Seals and Wobble to the window ??

Waynio

CCCUK Member
Just about to put my order in for parts. Last thing is this.

Weather seals

opinions on this kit please. I am after T tops and door seals.

The D/S window has a wobble to it. This was much the same with door card in.
Rollers you think with new pads?

Sorry cant get a video to upload. buuurrr with

Steven Smith

CCCUK Member
I have some Metro weatherstripping on my C4, it's not great to be honest, and doesn't fit that well, and I wouldn't buy it again.
The best appears to be from The Corvette Rubber Company.
C3: 1968 - 1982

That's where my replacements will be coming from

Waynio

CCCUK Member
I have some Metro weatherstripping on my C4, it's not great to be honest, and doesn't fit that well, and I wouldn't buy it again.
The best appears to be from The Corvette Rubber Company.
C3: 1968 - 1982

That's where my replacements will be coming from
I am.trying to get all my parts from one place. No easy. Summit sell Fairchild aswell. Not in a kit though. I'll.have to look this week and go through the seal.on the car. Good or bad I mite aswell.replacee them now in one go

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Have you thought about people like, corvette central, Zip, ecklers etc they probably carry everything you need. I’ve used all three ( + others) over the years and found them excellent to deal with.

Steven Smith

CCCUK Member
I am.trying to get all my parts from one place. No easy. Summit sell Fairchild aswell. Not in a kit though. I'll.have to look this week and go through the seal.on the car. Good or bad I mite aswell.replacee them now in one go
With the weatherstripping, get the best otherwise you will be doing it again soon.
I purchased mid range stuff 2 years ago and it's already showing signs of cracking even though I regularly apply silicone grease to them.

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
I bought door seals , inner and outer door to widow seal strips plus new buffer pads from Ecklers a few years ago . Like most repro parts the seals and window strips needed some `doctoring ` to fit properly . They are as water tight now as I guess any C3 can be !! :rolleyes:

Mad4slalom

Well-known user
I bought door seals , inner and outer door to widow seal strips plus new buffer pads from Ecklers a few years ago . Like most repro parts the seals and window strips needed some `doctoring ` to fit properly . They are as water tight now as I guess any C3 can be !! :rolleyes:
As leaky as “ boaty mc vette face “. !
Just about to put my order in for parts. Last thing is this.

Weather seals

opinions on this kit please. I am after T tops and door seals.

The D/S window has a wobble to it. This was much the same with door card in.
Rollers you think with new pads?

Sorry cant get a video to upload. buuurrr with
the d/S window on mine was clanky, fitted 2 new felt buffers which stopped the clank when shutting door but still clanks when door is shut with window wound down , the glass misses the buffer when down , i wondered if there should be another buffer lower down 🤔👍

Chuffer

CCCUK Member

the d/S window on mine was clanky, fitted 2 new felt buffers which stopped the clank when shutting door but still clanks when door is shut with window wound down , the glass misses the buffer when down , i wondered if there should be another buffer lower down 🤔👍
Mine clanks too on drivers side that got all the use and wear as passenger side is perfect . I have carried out several adjustments of the guides and slides in the past but the rollers are warn so still get rattles even with the buffer pads nipped up tight . Trouble is access to some parts of the mechanism is a bit of a pain . No buffers lower down though that I have ever found . A loose mounting of the winder motor also causes binding and clanking .

Waynio

CCCUK Member
Have you thought about people like, corvette central, Zip, ecklers etc they probably carry everything you need. I’ve used all three ( + others) over the years and found them excellent to deal with.
With the weatherstripping, get the best otherwise you will be doing it again soon.
I purchased mid range stuff 2 years ago and it's already showing signs of cracking even though I regularly apply silicone grease to them.

I have looked around most places online, and asked a few for prices, but some want part numbers some havnt got back.

So you say get the best, what is the best though ? i have yet to find out. As yet nobody has said what the best is in anything i am after. And i dont think you can go off the most expensive as some just try to rip you off. or is that me just used to the world as it is now lol.

I have the driver side door card off and had a quick look again tonight but i could not see any more buffers but for the ones at the top. My top ones are fairly worn and fluffy, glass seals look fair nick to be honest.

With all this faffing about i am just going to go through the car and get whats realy needed. seals suspension bushes the lot. Be easier than trying to find kits and get separates instead.

Just need to finish making the lift.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Corvette central has a very good reputation re parts supplied on quality and price as do the others . They have been in business 40+ years so must be doing something right.
Their catalog is online, and you can also request a printed one FOC ( to the UK as well)
You can then price everything up.

Last edited:

Mad4slalom

Well-known user
I have looked around most places online, and asked a few for prices, but some want part numbers some havnt got back.

So you say get the best, what is the best though ? i have yet to find out. As yet nobody has said what the best is in anything i am after. And i dont think you can go off the most expensive as some just try to rip you off. or is that me just used to the world as it is now lol.

I have the driver side door card off and had a quick look again tonight but i could not see any more buffers but for the ones at the top. My top ones are fairly worn and fluffy, glass seals look fair nick to be honest.

With all this faffing about i am just going to go through the car and get whats realy needed. seals suspension bushes the lot. Be easier than trying to find kits and get separates instead.

Just need to finish making the lift.
Thanks for looking waynio, glass must be banging on somthing else when window down.