Which Brand of Engine Oil

David A Wright

Regular user
I'm curious as to which brand of engine oil everyone is using on their C6's

Mobil 1 is recommended but not easy to find in the shops (available online). I've got a 60000 mile service coming up next week and TBH I cant remember what I used last time. Was thinking of using Castrol Magnatec this time, but just thought Id see what you are all using first

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
I'm curious as to which brand of engine oil everyone is using on their C6's

Mobil 1 is recommended but not easy to find in the shops (available online). I've got a 60000 mile service coming up next week and TBH I cant remember what I used last time. Was thinking of using Castrol Magnatec this time, but just thought Id see what you are all using first
I don`t have a C6 , just a 1980 C3 that I only ever put Valvoline VR1 but cannot see why you can`t get Mobil 1 easily in shops . Halford stock it . What viscosity is specified for your car ? My wife`s Peugeot RCZ - GT200 requires 0W -30 and I have no trouble getting Mobil 1 for it but it can sometimes be cheaper on line .

Fishy Dave

CCCUK Member
I'm biased, as sponsored by them, but use Liqui Moly 5w30 Molygen. The oil is bright green, smells nice, holds good oil pressure and is readily available.C41A4534 - Copy.jpeg