Chassis protection ?

Waynio

CCCUK Member
Over the years i have used a few kinds of chassis protection on my cars, mainly chassis black types. Now though as things have got more advanced, and i seen this Lanoguard. Also Epoxy types i wonder if it time to change. Maybe to better things.

I would go an epoxy route but as i am not doing a body off, yet, ill leave that as i would rather do the lot in an epoxy type.

Also a thinner liquid type would be good so then i can spray it int he chassis rails.

Waynio :)

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I applied Lanoguard to one of mine and can't fault it. Very easy to do, cheap enough and after two years it seems to be holding up. You can get spray extensions to get in the frame rails will twirly bits that spin around to get full coverage

antijam

CCCUK Member
I had my Mustang professionally treated By Krown Rustproofing UK seven years ago (see here) The car lives outside and is used year round and I've been so impressed with the protection Krown provides I now use their T40 fluid to protect the C3. It's a low viscosity liquid, easy to spray and very good at penetrating between jointed metal surfaces.

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
I used Bilt Hamber Dynax S50 to spray inside all cavities and chassis rails during the first year of owning my C3 which is now 8 years ago . I chose it over other products as it has very good independent test reviews . It is self sealing , creeps into welded seams etc and resists existing rust . It`s a brown waxy spray on liquid available in bulk cans or large rattle cans . I bought a multi pack of large rattle cans that come with long flexible lances with 360 degree spray nozzles to ensure good coverage . I hand painted all external areas of chassis with good old Waxoyle to build up a good thickness of coating that you can`t get with spray products and touch any areas up as necessary during the annual winter service . All still looking good after nearly 8 years and the car has seen a fair bit of wet driving conditions in that time .

johng

CCCUK Member
I think you should definitely go for the body off and epoxy. There's a serious danger that TimP is going to finish his restoration soon and then we won't have project to follow:)

Waynio

CCCUK Member
well lots to choose from then. Ill look through them all and see what to go for. So many these days like most things.

And @johng

who knows, but i will be running for a while to see what i want to do. you will have to put up with my troubles as is for now ;)