Santa Pod - Who’s Up For Run What You Brung - Sat 10th June

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Following the other thread that drifted a little I thought I’d start a specific one to see if there’s interest in a trip to Santa Pod for RWYB.

I’ve attached a link to the Pod’s calendar. There’s numerous RWYBs throughout the year, some (at Dragstalgia etc) are limited by age (pre-73, pre-95). This would exclude some members so may be best avoided kinda depends who wants to go.

Who’s up for a trip down the strip?

Roscobbc

Sounds like a great idea. Some 10/12 years back myself and a few other members organised a CCCUK Drag Race Challenge.
The idea was for the individual participating members to attend 'run what yer brung' events at any location in the UK, gaining points for attending and getting one recorded time at an event. Elapsed times and terminal speeds were unimportant, just consistantly attending 6 drag race events in any part of the UK and recorded 6 individual times.
The 'slowest' cars had an equal chance of winning the series if attending and recording six times. As I recall the winner of the series would have been based on best average time for any six events with points for attending also. We even organised and supplied sets of race numbers for participants. There was a significant initial interest in the series, a number of us 'signed-up' for the series and it initially got off to a good start.........unfortunately various national and personal 'events' got in the way for a number of us and we didn't really complete the series. For those of us living perhaps in 'far flung' locations of the UK seeing the closure of several permanently based strips hasn't made things easy. And the cost of fuel............ However there does always seems to be the odd 'no prep' event popping up on an old airstrip somewhere through the year........

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Following the other thread that drifted a little I thought I’d start a specific one to see if there’s interest in a trip to Santa Pod for RWYB.

I’ve attached a link to the Pod’s calendar. There’s numerous RWYBs throughout the year, some (at Dragstalgia etc) are limited by age (pre-73, pre-95). This would exclude some members so may be best avoided kinda depends who wants to go.

Would definitely be interested if dates fit and I could try to roust out some of BBNC members as it`s on our patch .

Roscobbc

Put me down provisionally please Oneball

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Updated list:

Oneball
Chuffer
Keith - Eurovettes
Jane Bromley
Howard Westgate
Mark Stuart
Roscobbc
Invetterate

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I'm interested in doing this as well, as I'd love to get back to doing events with the club, especially driving events. But realistically it is at least a 7.5 hour round trip for me, which is a bit off putting.

Add me to the list as a "wannabe", as I'd be interested in seeing when the dates and stuff are. Just bare in mind my probability of coming is not high.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
I'm interested in doing this as well, as I'd love to get back to doing events with the club, especially driving events. But realistically it is at least a 7.5 hour round trip for me, which is a bit off putting.

Add me to the list as a "wannabe", as I'd be interested in seeing when the dates and stuff are. Just bare in mind my probability of coming is not high.
There always the option of staying overnight, I might do that.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Updated list:

Oneball
Chuffer
Keith - Eurovettes
Jane Bromley
Howard Westgate
Mark Stuart
Roscobbc
Invetterate
Captain K