How to **** up a Vette without trying too hard

Roscobbc

Everyone to their own personal taste I suppose........but some of the bizarre things going on with this car look as though they were done co-insiding with the release if the Max Max films - or perhaps a one time owner was in to his/her own personal body 'modifications', facial 'ironworks' and all enveloping full body tattoo's
eBay item number:305687103401

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I could never understand people doing away with the corvettes pop up headlights. To me, they along with the T-Tops ( on a coupe) were it’s best features

Roscobbc

Guessing its where the cars had front end prang and the 'cheaper' option 'in the day' was to buy some repro Mako shark panels - (or a late 70's front end of a scrap car) - I'm sure we've all seen them - C2's have had their share of them too.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
What's with the 12 holes in the scoop ?

I did not think they made primaries for the headers that small

Mad4slalom

Well-known user
What's with the 12 holes in the scoop ?

I did not think they made primaries for the headers that small
Who would have thought that a simple fog and reversing lamp could f@ck up the rear of a c3 in such a huge fashion. Same with the added switches and knobs on the beautifully classic clock console.
This guy was obviously function over form!
Estimated please as to how much these mods have devalued that car over stock !🫣

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
That bloody film caused many a corvette to lose its originality and morph into something hideous.

Never seen the point in “mucking about” with a corvettes interior, it has always been lovely/functional right out of the wrapper.

Probably done many years ago as part of the custom scene when even chrome bumper cars were plentiful and cheap-ish. Would cost plenty to put back to stock.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The two worst corvette creations IMO are The corvette summer one, and David Caradines dinosaur inspired one in Death race 2000.
Still it was the 1970’s I suppose

Roscobbc

I'll put my hand up to this one. My first 'muscle' oriented car back in the early/mid 70's was a Javelin. I did re-cover the door cards, rear panels and dash top in faux Ocelot fur.....bought in Romford market. I used double sided carpet tape so could have been fairly easily removed by a later owner (hopefully)

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I did a Mach 1 interior in red crushed velvet. Got my gran to button the seats . I thought it looked pretty cool. The new owner liked it as well.
Used about a gallon of Evo stick.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I think they sold yards and yards of crushed velvet in the mid 70’s. I remember Barry Sturgess girlfriend doing the same in his 1970 cobra jet which morphed into G Force.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
One of the nicest interior fabrics I think was the “hobnail” fabric used in the Pontiac firebirds from 1977-1981. It was very velvety and came in some lovely colours.