Mileometer query.

Mad4slalom

Well-known user
Hi all , can anyone confirm if corvettes and cars from the usa in general , measure their distance traveled in miles or kilometres? TiAπŸ‘

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
All USA vehicles use Mph, so distance is calculated by that
along with distance as to MPG, trip distance, etc

But newer Corvettes like C5s and newer since speed and distance is done via electronics
there is a switch to toggle to Mph or Kph to calculate all the above as to values in English or Metric

Mad4slalom

Well-known user
All USA vehicles use Mph, so distance is calculated by that
along with distance as to MPG, trip distance, etc

But newer Corvettes like C5s and newer since speed and distance is done via electronics
there is a switch to toggle to Mph or Kph to calculate all the above as to values in English or Metric
Thanks for confirming that team z, I thought they did As they use gallons etc too. Just that I couldnt see I had done over 50 miles on my little run, I guess i must just have been having too much fun!πŸ€£πŸ‘

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
If need be use a GPS or a cellphone APP and see what speedo shows like at 40 Mph and what your tool shows
and make changes to correct speedo errors

Grahamred70

CCCUK Member
Thanks for confirming that team z, I thought they did As they use gallons etc too. Just that I couldnt see I had done over 50 miles on my little run, I guess i must just have been having too much fun!πŸ€£πŸ‘
Don't forget that their gallons are smaller than ours as their pint is only 16fl oz whereas ours is 20, i.e. the 2x20 gallon tanks in my truck are actually only 16 imperial gallons!

Graham

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
GM vehicles with the electronics that allow changing from English to metric values calculates also from gallons to liters

As my 1999 C5

Odometer

The odometer shows how far your vehicle has been driven in either miles or kilometers.
Press the TRIP button to display odometer readings, such as:

_ ODOMETER 12345 MI or
_ ODOMETER 20008 km

Trip Odometers

There are two trip odometers. Press the TRIP button and TRIP A will be displayed. Press it again and TRIP B will be displayed.
TRIP A could be used to track the distance to a destination. TRIP B could be used to track maintenance periods.

_ TRIP A 130.5 MI or
_ TRIP A 209.9 km
_ TRIP B 300.5 MI or
_ TRIP B 483.5 km

The trip odometers can be reset by pushing the RESET button on the DIC. Both of the trip odometers can be used simultaneously
The FUEL button displays average fuel economy and instantaneous fuel economy, calculated for your specific driving conditions and range.

Press the FUEL button to display average fuel economy, such as:

_ AVERAGE 20.1 MPG or
_ AVERAGE 5.3 L/100 km