Programming C6 RCDLR (Receiver)

Robin Jones

CCCUK Member
Can any member recommend someone who can fit and more importantly programme a new RCDLR, receiver. I presume they need a GM Tech2 and the factory instructions.
I live in Sussex but am prepared to travel any distance. I have tried CCM Vettes , twice visiting, all locked up and then messaging, no reply. Any help would be appreciated.
Whist new to CCC UK, I am a longtime Corvette owner, 10 years with ZR1 and 17 years with a C6 convertible.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Explain what is RCDLR unit
No key fob or TPMS ?
Or you mean the right door controller ?

Have you used a OBD2 scanner and see if it is talking
Have you checked the ground for it ?
What would need programming for that unit ?
Was this replaced before ?

Using the OBd2 scanner would allow seeing how this controller is functioning

rdlrc.jpg

Last edited:

Robin Jones

CCCUK Member
The RCDLR is the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver, this electronic control unit sits in the fascia above the radio, it takes the signal from the key fob and controls the door lock function, boot lock function and the ignition.
In my case the key fob/RCDLR work ok for the door locks and boot lock, but not the Engine Start Button, with a message "Keyfob not detected ". When the fob is placed in emergency start location in the glovebox, the Engine Start Button works ok.

Reading the 2005-2013 Corvette:GM Techlink Article:No Fob Detected Message.
When you press the Engine Start Button you should hear a series of soft clicks from the RCDLR, if you can only hear one click instead of a series, the transistor internal to the RCDLR is not operating properly. In which case you need to replace the RCDLR.
Once replaced this module needs to programmed to the car. It would be very useful to talk to someone who has the kit and knows the programming sequence to do this.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
There are 2 different functions to be learned

1. The RCDLR needs to obtain/sync the security code with the PCM
Most cases that relearn is doing this which takes a bit over 30 minutes which is doors closed, all other electronics off
Push button to get to ACC mode, leave on for exactly 10 minutes
Then turn off for 5 seconds (some models it is 10 seconds,
Do this for at least 3 times and watch the dash to see if the lock security light again flashes

Watch this and see if helps you

2. Relearn the FOBs, either with the tech 2 or the manual way

This procedure will add key fobs.
Fobs will be numbered in sequence based on when they are programmed;
if 2 fobs are currently programmed to the RCDLR, a fob programmed using this method will be numbered as Fob 3.

This procedure requires that you have a known good key fob, a replacement key fob, and the vehicle's mechanical key.
1. The vehicle must be off.
2. Open rear compartment
3. Place a known key fob within the interior of the vehicle.
4. At the rear of the vehicle, insert the vehicle key into the rear compartment lock cylinder, located above the license plate, and cycle the key 5 times within 5 seconds.
5. The DIC will display: READY FOR FOB X (X = fob 2, 3, or 4).
6. Place the replacement key fob in the glove box fob pocket with the buttons facing right.
7. A beep will occur and the DIC will display: READY FOR FOB X (X = fob 3 or 4) or MAX FOBS LEARNED.
8. If programming additional key fobs, repeat steps 5 and 6, or press the OFF/ACC portion of the ignition switch to exit programming mode
. 9. Operate the active portion of each key fob in order to verify correct system operation.