GM Finally to Pay back for C7 Z06 & GS Wheel Damage

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Owners of the C7 Corvette Z06 and Grand Sport have known the fact that the wheels that came with those cars had a propensity for cracking and breaking. For years, GM has shrugged off these requests for warranty repairs, stating that these issues were caused by impact damage with potholes and other road debris.

This been covered these wheel cracks almost since day one, and in fact there have been multi class action lawsuits that were brought against GM specifically over the C7’s cracked wheels.

GM has finally sent letters going to current or previous owners of C7 Corvette Z06s and Grand Sports about an extended warranty coverage and repair reimbursement program for those who have repaired their wheels.
While GM is still not taking responsibility for the manufacture of these inferior wheels, it looks like they are offering a way for those customers who were impacted to possibly make a new claim for reimbursement against this program.

The letter says that for customers to be eligible for reimbursement under the program, you must have “Proof of Payment” that you paid to repair or replace a cracked or bent wheel on your Corvette within an extended warranty period of 4 Years/48,000 Miles from the New Vehicle Limited Warranty start date of your vehicle. The amount of the reimbursement depends on whether the repair or replacement was performed by a GM authorized dealer, the type of supporting documentation, and when the repair/replacement occurred.

The owner must submit a Proof of Payment which includes service records, receipts or invoices.
They are also accepting canceled checks, payment card records or other bank record as “Proof of Payment.”

There are two types of Supporting Documentation that also must be submitted. The first type are service records, receipts, or invoices that state the wheel repair or replacement was performed for a bent or cracked wheel and there was no impact damage. If you don’t have any service records that support that, you can alternately offer a sworn statement under penalty of perjury by the owner saying the vehicle received a wheel repair or replacement for a bent or cracked wheel, and that to the best of your understanding that it was performed for reasons other than damage caused by impacts or road hazards.

The letter goes on to say that if you paid to repair or replace a bent or cracked wheel during the extended warranty period, and you submit Proof of Payment plus supporting evidence from a GM authorized dealer, you will be reimbursed for 100% of your out-of-pocket costs.
Should you not have the supporting evidence, but still submit Proof of Payment and the Supporting Affidavit, you may be eligible to receive an alternative remedy, but what that may be isn’t stated in the letter.

There is obviously a lot of legal language in this letter, so read it carefully
You have just 180 days to submit your claim, and the deadline is January 25, 2025.

crackrims.jpg

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Mine just cracked 🙄 is it worth following this up?

Thanks kieran
I would have thought so, especially if its not due to you causing the damage/crack. I'd be on the phone to Ian Allan? a) Is the car less than 7 years old? 2017 on car? Ian Allan supplied UK car or US spec import? Definitely not repairable/needs new wheel?

Last edited:

Kieran

CCCUK Member
I would have thought so, especially if its not due to you causing the damage/crack. I'd be on the phone to Ian Allan? a) Is the car less than 7 years old? 2017 on car? Ian Allan supplied UK car or US spec import? Definitely not repairable/needs new wheel?
Its a 2016… have you contact details for Ian? Its also a import.

Thanks
Kieran

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Its a 2016… have you contact details for Ian? Its also a import.

Thanks
Kieran
Hi Kieran, Sorry. Think I misinterpreted what TeamZR1 was quoting above. Reading it again, looks like the wheels are covered under warranty for 4 years from new (an extra year more than the standard 3 year (?) new car warranty). Not 3 + 4 years =7 years. Thats why I (mistakingly) asked if the car was less that 7 years old (2017 "up")

Think you have raised this on the CCCUK Facebook website, and someone is saying you should be able to get it welded? Doubt Ian Allan can/will help, other than wanting to sell you a new wheel at a massive price? Cheers/Peter

New & Used Cars in Virginia Water, Surrey | Ian Allan Motors Virginia Water