New official distributor of Corvette for Europe

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
One of the goals for General Motors for the mid-engine eighth-generation Corvette was to transform it into a world-wide sports car powerhouse.

Effective immediately, that goal will be facilitated throughout continental Europe by the Hedin Mobility Group and its subsidiary Hedin Sports Car AB, which had already been partnering with GM as the official distributor of Corvette in Sweden, Norway, and Finland.

“We are very proud to strengthen our distribution agreement with General Motors and to represent Corvette, a brand synonymous with American automotive excellence, in one of the world’s largest markets,” said Anders Hedin, CEO of Hedin Mobility Group.

“Corvette, as a premium car brand, makes a perfect partner for us as our vision is to provide our customers with the ultimate driving experience. We look forward to welcoming new and existing Corvette enthusiasts to our showrooms in continental Europe.”

The agreement calls for Hedin Mobility Group to oversee distribution, service, and customer experience for the Corvette, aligning with the company’s “commitment to offering an unparalleled selection of premium vehicles to its customers,” HMG said in a press release.

“With Hedin Mobility Group’s extensive network of dealerships and service centers spanning continental Europe, Corvette owners are ensured the highest level of support and care,” the press release added.

Sales in Sweden, Norway, and Finland began in the second quarter of 2024.

HMG sold more than 218,000 vehicles in 2023 with sales of SEK 81.1 billion, aided by the efforts of 12,500 employees in 14 countries.

Roscobbc

The UK is part of Europe - but not being a 'paid-up, participating member of the EEC (and a RHD market with differing standards) is there any mention of what happens to Corvette marketing here?

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
The UK is part of Europe - but not being a 'paid-up, participating member of the EEC (and a RHD market with differing standards) is there any mention of what happens to Corvette marketing here?
And the UK is not "Continental Europe" as mentioned in the announcement? This is what Craig at Ian Allan said on his C8 Corvette UK Facebook page on 23 July:

"Hi All, As promised I said I would update when I know more and I have just found out some more.
Ian Allan Motors will continue to be the sole UK outlet for Corvette Stingray and Z06 in Right hand Drive. Initially I will only be able to supply what is built so no bespoke orders - we are awaiting timeframes as to when this will change.
E-Ray hopefully will be early next year but that's all the info I have on them.
Prices are yet to be announced and we are awaiting GM to confirm hopefully within the next 7 days.
I will start contacting people once I have worked out specs and have pricing confirmed.
This has taken a long time to get to this stage and I understand the lack of information is frustrating and unfortunately some were asking questions I simply couldn't answer.
July 23rd is a good day!!! "