Best Corvette Color is Black :-)

antijam

CCCUK Member
Very nice 😍 - but black is the hardest colour to keep clean and it really highlights the slightest bodywork/paintwork imperfections.:(

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I think black has always suited the corvette very well. From the fifties C1’s with silver coves and especially with Red interiors up to the latest C8 versions

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Black - Definitely on a C7! Specially with that ceramic coating! :cool:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-03-19 at 19.56.39 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-03-19 at 19.56.39 (2).jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 6
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-03-19 at 19.56.39 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-03-19 at 19.56.39 (1).jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 6
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-12-01 at 15.48.24 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-01 at 15.48.24 (2).jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 6

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Was always surprised black wasn’t offered every year of C3 production. It’s always seemed to be a popular colour choice with buyers.

Letank

CCCUK Member
Was always surprised black wasn’t offered every year of C3 production. It’s always seemed to be a popular colour choice with buyers.
Yes, I think it was down to the quality of the finish and the fact that it showed all the flaws in the body. If I recall correctly, I think it made it back on the colour charts around 77?

Last edited:

Roscobbc

I do agree pure Black on the right car can be a really great colour (color for you Jon!) - it's also by neccesity a great 'waxer' colour too isn't it, given the amount of cleaning, polishing etc it absolutely needs to look it's best.......almost makes it a full time job.
My daily driver is supposed to be a pearlescent black. This and 'metallic' black's are even more of a 'waxers' colour, looking even worse than a traditional solid black if any marks, rain, bird crap etc get on it. TBH I think the pearlescent black looks dirty (even if just washed) if the pain surface needs a good polish.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
My daily driver is supposed to be a pearlescent black. This and 'metallic' black's are even more of a 'waxers' colour, looking even worse than a traditional solid black if any marks, rain, bird crap etc get on it. TBH I think the pearlescent black looks dirty (even if just washed) if the pain surface needs a good polish.
Spoke to the young lad down the road yesterday who machine polished and ceramic coated my silver Daily Driver 1 a couple of weeks ago. Quoted me £300 to machine polish my metallic black Daily Driver 2 (it needs it). So do I then need to wax it after that I asked (not getting it ceramic coated) ? He said no as would put a protective spray over it in that price. Just so many car products these days, including polishes and waxes with ceramic content etc.

Last edited:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Polish/coating has become very technical these days with so many products out there. Black has always been a bit of a bugger to keep looking nice. Certainly pops when looks nice tho.

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
I do agree pure Black on the right car can be a really great colour (color for you Jon!) - it's also by neccesity a great 'waxer' colour too isn't it, given the amount of cleaning, polishing etc it absolutely needs to look it's best.......almost makes it a full time job.
After my first black car , an Opel Manta GTE , I swore I would never have a black car again for all those reasons . A bugger to keep clean and look good . I ended up owning five black cars of various makes over the years !! Some people never learn ! :LOL:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
After my first black car , an Opel Manta GTE , I swore I would never have a black car again for all those reasons . A bugger to keep clean and look good . I ended up owning five black cars of various makes over the years !! Some people never learn ! :LOL:
You were a gluten for punishment 😂

Roscobbc

It seems that a grey or metallic silver car is one of the easiest to keep looking clean without actually cleaning it (if you get my drift) - tbh I rarely cleaned my work cars, hoping that a service would be imminent (with its complimentary valet). I've used the (white) Vett perhaps 5/6 times this year. The last time it was washed was perhaps this time last year. I did spend 10 minutes earlier this years usng a light spray wax polish. OK, so it hasn't been out in wet weather, it is generally garaged (with a cover during winter) so simply gets a 'flick-over' removing any dust before leaving. Coming close to the end of the season (or early next season) I usually remove the wheels and using a high quality ultra fine billet alloy polish spend generally a whole day polishing the wheels inside and out and waxing afterwards.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Coming close to the end of the season (or early next season) I usually remove the wheels and using a high quality ultra fine billet alloy polish spend generally a whole day polishing the wheels inside and out and waxing afterwards.
Ade in Notts was recommending Dirtbusters Wheel Wax to me a couple of months back. Didn't know till then that there are waxes specifically for wheels: