Early C4 radio

Ray Quayle

CCCUK Member
Hey Steve, I have a New Old Stock Bose radio from an ‘89, but it will plug straight in to a Bose optioned ‘86. It has been modified with an AUX audio input for an MP3 player, but has never been installed in a car. Do you need Bose or standard Delco?

Steven Smith

CCCUK Member
Hey Steve, I have a New Old Stock Bose radio from an ‘89, but it will plug straight in to a Bose optioned ‘86. It has been modified with an AUX audio input for an MP3 player, but has never been installed in a car. Do you need Bose or standard Delco?
Have you got a picture of it ?

Ray Quayle

CCCUK Member
My RPO code for the radio is:
UM6 – Electronically tuned stereo radio with cassettes
I was afraid of that. UM6 was the standard Delco radio. The NOS unit I have is a Delco/Bose, RPO UU8, a $905 option in ‘86 that included four amplified Bose speakers. You won be able use the one I have.

Steven Smith

CCCUK Member
I was afraid of that. UM6 was the standard Delco radio. The NOS unit I have is a Delco/Bose, RPO UU8, a $905 option in ‘86 that included four amplified Bose speakers. You won be able use the one I have.
That's a shame.
I checked yesterday and it hasn't got the amps in the speaker's either.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
That's a shame.
I checked yesterday and it hasn't got the amps in the speaker's either.
Your probably find it quite hard to locate one as only 2000 1986 corvettes had the “base” radio/cassette as opposed to 32k of the higher priced optional one.
Possible other models within the Chevrolet line up ie Camaro , caprice etc may have it fitted as standard, or earlier years 1984/5 corvettes.