AWA Confirms Corvette Z06 GTD Class Entry for 2025 WeatherTech Championship

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
AWA Confirms GTD Class Entry for 2025 WeatherTech Championship Season

Fidani and Bell Returning for Full Season in No. 13 Corvette; Kern Back for Endurance Races
AWA confirmed today its entry in the 2025 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, fielding the No 13 Orlando Corporation Corvette Z06 GT3.R in the Grand Touring Daytona (GTD) class. Toronto native Orey Fidani and British pro driver Matt Bell will resume their roles as full-season teammates, once again accompanied by Lars Kern for the IMSA Michelin Endurance Cup rounds.

This will serve as the Canadian team’s second consecutive season competing as a part of the Team Corvette customer racing program. The No. 13 Corvette is currently 11th in the highly competitive GTD standings and coming off a season-best finish of fifth place at Road America on Aug. 4. The confirmed entry for the 2025 season is a testament to AWA’s ongoing commitment to the championship.

“I’m very excited to be returning to the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship with AWA,” Fidani said. “I have been with this team since 2019, and I have grown so much with them as a driver over the years. I’m looking forward to another season in the GTD class with the Corvette. This year has been so important for us and we’ve learned a lot about the car throughout each round, with the help of GM and Chevrolet. We’re getting more and more competitive as we continue to progress, and I’m confident that 2025 will be even better.”

“I’m really happy to be back with Orey, Lars and AWA next season,” added Bell. “The 2024 season has been a challenging one, but the way this group of people have come together and responded to the learning curve has been fantastic. I’ve been proud to be a part of it, and the results are starting to show on track. Team Chevy and Pratt Miller have been great to work with and they have helped us enormously. I can’t wait to go into this next season with AWA and the Corvette.

“We are still focused on finishing out this current season on a good note before we go Rolex hunting in January,” Bell continued. “We are making a big push for the Bob Akin Award, which would allow us to make a special trip to France in the middle of next year’s IMSA season!”

“I’m delighted to be continuing this amazing journey with AWA, Orey and Matt,” echoed German driver Kern. “We still have unfinished business in this current championship. For me, consistency plays a big role in achieving success, and I believe we are taking the right steps by keeping all the key factors. It will be our fourth year as a group and I can’t wait for the next season to start. With one year under our belt with the new Corvette, we feel well-prepared.

Throughout the course of each round, the team has developed to a leading GT team, and working with GM and Pratt Miller has been an absolute pleasure.
Before shifting our focus to what’s ahead, I want to finish this season on a high. Bring on Indy and Petit (Le Mans)!”

“It means a great deal to everyone at AWA to be returning to the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship for another season,” team owner Andrew Wojteczko stated. “It’s a privilege to be competing in such a high-caliber series in an incredibly competitive GTD field. Orey, Matt and Lars are a great teammate pairing and work extremely well together, so we’re thrilled to be keeping the same lineup and focusing on our overall progression.
We have big goals we are looking to achieve, and we greatly appreciate our relationship with Team Chevy as we continue to move forward together.”

“We are excited to have AWA continued with the Corvette Z06 GT3.R for the 2025 WeatherTech SportsCar Championship,” said Christie Bagne, Corvette Z06 GT3.R program manager. “By having the Corvette GT3 car for a second year, I’m confident that the learnings the team has gained this season will be advantageous for Orey, Matt and Lars, and will help them be even more competitive next year.”

The fourth driver joining the team for the Rolex 24 At Daytona in January will be announced at a later date.