L88 on BAT

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
L88.PNG

The discussion is fascinating with some ballers mentioning how they bought entire Corvette collections that included 4 or 6 L88's spread over the three year production run 1967 - 1969. This is 1 of 80 L88's in 1968 that still retains its original motor which is uber rare as they were often blown up on the track. Mere mortals like us couldn't buy one, you had to have 'connections' and deep pockets. The driving video is sweet music..

My guess, reserve not met at $650k

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
It certainly won’t be any sort of bargain as Corvette Mike is selling it. He has nice/first class cars, but is TOP money.
No bargains to be had there.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Mr Rosco, yours isn’t exactly an ordinary 1968, it was a 427ci which was a “leader of the pack” back in the day.

Roscobbc

Thanks fella's - its 'hidden' secret I guess is an engine with comparable output to that of the legendary L88......but in a far more streetable, driver friendly (and affordable) state of tune.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I looked at a '68 or '69 427/435 tri power in or around lockdown. Owner was a rugby player for Harlequins and was all beat up, huge and struggled just walking. We were close but it didn't work out. Silver too

Eurovettes

Supporting vendor
I have access to a friends 69 BB in Los Angeles family owned for about $42,000 - I can arrange personal inspection/import email for more info keef@eurovettes.com keith

Attachments

• 69 bb (3).jpg
    69 bb (3).jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 69 bb (2).jpg
    69 bb (2).jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 69 bb (1).jpg
    69 bb (1).jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 4

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Sold $600,000 for an old Chevy.

Reserve was £585,000 or at least following that bid the seller said it was going to a new home

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
A friend sold his in about 2002 ish. A T-Top coupe in white. Got $150k for it which showed him a very nice profit. He bought it in about 1998 I think.
I drove it a few times, not a nice experience, all it wanted to do was go forward, didn’t like traffic or traffic lights.
A proper monster.