellow SS Camaro

kentvette

Club Member

Thu 05 Mar 09 17:46

ALLEY-GATOR wrote (View Post):..........I for one would be interested in joining your series........ :

Alley Gator, a little bird tells me that you'll be experiencing new found power, and noise Wink Better get that avatar changed!

--------------------
Stephen J Irons
CCCUK Lifetime Member
Corvette Club France
Corvettes of Southern California
NCM Family Member
Stephen & June's Web Site
Red Corvettes Have More Fun!

Apple IS Genisys!
The "Born-Again Greenies" are killing the planet! It's time to wake up and smell the rain-forest burning!

Cooky

Future club member?

Thu 05 Mar 09 18:26

Sorry I'm a bit thick here.

surely a stock C5 or especially a C6 would have a faster time, every time and therefor a faster average than a say a stock C4. So how do lower HP cars challenge for the series.

c5blo

Future club member?

Thu 05 Mar 09 19:58

Thanks for organising this Aaron
I.m all booked and looking forward to Shakespeare county
I'm also planning on going to North weald and Santapod.
So lets get an idea of the competition
My car is a 97 C5 manual ive fitted KW coilovers with C6 Z06 brakes all round and 2008 Z06 y spoke wheels
I also fitted a AA Corvette supercharger kit with a few Lingenfelter bits, its a lot of fun but scares the life out of me every journey. 8)

c5blo

Future club member?

Thu 05 Mar 09 20:02

perhaps points should be given for reaction times?
That way points will be given to the driving rather than the car

xxxscimitarxxx

Addict

Thu 05 Mar 09 20:19

one three or four its going to be what ever l can make and l dont give a rats ass about winning trophys champers or what ever....its just going to be about a few vettes having fun....but

for those of you who are dead keen on winning a gold plated bookend then its obviously going to go to the fastest car....which is not going to include stock cars so how do you have a fair win....handicap system of course.....but

l wouldnt want to be the one working it out....unless you break it down to stock classes for every different model running....then modified for every different model....and a prize for each....whatever

I never thought l would hear myself say this but "its not the winning its the taking part"..... everyone will deserve a medal just for showing up

errrr and lastly.....whats this about MOTs and taxed......MOT l got.....tax l dont have....coz l aint registered my cars and l aint gonna Toetap

--------------------
1992 ZR1...
1990 BMW M5
1982 Mustang GT 'Blowwwwwn

"l am a sick dick lick cycle path"

"you can insult me any time but you may not get the time to appolagize"

VetteWeekend

Webmaster

Thu 05 Mar 09 20:47

Clap Well done Aaron for getting this of the ground and thanks to the Commited (sic) for rubber stamping it Thumbs up

As for whose going to win, simple, the fastest car I hope, but that's not to rule out any underdogs that might be on the bubble!

If you have no chance in winning, you will of course be racing your nearest rival, same Gen? Same tune?

It is all about the taking part but, I do think there should be something for fastest reaction times.....Everybody's got a chance at that one!

As I said nice one Aaron Thumbs up

--------------------
CCCUK on Facebook

VetteWeekend
'75 Shark (on a shoestring) - Sold!
'58 Apache - The shop truck - Sold!
'91 ZR-1...For Fun! - The Return of Purple Haze!
'72 GMC G15 'Shorty' - Rolling Heavy.
www.kickson66.uk - For Official Gas Monkey Garage, DPG, OCC Merch & More.

aaroncorvette

Awww... join the CCCUK!

Thu 05 Mar 09 22:52

I'ts all about the turning up and being reliable and consistant, if the fastest car only turned up to 2 events then it probably would'nt win, whereas an average car could turn up to 3 rounds and have a chance ( York Raceway will be the dark horse i think!), i thought its the most sensible way to do it, or you just have the fastest car wins?
I'm happy to do the number crunching but i'm looking for someone to sort out the race numbers, any takers? said person can be a joint organiser with me if they like.
We'll see how it goes, if it turns out pants we'll change it next year.

Good point about the reaction times, consider the rules edited Thumbs up

Last edited by aaroncorvette on Thu 05 Mar 09 22:54; edited 1 time in total. [7 %]
--------------------
'71 vette convertible + the odd mod.
I thought we won the war?

Reply to topic
View previous topicEmail to a FriendPrinter FriendlyPrivate MessengerView next topic

Go to page: 1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 / Next

Permissions