Proud Newbie - 1972 C3

marchartog

Regular user
Hi all,

Thanks for your help with an earlier thread when I started looking for a C3, and for the introduction to Gavin Roe of EMC Performance. I am now the proud owner/caretaker of one of his - a 1972 Stingray, with the first 100+ mile jaunt home under my belt and lots of nice reactions and comments. Very different to the classics and sporty cars I have had the pleasure of previously.

Looking forward to getting involved in some events, are there any members or meet ups in the Hertfordshire/ London areas?

Marc IMG_5185.jpegIMG_5187.jpegIMG_5219.jpeg

Mad4slalom

Well-known user
Hi all,

Thanks for your help with an earlier thread when I started looking for a C3, and for the introduction to Gavin Roe of EMC Performance. I am now the proud owner/caretaker of one of his - a 1972 Stingray, with the first 100+ mile jaunt home under my belt and lots of nice reactions and comments. Very different to the classics and sporty cars I have had the pleasure of previously.

Looking forward to getting involved in some events, are there any members or meet ups in the Hertfordshire/ London areas?

Marc View attachment 26774View attachment 26775View attachment 26776
Great looking 72, welcome to the club , hope you enjoying your new baby. 👍

Roscobbc

There is a Herts/North London rep......and a monthly meeting I believe......depending on where you are in Herts or N. London the Essex section meets at Chelmsford.......not too far away if you're adjacent to the M11......and we have quite a few C3's in the region.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Congrats and nice Corvette that. I looked it over when I popped into see Gavin a couple of weeks back. Get rid of the plates and change for black & silver or States plates for a much better look.

marchartog

Regular user
There is a Herts/North London rep......and a monthly meeting I believe......depending on where you are in Herts or N. London the Essex section meets at Chelmsford.......not too far away if you're adjacent to the M11......and we have quite a few C3's in the region.
Thanks, I am in Radlett, just south of St Albans so a good hour+ away from there, but will definitely check it out.

marchartog

Regular user
Congrats and nice Corvette that. I looked it over when I popped into see Gavin a couple of weeks back. Get rid of the plates and change for black & silver or States plates for a much better look.
💯 part of the plan. Do you have a provider you recommend?

Mad4slalom

Well-known user
Tippers classic no plates did mine in st austell cornwall , google them , proper old school equip and service. He made mine and recently trimmed my front one down to the size of the number plate mounting plate/ bracket as it was covering too much of the central grill. He re radiused the corners at the same time , all for no extra charge so I donated a fiver to the biscuit barrel , give him a go

Attachments

• IMG_8358.jpeg
    IMG_8358.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 10